Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Character Creation Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has released five new screenshots from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The screens show off the character creation process. You can check them all out in our Final Fantasy XIV screenshot gallery. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Looking good.

This just needs to get here now though :)

• nokio1nokio1 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I iknow i like what im seeing but need to get my hands on it.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Why are that wasting our time with character screen creation?  Ok when the game came out, but ludicrous after it has been out for two years?
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Really excited about 2.0. Can't wait.
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Yeah, I can't wait!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I am not going to get fooled by videos and character creation screens second time when it comes to this game. I am going to wait for release and see if i can try the beta first.

The first CE edition is already gatehring dust in store room where i throw all the useles items.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

A polished turd is still a turd...

SE needs to ditch that guild leves system and make it more like FFXI was and I might pick it up again. But as long as guild leves are the way to level, I'm not touching it...

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

so far nothing compares to GW2 or CCP eveonline character creation, actually thyese improvements are making the game look kinda flat.

I didnt think the graphics needed improvemnets but the ui /combat system needed to be more gw2/WoW mmo  friendly, i guess this maybe years too late for this kind of release.

At this point the kind of player base they seek are playing TERA.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Why are that wasting our time with character screen creation?  Ok when the game came out, but ludicrous after it has been out for two years?

Can understand your frustration as I was one of those who bought the original game at launch - and haven't played since.

However I believe the whole game is getting redone, with this feature only being a small part of the changes. I expect articles on other features in the future to warm up the prosective playerbase.

BUT - we are missing the main point!   Boob slider is in!!!  -----> Guaranteed success!

MMO - Moving Mammaries Online

• aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

I thought, by the end of FFXIV 1.0, you could level viably in groups? Guild leves were just the casual way of leveling. They also reimplemented the Exp Chain system, didn't they?

While I don't want to wait until 30 to unlock jobs, hopefully, leveling isn't as disjointed as it was in release. Though, I suppose, 1-10 in FFXI wasn't exactly smooth either.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Reizla

A polished turd is still a turd...

SE needs to ditch that guild leves system and make it more like FFXI was and I might pick it up again. But as long as guild leves are the way to level, I'm not touching it...

Agreed about the turd, but you can also use the turd as a fertilzer and instead harvest the crops.

Originally posted by orbitxo

so far nothing compares to GW2 or CCP eveonline character creation, actually thyese improvements are making the game look kinda flat.

I didnt think the graphics needed improvemnets but the ui /combat system needed to be more gw2/WoW mmo  friendly, i guess this maybe years too late for this kind of release.

Really? I thought Guild Wars 2 character creation was extremely limited. Aion was much more customizable. This thread doesn't have the rest of the character creation options for FFXIV 2.0, but they seem to have about as many sliders as Aion did. At least it's much better than the handful of options you had in 1.0. 1.0's customization was as bad as GW1's.

As for the system being more GW2/WoW, I disagree. They originally already made it a lot like WoW. The nice thing about FFXI was that your actions had individual weights to them. In 1.0, it was really spammy.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by aphydork

I thought, by the end of FFXIV 1.0, you could level viably in groups? Guild leves were just the casual way of leveling. They also reimplemented the Exp Chain system, didn't they?

While I don't want to wait until 30 to unlock jobs, hopefully, leveling isn't as disjointed as it was in release. Though, I suppose, 1-10 in FFXI wasn't exactly smooth either.

This statement is correct.

Guild leves are NOT the meat of the content.

A lot of people are posting here who are extremely out of date with their knowlege of this game.

This is FAR more FFXIV 2  than the DarkFall 2 that is re releasing.  They remade the entire game.  New Graphics engine, new everything.

• guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21

Can anyone explain me why mmorpg team don't create a new forum for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn? 

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by halflife25

I am not going to get fooled by videos and character creation screens second time when it comes to this game. I am going to wait for release and see if i can try the beta first.

The first CE edition is already gatehring dust in store room where i throw all the useles items.

I have to say... what in previous videos could have possibily made thinking getting Final Fantasy 14 was a good idea?

I don't mean to be snippy, but was it the EPIC combat boasted from the beta gameplay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXYpvhRXASs

Fastforward a minute ten to watch awe-inspiring clash of dominance between Spawn Kill and the dreadful Sewer Mole. Watch as the player nimbly manouvers through the games seemless UI for about 5 seconds before joining the fray.  Feel the tension mount and your heart race as one blow is traded by both player and beast over a 10 second period. 

I'm sorry, but if you didn't know this game was going to suck before going in, you were watching the wrong videos and ... really... can only blame yourself. 

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

I dont think you understand whats going on here, they are revamping the entire game, so everything is changing, even the character creation screen.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    ARR is a completely new game.
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    What the other people said is true. They are changing the ENTIRE game and character creation is one of them that's why they are showing it.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

This is exactly why we NEED a new forum for this game.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by guin10

Can anyone explain me why mmorpg team don't create a new forum for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn? 

Dont know and the question has been asking alots of times. You can try to ask the staff of this site directly but i doubt they will answer...There are silent like a tomb about this....

It's probably because FFXIV 1.0 is shutting down to pave the way for FFXIV: ARR. It's not a new game in the sense of, "There will be two playerbases that will want to discuss different things." FFXIV 1.0 players will turn into FFXIV: ARR players. Everyone talking about FFXIV 1.0 now will be talking about FFXIV: ARR later.

When FFXIV: ARR releases, no one is going to be, "Get these FFXIV 1.0 players off our FFXIV: ARR forums!" If you make a new forum for FFXIV: ARR, it'll just be needlessly complicated to sort out topics.

I deleted a part of my post, but how are they dealing with old character aesthetics when there are new character customization options? Are old players not going to be able to take advantage of the new sliders? Or are old characters getting free make-overs? Would that mean a make-over system would be implemented?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Silok

Dont know and the question has been asking alots of times. You can try to ask the staff of this site directly but i doubt they will answer...There are silent like a tomb about this....

Actually, I'd say just PM MikeB.  He's pretty good about answering and these forums are his "baby".

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

It's not really that big of a deal.

It'll sort itself out when ARR releases anyway. Don't get angry with the forum, because the OP doesn't know any better.

• XeltonprimeXeltonprime Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by aphydork
    Originally posted by orbitxo

Really? I thought Guild Wars 2 character creation was extremely limited. Aion was much more customizable. This thread doesn't have the rest of the character creation options for FFXIV 2.0, but they seem to have about as many sliders as Aion did. At least it's much better than the handful of options you had in 1.0. 1.0's customization was as bad as GW1's.

As for the system being more GW2/WoW, I disagree. They originally already made it a lot like WoW. The nice thing about FFXI was that your actions had individual weights to them. In 1.0, it was really spammy.

The OP's 1st sentnce says "GW2 Fanboi". The OP's last sentence is self-defeating. TERA is dying/dead. Theyre doing serve merges because 3/4 of their servers have most zones completely empty(Literally. Maybe 0-2 ppl in most zones), except for the end-game zone. Without a steady stream of levellers to replace end-game leavers, the end-game zone will eventually go ghost-town as well.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Silok

Actually, I'd say just PM MikeB.  He's pretty good about answering and these forums are his "baby".

Bill and I just got done discussing this and we're in the process of basically retooling the current listing to reflect A Realm Reborn. It won't be a separate listing as FF14 in its current form will essentially cease to exist. In fact, it appears the logo associated with the listing has already switched over. :)

We'll archive the current reviews forum and introduce a new one once ARR goes live.