Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Abusive Forum Mods

2»

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Originally posted by Vhaln

What did the DayZ dev do?

Wrote a rant about what a mess the gaming industry is, how he doesn't care for microtransactions and pre purchasing, how he doesn't care about business men or consumers and just wants to make a good game.

LOL.. He seems like a decent guy to me, so I thought it sounded odd that he'd said anything similarly abusive, especially to the f*****s thing.  How could people get these two confused??

(I'm half asleep w/ insomnia.  i shouldn't be posting..)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by tabindex

If your post on their site came across with the same attitude that your post here comes across with OP, they should have just banned you permanently. 

:(

your excellency . your ride is ready to take you to paradise heaven . 

• rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    Sergey created that game BIG RIGS Remember that game it was the worst game in HISTORY! 

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

If your post on their site came across with the same attitude that your post here comes across with OP, they should have just banned you permanently. 

Lead by example is an expression that comes to mind...   when the lead developer is throwing derogatory comments and slurs at his player base I don't think it is reasonable to hold your player base to a higher standard. 

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

It is strange to see them ban you for that, especially without any prior warning or anything.  It did seem less like you were trying to report the issue and more like you were saying "Fix this crap already," so maybe that's the issue.

Secondly,

He labeled that post what it was fairly clearly, a rant.  And he delivered.  I personally found it humorous that he suffers the same problems when he plays.  It shows that he's testing the systems under normal conditions and learning first hand what is frustrating or not working.

My panties remain unbunched.  Its a fun game, as long as he delivers a solid product that rewards my time/money invested I'll play.

Those offended by him calling campers faggots feel free to stop playing and go back to calling each other fanbois and carebears and all that noise.  Or just complain and keep giving them your monies.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    Originally posted by ayronamic
    where did the lead dev post a thread calling customors faggots?

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?44949-!!!-PK-spawn-campers-and-PVP-in-general-rant

Quite pathetic to be honest, he acts like an immature teenage brat.

EDIT: He just ninja edited the "faggots" bit out of the thread lol.

You ever see the Louis C.K skit. Where he talks about him and his friends calling eachother "faggots"..not as a homosexual slur.....but "faggots" as in being a jerk or dickhead.

The WarZ dev was calling spawncamping PKers "faggots' in the "being a dickhead"sense.....and I agree. He should have used a different word because so many tender skins run about the world today. There is definitely context that can be determined in the tone of a word that differentiates one meaning of the word from another..not to mention the context in which it was used. "Faggot" is one of these words imo."Retard" as well. Its not right to call soemone with downs syndrome a retard....but it really should not offend to call a friend a retard when he/she is being silly or an idiot. It's a different situation and context.  The "N" word is not one of these things...for it has always had an oppressive and negative connotation. Anyway... everyone's so eager to jump on the "PC" bandwagon we have to tip-toe all over the place these days. Which is bullshit.

Anyway...he came out and apologized for using the word "faggot" which is more than most people would even think to attempt.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by SoulStain

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?44949-!!!-PK-spawn-campers-and-PVP-in-general-rant

You ever see the Louis C.K skit. Where he talks about him and his friends calling eachother "faggots"..not as a homosexual slur.....but "faggots" as in being a jerk or dickhead.

The WarZ dev was calling spawncamping PKers "faggots' in the "being a dickhead"sense.....and I agree. He should have used a different word because so many tender skins run about the world today. There is definitely context that can be determined in the tone of a word that differentiates one meaning of the word from another...but everyone's so eager to jump on the "PC" bandwagon we have to tip-toe all over the place these days. Which is bullshit.

Anyway...he came out and apologized for using the word "faggot" which is more than most people would even think to attempt.t.

I believe it was the tone and how he was talking about players, the word choice just added fuel to the fire. 

It's like the Diablo 3 devs and the F' that loser comment. It wasn't really the word choice, it was the tone and sentiment behind it. The word choice and such simply added fuel to the fire. 

These people are supposed to be professionals and they are not acting as such. Though I understand why you would assume it's simply an issue of poor word choice if you feel it's ok for a developer to discuss his player base in such a manner publicly. 

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by gunthology

Can you belive i was banned for 3 days because i posted in the "alpha bug " section that invisible zombies are not fixed yet. banned for 3 days , reason " learn to post in a correct manner " are you fucking kidding me . i paid money for this fking game and for trying to report bugs i get banned. 

my thread said .. " invisible zombies are still here !  i died 3 times so far . is anyone else having this problem ?

banned 3 days.

i supported and defended this fucking game and this is the thanx i get.

sorry didnt know where else to rant , i sent a support ticket aswell to wayz support if that even matters

english is not my first language so bear with me

This is just one side of the story and by far is really incomplete. From given here one would think that that is all that happened. However, since the post was not copied/quoted completely here, we do not know what was really said nor the possible tone that that thread may have imparted.

