Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Interesting. 

So charge more for the same features that were 9.99?

How does that play out for lifetime builders program players?

So much crap, so little quality.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Hodo

Interesting. 

So charge more for the same features that were 9.99?

How does that play out for lifetime builders program players?

Lol, sounds like they took the hint from SOE.

F2P usually means you will have to pay more if you intend to play a game seriously, you dont think EA and Activision both said that F2P is the future of gaming because they want to make gaming cheaper, do you?

F2P is all about money, most companies want to maximize profits.

• DragFireDragFire Member Posts: 16
    I loved that game, but it's destined to death. Now lacks playerbase for a WWII simulation game and the prices are ridiculous.
  • TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

Couple of problems I see.  It's pay to win for air and tanks (vs other tanks).  Inf is not a problem as a bullet kills other higher class inf no problem.  But tier 1 VS tier 3 air... and tanks vs tanks meh.   Usually something they try and avoid in F2P games.

If I read it right, no anti-tank inf except for Premium.  I'm sure that will make the tankers happy, but considering how much crying inf did before about tanks, having I assume much fewer AT inf playing is going to make it tough.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

The F2P model will bring players to the game, however the tiers do present some serious imbalances.

If you are a tanker/pilot/inf you'll still get to experiance the basic game, but seriously the VISION of the rats somewhere down the road went poof.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Whacko

The F2P model will bring players to the game

I think it would've bring players to the game had it been done like this years ago (ideally before World of Tanks).

Now the graphics and the engine are simply too dated compare to other games. Hell not even as good compare to Mount & Blade Warbands.

• depot12depot12 Member Posts: 156
    Yea you got F2P, you get players but they don't stay.  Game is back to low population levels.  Now it takes a special event just to boost it back up to medium population.  Back in the day a thousand people would have shown up for an event.  Today? They are lucky to hit a hundred players. 
  • XOOM-CRSXOOM-CRS Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by depot12
    Yea you got F2P, you get players but they don't stay.  Game is back to low population levels.  Now it takes a special event just to boost it back up to medium population.  Back in the day a thousand people would have shown up for an event.  Today? They are lucky to hit a hundred players. 

As someone who pays attention to the numbers every day, your comments here are inaccurate. Of course "back in the day," we had a pretty high population online. I can tell you without exagerration that our daily numbers far exceed what you have written here.

F2P has generated the highest spike in population that we have seen in years and it is maintaining that pace. 

Interesting to me, based on your comments you are an existing player / potential subscriber. By all of these false accusations, what are you trying to achieve? Surely someone who is active in our community would be working to talk about the positive things that WWII Online delivers and continues to that no other game has or can do.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

Originally posted by XOOM-CRS

As someone who pays attention to the numbers every day, your comments here are inaccurate. Of course "back in the day," we had a pretty high population online. I can tell you without exagerration that our daily numbers far exceed what you have written here.

F2P has generated the highest spike in population that we have seen in years and it is maintaining that pace. 

Interesting to me, based on your comments you are an existing player / potential subscriber. By all of these false accusations, what are you trying to achieve? Surely someone who is active in our community would be working to talk about the positive things that WWII Online delivers and continues to that no other game has or can do.

I haven't played in a few campaigns because of the invisible EI bug. I have waited patiently for a fix for almost 2 years and it will never arrive.  You shutdown anyone asking about 1.35.  Yes I come to the forums to see, pray, that there is a fix and I can get back into the game but not with the way it is today.   What you are saying about the population levels is disingenuous at best.

Anyone can go to http://lagus.org/webmap/ and see the population indicator is parked on 'low population'.   There's hardly any activity. Give me a break dude seriously you are just embarassing yourself at this point.    Your attempt to intimidate those of us who disagree with the direction of the game is not going to work.

• OtotheJOtotheJ Member Posts: 52

The game is over.  People dont even want to play it for free

That endorsement is from a day 1 player, original member of their hc and former mega squad leader thats squads numbers daily were more than you get on your server in peak  today :)

Banned by some set of tits forum moderator who works at petsmart now LAWL

Fanboys, its time to grasp some reality in your little sinking boat...  The 6 year old highly critical flaws with the basic command and control mechanics (aka hc/toe/ao game mechanics) have caught up.

You could add the bismarck and people arent paying for this pos.  Considering the past random dev ideas pulled from the hat like RA ..makes you wonder.  What we have here is people that can make a product but cant seem to figure out how to use it .....8 years later lol

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by depot12

The F2P spike is not enough.  There were less than 50 boots on the ground playing Axis last night.  And those 50 were spread out over several AOs.  So you never had more than 15 or so people per side in the same area.  Which is around the same numbers you had before this big F2P roll out.  Admittedly, that first week F2P was announced there were some good battles.  Bastogne on the first night really stands out.  It would be interesting to see some figures on player churn rate.

Originally posted by OtotheJ

The game is over.  People dont even want to play it for free

1. The game is over: False, we're still alive.
    2. People don't even want to play it for free: 14,500 people (and counting) think otherwise.
    What was your game handle?

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by OtotheJ The game is over.  People dont even want to play it for free

Why does that have any relevance...

I know your trying to market your game, and the forum posts are less than desirable, But don't you think there is a better PR strategy?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by DragFire
    the prices are ridiculous.

TBH, that "premium" price is what we europeans pay for pretty much every P2P game when you convert the 14-15€ we have to pay monthly, that's around 18-20$.

So it's pretty much on track.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by OtotheJ The game is over.  People dont even want to play it for free

I know your trying to market your game, and the forum posts are less than desirable, But don't you think there is a better PR strategy?

I was curious to know who the individual was based on their reputation with our game. It's good to connect the dots. If he was in fact a big squad leader it would be interesting to know who they were, because back then I was a player and knew a lot of these guys personally.

[email protected]
    Cornered Rat Software

Originally posted by Nitth

I was curious to know who the individual was based on their reputation with our game. It's good to connect the dots. If he was in fact a big squad leader it would be interesting to know who they were, because back then I was a player and knew a lot of these guys personally.

Like anything will change if you find out who they are.  Why are you so obsessed with figuring out who we are? Go back to your own forums.

• boobitsboobits Member Posts: 27

Hey Xoom-CRS

Where's the indirect fire we were promised all those years ago, or how about the multi-theatre war? The nation slect screen used to have russia, and asia oh so long ago.