Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game sounds like the possible savior to MMOs!

12345679»

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by MercArcher
    Originally posted by sandboxy
    I don't know if you (OP) are genuinely as clueless as you seem to be or are you just trolling..

Its pretty clear that all the doomsayers and "wowclone" people are the ones trolling.

Not to mention all the lore. TES has some of the most established lore in all of gaming.

The people over at Bioware thought they had the most established lore in all of the known Universe, they found out that lore is pretty far down on the list of what's important when developing a successful MMORPG.

It's all about the gameplay in the end, the lore could be totally unknown.

Yeah, check in with Turbine and Funcom how "the most established lore in all of gaming" went for them.  Established lore carries a lot of baggage with it.  There are a lot of diverse expectations and pleasing all those crowds is tricky.

It's all about making a fun compelling game.  Lore is a bonus if they can get the fun and compelling parts down. So far all the above haven't got the fun and compelling parts down.

You can add Bioware to that list as well.  The thing with Turbine (LotRO), Funcom (AoC) and Bioware (SWTOR) was that either the game was a WoW clone or had shitty gameplay and alot of design issues.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

I agree with OP's title.

Not his post.

I think this'll be the last "big budget" WoW clone.

After this and TOR flops, no big company is going to bother, maybe people will make niche MMOs again.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

There are already a lot of great mmos out there.

There will never be a savior for those that ride the hype trains.

• KasterGrailKasterGrail Member Posts: 3
    oh god not another savior and with that the game is destined to flop
  • GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
     Hopefully Bethesda won't pull a flop a la Warhammer.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    the word savior should be banned from mmosite forum 
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by clarechultheis

Originally posted by Sentime
    There are already a lot of great mmos out there. There will never be a savior for those that ride the hype trains.

I totally agree. Some of the great mmo's are B2p.

I agree with the hype train, hype is the killer.As for some great B2P mmo, i can only think of one and that's guild bores 2. The fact remain is the leading MMO is P2P and many people would still pay a sub if the game was worth it.

I for one am looking forward to TESO as you can see by my avitar.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Sentime

There are already a lot of great mmos out there.

There will never be a savior for those that ride the hype trains.

I totally agree. Some of the great mmo's are B2p.

I agree with the hype train, hype is the killer.As for some great B2P mmo, i can only think of one and that's guild bores 2. The fact remain is the leading MMO is P2P and many people would still pay a sub if the game was worth it. I for one am looking forward to TESO as you can see by my avitar.

I've seen the trailer of The Elder Scroll on youtube and it's freakin' amazing, but i won't judge it til i see the actual gameplay. :P

May I ask what about this supposed trailer amazes you?

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

TESO, TSW and WoD -- the holy trinity of MMO revolution

plus.. Star Citizen. Good times.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Edit: /thread
  • nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Siveria

Honestly though? best savior to mmorpgs would be the person whob lows up all the wow servers so the game has to be cancelled, once wow-like mmo's become unpopular we'll suddendly see dev's actually trying again.

So destroying the enjoyment of MILLIONS is worth having a few hardcore nerds having their obscure gaming niche filled? :)

This is going beyond hipster WoW hating now, I think.

A better game will do well regardless of competition.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    However good this game turns out to be you can be certain of one thing some idiot will still call it a WoW clone .
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by roo67
    However good this game turns out to be you can be certain of one thing some idiot will still call it a WoW clone .

what this game offer that gw2 or other <insert name> bland and generic themepark doesnt? ppl will still play WoW and this stinky monkey tail of game will fail.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    I don't think MMO's need saving. There is plenty for everybody at the moment. You have WoW, LOTRO, The Secret World and Guild Wars 2, the latter two offering new and enhanced gameplay that offers that bit more than your standard theme park. Not to mention Eve etc. The "savior to MMO's" is in the eyes of the beholder I think. So if you think this game will bring you great joy for the genre then I hope it becomes the game you hope it will be!
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    the word savior should be banned from mmosite forum 

The word Savior lures us to check the thread. Great strategy though! :3 lol

yuppys :P

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by Sicae
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Two bad things happening in this thread:

• Similarities to previous games, automatic winner.
    • Similarities to previous games, automatic loser.
    In other words, the usual hype and anti-hype (anti-hype follows the same rules as hype, except for adopting "doom" as the automatic rather than "win").

Sadly, thats what you get on these kinds of forums. To actually discuss the basis of the game you need to go to a dedicated forum.

Guess you haven't been to the bethsoft TESO forum.  It's pretty much all brown-nosing there, no real discussion, just a bunch of moronic threads like this OP, and when people do voice concerns they are battered by blind fanboyism and eventually banned.

Theres a huge difference between "brown-nosing" and looking forward to the game and discussing things they like.  Its painfully obvious you hate the game so your view is and will always be skewed toward that.  Where you see doom, shitty gameplay, and fanbois brown-nosing. the actual players lookiing forward to a title see optimism and civil discussion.  If you were to take off those blinders you would see there is passionate discussion and some disagreement amongst the poptential playerbase. 

It is forums such this where you get the heated, troolish and ignorant players who refuse to see through anything other then their own jaded, dellusional world view and as such it is forums such as these that leave me to suspect that haters, trolls and flamers are the majority of opposite side as opposed to the simple person who disagrees with a games premise, voices it, and moves along never to care again.  In a sense, it is forums posters such as yourself who refuse to either, remove oneself from the discussion, or become rationale in their discourse.  The haters of a game will always drown out the fanbois and IMO are a million times worse then the latter.

Do yourself a favor, remove yourself from the TESO discussion, and leave the game for fans.  Nothing will change and you have no reason to be here, unless you draw thrills from flaming, trolling and making others pissed at silly remarks.  It would be so much better for the MMORPG.com community as a whole if less people would voice their displeasure of a game and do it once and move on but leave the bulk of the discussion to people who are looking forward to that title.

So only people who are happy with where the game is going should get to voice an opinion?  I am a long time TeS fan going back to the 90s.  I am not really thrilled with most of the concepts that are being pushed forward. So I should just give up and go? Not say something and hope that the game may be a bit closer to what I would like?

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by funyahns

So only people who are happy with where the game is going should get to voice an opinion?  I am a long time TeS fan going back to the 90s.  I am not really thrilled with most of the concepts that are being pushed forward. So I should just give up and go? Not say something and hope that the game may be a bit closer to what I would like?

Unfortunately this game is not designed for TES fans, they want a piece of that MMO pie - nothing we can do to change it.  We're just gonna have to wait for another single player installment and hope that TESO doesn't wreck the franchise.

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Beware of hype

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

By and far these games have been fun and entertaining but then they are single player games. I'm looking forward too see how they do adapting it too an mmo, hopefully like I'm sure others have said they won't ruin it and actually do a good job.

Seems to me they are off to a good start by not copying how it is done in other mmos. Lets hope the hype won't kill it before it has a chance lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

There is no reason to hype this game, people got smarter over the past 6 years by buying failure mmo's that promise heaven and earth and epic battles.

Most dint even leave the starter area before uninstalling those savior mmo's

Other took it for a week before presing uninstall

The most hardcore mmo junkies sticked with it untill their sanity dropped to dangerous levels and their food in the basement started to run out before leaving their house to see daylight.

But seriously OP....ES will not make it far in these harsh competition of mmo's.