I have found that when posting "bugs" in a bug forum for a alpha/beta or even a game in production that the best approach is to "just state the facts". Don't go into how mad it makes you or why you won't purchase the game or why the devs aren't listening. Those types of editorial statements just do nothing to correct the issue. Bug reporting is for bug reporting...not ranting.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    You would think a Dev would act more professional. I bet this is what got him to put an apology on the forums later. He made gamespot news... http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Originally posted by SoulStain

The WarZ dev was calling spawncamping PKers "faggots' in the "being a dickhead"sense.....and I agree. He should have used a different word because so many tender skins run about the world today. There is definitely context that can be determined in the tone of a word that differentiates one meaning of the word from another...but everyone's so eager to jump on the "PC" bandwagon we have to tip-toe all over the place these days. Which is bullshit.

Anyway...he came out and apologized for using the word "faggot" which is more than most people would even think to attempt.t.

I believe it was the tone and how he was talking about players, the word choice just added fuel to the fire. 

It's like the Diablo 3 devs and the F' that loser comment. It wasn't really the word choice, it was the tone and sentiment behind it. The word choice and such simply added fuel to the fire. 

These people are supposed to be professionals and they are not acting as such. Though I understand why you would assume it's simply an issue of poor word choice if you feel it's ok for a developer to discuss his player base in such a manner publicly. 

I see him as a dev speaking about his experience with a type of player that exists in all free--for-all games. the pointless griefing spawn-camping PKer. A type of player that is also in his game..to his apparent dismay. My only question for the Developer is "What did he expect?". If he's ever played a PVPfull looter before he should have known this would be a result.lol. I myself dont mind being PKed msot of the time. I just start a new character and stockpile stuff in my global inventory with all my characters so at least I'm not high and dry if I get ganked and looted.lol.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by lugal

Can you belive i was banned for 3 days because i posted in the "alpha bug " section that invisible zombies are not fixed yet. banned for 3 days , reason " learn to post in a correct manner " are you fucking kidding me . i paid money for this fking game and for trying to report bugs i get banned. 

my thread said .. " invisible zombies are still here !  i died 3 times so far . is anyone else having this problem ?

banned 3 days.

sorry didnt know where else to rant , i sent a support ticket aswell to wayz support if that even matters

Take this as a lesson to never preorder games.

Nope take this as a lesson to never preorder games with shitty devs and poor game performance.  Ohh the lead Dev I know is not english speaking by nature, but he needs to either use a Russian to English translator or leave the talking in english to his other minions.  here is one of his latest engrish messages: "Just so we clear before we'll start - here's just lets say - our ifeas, not a set plan. So we thinking about Alpha wipe. Lots will be changed..."

So glad I got a refund.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

The way you just posted on here, you will be banned here too. It says your post was already reported.

I saw the post on the War Z forum and you wrote it like this one full of bad language and insults. You deserved it.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Originally posted by Falcomith
    You would think a Dev would act more professional. I bet this is what got him to put an apology on the forums later. He made gamespot news... http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729

And just about every post under it seems to take no offense to  the word in the context in which it was used. Not to mention english being a 2nd language for the guy. He obviously wasn't slurring homosexuals but many people just insist on seeing only one word in his statements.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Wrote a rant about what a mess the gaming industry is, how he doesn't care for microtransactions and pre purchasing, how he doesn't care about business men or consumers and just wants to make a good game.

LOL.. He seems like a decent guy to me, so I thought it sounded odd that he'd said anything similarly abusive, especially to the f*****s thing.  How could people get these two confused??

Yeah, it's sad that the WarZ is just riding on the coat tails of DayZ and the more confusion about both the more it suits the people making WarZ.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

Yeah, it's sad that the WarZ is just riding on the coat tails of DayZ and the more confusion about both the more it suits the people making WarZ.

I get it that your precious Day Z can't possibly have competition, but War Z is built on an actual non-shit engine.  That alone will make me play it over Day Z.  Oh and it's not a mod of a game that's almost entirely client side so I've yet to see a single hack.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Aconsar

I get it that your precious Day Z can't possibly have competition, but War Z is built on an actual non-shit engine.  That alone will make me play it over Day Z.  Oh and it's not a mod of a game that's almost entirely client side so I've yet to see a single hack.

Good one, the War Inc engine is good is it? no it's terrible, even worse optimisation than ARMA.

To say there are no hacks for any game is just silly, they already exist for WarZ.

There is no way this game has been in development for 2 years, it was rushed out the door to capitalise on the buzz dayz had, if they had actually put 2 years of work in it maybe would be a good game.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Screw this game. Any1 know where I apply for a refund? Have only played for like 10 mins or so. But from what I´ve read from these mods etc I don´t wan´t any part of it.

Edit. All refund links have been closed that I´ve found. So how the f*ck do you refund? Found a number to call, but is there a way to do it through mail?

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Under normal circumstances I would be with you on this, but from the recent news on their Lead Developers post regarding griefers and his maybe not so wise choice in words for describing said griefers. Remember he's a Dev on the game not some player. He has a certain code of ethics to work by unlike players who can say and do w/e and just take the banhammer if it comes. So with that said  I have to take a step back and look at this a little different.

