Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ganking?

2»

Comments

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by baphamet

i am thinking (from reading the review) you will not come across any rival faction players unless you enter Cyrodiil.

that has not been confirmed.

Yes it has, from the official twitter and now backed up by multiple sources who played the game.  You will never see members of other factions unless you are in the PvP zone.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Only your not because they will probably let people make alts in the other 2 factions when people moan about it.

Hope they go with 3 servers instead of this megaserver idea.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Too soon...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

Actually I hope they have 5 servers
    3 core
    1 ffa
    1 coop

Make more people happy that way.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    3 core
    1 ffa
    1 coop

There's only one mega-server with tons of different instances.

Confirmed.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    The problem with WoW is ganking is the only type of world PvP. ESO is going to have RvR with territory control. So already, that puts it light years ahead of WoW for me. I can't stand instanced arena PvP type crap.

No it's not RvR, it's 3 faction PvP.

3 factions/realms PvP is RvR...

I really hope they will add a "faction lock" to this game. I hate it when they let players play the faction they want when they want, this usually add a lot of problems when it comes to factions population. Players always try to join the winning side in every single MMO.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by SirFubar
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    The problem with WoW is ganking is the only type of world PvP. ESO is going to have RvR with territory control. So already, that puts it light years ahead of WoW for me. I can't stand instanced arena PvP type crap.

No it's not RvR, it's 3 faction PvP.

3 factions/realms PvP is RvR...

I really hope they will add a "faction lock" to this game. I hate it when they let players play the faction they want when they want, this usually add a lot of problems when it comes to factions population. Players always try to join the winning side in every single MMO.

As long as it's not confused with WvW ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

If I remember correctly, they said that questing will not be possible in other factions zones. They didn't mention exploring is not possible. However it's long until launch and who knows what else is gojng to change.

Anyway, to all ffa pvp fans, TESO is not AOC and War Z is just around the corner, so have fun.

Originally posted by DeniZg

If I remember correctly, they said that questing will not be possible in other factions zones. They didn't mention exploring is not possible. However it's long until launch and who knows what else is gojng to change.

Anyway, to all ffa pvp fans, TESO is not AOC and War Z is just around the corner, so have fun.

DF:UW will satisfy the need for FFA.

Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    3 core
    1 ffa
    1 coop

There's only one mega-server with tons of different instances.

Confirmed.

yeah unfortunately.

so everyone is in the core ruleset, so that means only seeing 4/7ths of the world (unless you make alts)

so then they have a loose loose situation, they either allow cross faction alts and totally cock up the AVA pvp or they ban alts and annoy explorers

they also annoy pure pveers who want to quest in the other 2 lands and group with people in the other 2 alliances

and annoy pvpers who want to go the other lands and pvp

why they didn't copy daoc in this regard i don't get.  It would be more elder scrolls if they had a coop and a ffa server, and having faction locked core servers without stupid instancing would make it more daoc.

this mega server thing just pisses off both their potential fan bases.

TES fans because it reduces their abilty to explore, and stops them pveeing with anyone / pvping with anyone depending on their preference

DAOC fans because cross factioning and multiple instances of cyrodil will make the AVA (rvr) shite.

both sets with the loss of open seamless world and annoyance of finding friends who are in other instances / shards / channels / phases  whatever they call them

• Wisdom_XooWisdom_Xoo Member Posts: 17
    I hope it finds one server who can unlock all zones....