Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games you keep returning to

Comments

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    EVE Online.  I am always coming back to it.  I cancel, then I resub, again and again.  The allure of that single shard world in endless space always calls me back.  And I answer the call.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    angry birds.......
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438

EQ 

Never been back to any other mmo i have played near all of them

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I used to always go back to CoH. I guess thats over now though. I'll hit EvE now and then though. Off the MMO topic I always go back to Rome:TW and Medieval:TW. The one that I play the absolute most is Civ though. 
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    The 7 years you bounced back and forth to WoW (OP) I did the same with EQ2.I would say i played solidly for 6/7 years taking breaks to try other MMO's or just a few weeks off now and then.One of the MMO's I tried was Vanguard and its now where i bounced to 3 months or so ago :) Loving it tbh.No easy shit here you need to work to do stuff.The last of the old school MMO's for me,nothing like this console gamer shit we get now.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Lineage 2 Free Servers :/
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         The two main ones I return to are EQ and Anarchy Online....Sometimes I'll play DAoC in spurts but usually the other 2 first.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I used to keep coming back to LOTRO.  Although after my last attempt, I think I've burned out on this title.
  • sekuharadaioosekuharadaioo Member Posts: 22
    just start playing world of warcraft again for MoP. strange i know its all the old thing still. guess im just used to the game -.-

Games currently playing:
    ------------------------
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    World of Warcraft
    Light of Nova
    League of Legends

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

I never "return" to games I quit playing, because there's good reason I quit playing them. They're shit.

If you mean games you forget about due to time constraints, then it's Counter-Strike.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Panzer General 1    

Colonization (modded remake now)

Civilization

Europa Universalis

Warcraft 3 public relaxing non-ladder games

Fallout 2

Morrowind

----------------------

mmoprg's :   none.  

Years ago I used to go back to UO, but game changed and I cannot stand macroing / botting anymore.  Besides someone told me and I checked it that EA introduced microtranactrions a la cash shop and that's deal breaker even if above two reasons would not exist.

On smaller scale I used to back to Lotro but changes in gameplay (reputation gating and grind, introductions of various tokens grinds, partially forcing skirmishes, etc)  and most importantly because of freemium conversion - I left I never came back and will never go back again to Lotro.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    EVE, always EVE :-) No other game give me that feeling of being in a virtual world (or universe for that matter).

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" STARFLIGHT "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    Originally posted by nsignific

I never "return" to games I quit playing, because there's good reason I quit playing them. They're shit.

If you mean games you forget about due to time constraints, then it's Counter-Strike.

Same here, if I stop playing a game, there's a reason.  Any game I've left, I left because I wasn't having fun and I no longer wanted to play.  That feeling is not going to go away.  Any game I was enjoying, I'd still be playing.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189
    Ultima Online is the only game i've consistently played for almost 15 years. It just never gets old to me. image
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Ultima Online.

I must have uninstalled/installed that game 20 times by now, created, grinded and in leaner times sold quite a few accounts. Also tried most of the more populous free servers and anxiously awaiting the IPY zombie apocalypse server opening on Halloween. =)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Vanguard, my old pally ain't even 55 yet!

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92

None of the above. I've quit returning, and despite keeping my eyes open for a new MMORPG, nothing interests me.

I've considered the reasons for my apathy at length, and here's what I've come to (these apply only to me, so pull that broomstick out of your ass before you romp on me):

1. I'm suffering from quest fatigue
    2. I've lost all patience for immature little snips who think other players exist soley for their entertainment
    3. I've outgrown the childish premise behind most games
    4. I've reached level cap once too often, and again wondered 'what was the point?'
    5. And maybe I've just reached a point in my life where I'd rather do something more meaningful than chase a carrot
    I'm not alone; there's an army of respondants on this website who've expessed these sentiments. The larger question is whether game developers care enough to rope us back in.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

AC and AoC. My list used to include UO, but the four layers of intertwined logins one needs to navigate to sub or unsub has killed that.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    MMO wise its SWG. Been playing off and on since day one. I also have always had a copy of Civ. on my computers for over 20 years.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Classic SF.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by hyllstarter
    MMO wise its SWG.

Good luck returning to that one.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    I  SWG-EMU now. Its almost as good as the real thing.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

EQ1 is the only game ive ever had the desire to return to however it character dont move as smoothe as i like them to so it makes it a little difficult to get back into it after playing the newer games. I kinda wish somone would make an updated versions of the oldergames ot a well made sandbox game.

i will however be going back to Darkfall when the newer version of the game come out to give it a try again.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Whenever I hit a lull with a main game, or am just looking for something a little different, I usually find myself going back to STO for a while.  The game's changed a lot, and seems to continue improve pretty steadily.  It has some different elements from most MMOs, like the fleet advancement system and duty officers, that makes it a welcome change.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.