The War Z has been surrounded with some questionable rumors for a while now. Hammerpoints been under pressure for "copying" DayZ and not actually making a game just ripping old stuff out from their current title to try and push War Z as something other than vaporware..

Now..

To the point of OP getting banned after purchasing into Alpha Testing. I don't know bro, it sucks that you got banned. If what you are saying is "true" and you aren't omitting certain facts then that really is some shit bro. Which in turn only makes Hammerpoint Interactive and the development of The War Z more suspect..

Them spazzing on you for asking about something that they may of claimed to fix is funny, reminds me of some of the antics and tactics SWTOR was using on their forums for a while. Anyone who stepped up with some serious concern would be silnenced in the wind and would eventually find themselves here on MMORPG.com to tell their story.

The lighter part of it all, is that the game is in Alpha not released so even if you were banned from Alpha permanently you're really not missing out on anything in the game other than all the bugs and exploits. Also your current ban is only for 3 days. Ride it out and if you can keep an eye on the forums to see if anyone else happens to be put into the same situation as you.

Once your ban is up, reset everything and try to be a happy, bug reporting Alpha tester. If you find a bug that just happens to tweak you extra hard, just remember to maintain some type of humility and respect when posting to the devs..

They are people too and do have ego's / feelings like the rest of us..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Opapanax

They are people too and do have ego's / feelings like the rest of us..

After seeing this video I worry about their ego's, that dev was acting like a kid running a CS:S server.

I don't think this game is bad at all, with each update there are huge improvements and I can see the potential of this game. But when their dev's act like that publicly I can't help but think what they're like behind closed doors, and what they're going to do with the game once it's released.

-iCeh

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648

banned 3 days.

Arrg another person who was mistreated by an idiotic company, man that sucks, no reason to apologize you have a right to rant and honestly this god aweful piece of shit game and company should be removed from mmorpg.com , Bill if you see this post read them and compare the countless other posts about this game and company throughout the web, this company just doesn't give a rats ass for their customers at all and infact they insult them, pretty poor.

OPI would demand your money back and be frigan hard on these assholes, let them have it, they screwed with you and insulted you by saying " Learn how to post " to me thats poor, if someone said something like that to my face , well they would have a broken nose and afew other broken bones!

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Popori

It is strange to see them ban you for that, especially without any prior warning or anything.  It did seem less like you were trying to report the issue and more like you were saying "Fix this crap already," so maybe that's the issue.

Secondly,

He labeled that post what it was fairly clearly, a rant.  And he delivered.  I personally found it humorous that he suffers the same problems when he plays.  It shows that he's testing the systems under normal conditions and learning first hand what is frustrating or not working.

My panties remain unbunched.  Its a fun game, as long as he delivers a solid product that rewards my time/money invested I'll play.

Those offended by him calling campers faggots feel free to stop playing and go back to calling each other fanbois and carebears and all that noise.  Or just complain and keep giving them your monies.

I'm with you on this!

The term is used to describe douche bags now. Southpark said it best . "Faggot" is not a term against gay folks anymore it's a term used to deliver a negative aspect about someone.

I love it when people basically stick to old terms like they are the exact. In which case he called them a bundle of wood, then a chimney sweeper...hell the word has changed notions 50 or 6000 times since it's inception.

Basically you who complain are way too soft skin to live and should probably be offended at the starving masses of children living in your city or whatever. Perspective...

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Astropuyo
    Originally posted by Popori

Secondly,

I'm with you on this!

The term is used to describe douche bags now. Southpark said it best . "Faggot" is not a term against gay folks anymore it's a term used to deliver a negative aspect about someone.

I love it when people basically stick to old terms like they are the exact. In which case he called them a bundle of wood, then a chimney sweeper...hell the word has changed notions 50 or 6000 times since it's inception.

Basically you who complain are way too soft skin to live and should probably be offended at the starving masses of children living in your city or whatever. Perspective...

It's funny ,

People who get offended and speak their minds are subject to this,( in red ) , some people got offended so what? That doesn't mean they have " Soft Skin " it means they hit a nerve, so if some idiot comes walking up to you on the street and says to your face , " Hey faggot ", what are you going to do? nothing? and admit defeat or let the ahole have it? People like that need a life and calling people " Soft skin " also needs lives as well, and the term faggot in context can be used as a swear for sure , but the meaning ( my god I can't believe I need to spell it out here ) comes direcly from basicly insulting people who are in a same sex relationship and placing that word on people who might Not be.

You talk about soft skin people, thing is you have soft skin to challenge what the guy said, because it actualy bothers you.

• 8madhatter88madhatter8 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah, man... It's bullshit. I had almost 500 posts on that forum, and the moderator Skycaller banned me for making a thread regarding players using ESP in the game. I sent him a message and he just banned the other account.