Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Repopulation: PvE Content Explained

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new blog post has been revealed on The Repopulation site that goes into great detail about how PvE game play will occur in the upcoming title. According to the article, there will be little linearity in questing with most being specifically tailored to a player's character.

This is not the case in The Repopulation. After you complete the initial tutorial you’re transported to the appropriate capital city and there is very little linearity from that point onwards. Although there are also some static missions, the bulk of our missions are generated and tailor made for your character. They'll take your skill levels, factions, previously completed missions, engagements or achievements, location, and personality traits into account to find a mission suitable for your character.

That mission will then be mailed to you in-game. You can access your mail at any time, from anyplace in the game world using a PDA. Missions come in as job offers. You will be given an overview of the mission, who you'll be working for, and any expected difficulties. You will then be given an opportunity to Accept or Deny the mission.

Read the full report on The Repopulation's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• shalhassanshalhassan Member UncommonPosts: 43
    If they deliver on everything they've told us will be t launch, this game could be something special.

"A single battle you have won, but so quick to think that this will be the end? I, like fear, am eternal, and in your dreams, I shall forever haunt."

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Repop is looking better and better all the time  image

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I'm dying to play this game.  This very well could be the longer-term MMO home I've been looking for since SWG.

If you don't know much about this game, this is a good article to get you started. Also, they post dev reports every month, and the absolutely insane number of features in this game will blow your friggin' mind.  No, this game isn't SWG, but it's the closest thing we are likely to see anytime in the near future.  It's shaping up to be a vast and modern improvement over SWG which also has some great hybrid themepark features as noted in this article.

I cannot wait to get in the game and start a crafter character in addition to a combat character.  The idea of being able to place harvestors again and open up my own shop is something I have missed more than I can say from SWG.

I'm very much hoping I can fire up a character that will be like my Ranger in SWG.  I was a contract tracker/hunter who made a ton of money hunting down rare materials for my crafting characters and others.

Man, just talking about all this gets me stoked.  Themeparks are so one-dimensional it's gross.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Not to be a negative pete but i am keeping my expectations in check and will be impressed if they can deliver even a third of what they are talking about.

But who knows... Someone need to beat the odds from time to time.

This have been a good conversation

Originally posted by tawess

Not to be a negative pete but i am keeping my expectations in check and will be impressed if they can deliver even a third of what they are talking about.

But who knows... Someone need to beat the odds from time to time.

A suggestion... look forward to things without diving off the deep end.  It is possible, I assure you, though you wouldn't know it from spending any time on this website.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Decided to take some time and read through their website. First thing that came to my mind: Sounds a lot like Darkfall pre-launch.

I'm not too sure about the whole tab-targetting with optional first person 'shooter' mode. I prefer forced first person mode, with proper hitboxes (even basic ones like in Darkfall). The problem I see is that tab-targetting will give those players enough of an advantage that makes first person mode obsolete, such as third person camera, quick target swapping and 'sticky targetting', no chance to miss, ect. Perhaps enforce it on their 'hardcore' server ruleset? I'd be playing on that myself regardless.

But that said, the promise looks good, but can they deliver however? I signed up for their alpha anyhow.

Originally posted by raapnaap

Decided to take some time and read through their website. First thing that came to my mind: Sounds a lot like Darkfall pre-launch.

I'm not too sure about the whole tab-targetting with optional first person 'shooter' mode. I prefer forced first person mode, with proper hitboxes (even basic ones like in Darkfall). The problem I see is that tab-targetting will give those players enough of an advantage that makes first person mode obsolete, such as third person camera, quick target swapping and 'sticky targetting', no chance to miss, ect. Perhaps enforce it on their 'hardcore' server ruleset? I'd be playing on that myself regardless.

But that said, the promise looks good, but can they deliver however? I signed up for their alpha anyhow.

It's not even a little bit like Darkfall.  If anything it leans toward being more like Star Wars Galaxies than Darkfall.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Pre-launch is the keyword here.

Both games promise roughly the same features. Darkfall didn't deliver much of it, so I'm very much 'wait and see' regarding if this title will or not.

Indie sandboxes not living up to their 'feature lists'... It is a very common thing, sadly.