Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A.Net is getting the best at...

2»

Comments

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by pedrostrik

good day to all, until last patch i was enjoying the game , but yesterday i got (as 1000's others) a DC issue, then i take a look on forums , at certain post i saw something as this from a ANET - staff employe :
    ...''

Hey guys as a temporary workaround if you have the mobile authenticator linked to your account I would recommend un-linking it for the time being until this gets worked out.

''....
    Then i and many others post there and told its not acceptable to switch off authenticator,

Its very bad a person from ANET comes to their forums and talked about a fix by removing the only secure feature that we have in the game , well i stop to play for a day until they really fixed it

You mean the authenticator that is still in beta. Meaning it can cause problems with accessing the game. How can something still in beta be secure. 

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Lessons over the years... never preorder, don't listen the hype, don't trust games with the label " WoW killers"
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by pedrostrik
    good day to all, until last patch i was enjoying the game , but yesterday i got (as 1000's others) a DC issue, then i take a look on forums , at certain post i saw something as this from a ANET - staff employe :...''Hey guys as a temporary workaround if you have the mobile authenticator linked to your account I would recommend un-linking it for the time being until this gets worked out.''....Then i and many others post there and told its not acceptable to switch off authenticator,Its very bad a person from ANET comes to their forums and talked about a fix by removing the only secure feature that we have in the game , well i stop to play for a day until they really fixed it
    You DO know that the authenticator is still BETA?

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    Lessons over the years... never preorder, don't listen the hype, don't trust games with the label " WoW killers"
    So you believed word of mouth, I honestly haven't seen anyone claim GW2 to be a WoW killer, I know people said SWTOR would be... hahah how that turned out.

I didn't listen to any hype, I didn't preorder, I just got GW2 because there were no other good MMO game interesting enough and my guild and I were sick of how SWTOR was turning out and we were busy playing SWG*cough* until GW2 went live.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

I preordered and the game lived up to the hype for me, unlike some i wasn't expecting the game to give me a virtual blowjob.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Istavaan

I preordered and the game lived up to the hype for me, unlike some i wasn't expecting the game to give me a virtual blowjob.

Same here. I loved the game.

Sadly Guild wars 2 release around some truly amazing games.

There's not enough time in the day to play the best games out right now along with Guild Wars 2.

Thankfully i don't have to pay for a subscription, ss i can return later.

Something that really hurt SWTOR... Im sorry but When that game released Skyrim ate all of my time, then Mass Effect 3 hit and it was bye bye SWTOR. 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

if it lived up to the hype for you, then you are lucky, enjoy......

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Same.

In fact, I think the game is actually better than I thought it would be because I didn't expect the PvP (WvW) gameplay to be so fun.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by dreamer05
    Originally posted by botrytis
    There is more to this story than meets the eye. Please don't come here and whine about forum where you are not following the rules and then you get a thread closed.

Because no company ever banned someone out of self interest? Right....

nah...because botrytis sees no wrong in his savior.....

Actually if you'd have read the thread the OP showed you'd see that what looks to be a well intended post started to go south fast. Hence the closure. But I know... you'd rather make baseless "They are only defending it because they think GW2 is the second coming" than actually read what you are discussing. Seems to be a trend from a few. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It is disappointing that ANET is so heavy handed with their moderation.  They have a long way to go to really earn my respect as a developer of MMOs.  This is their chance to show they've paid attention to other companies mistakes.  I really hope they change their policies and learn how to make a compelling end game.
  • NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

That thread was deleted because there are dozens exactly like it, but their moderation is outsourced, and it's obvious. Just take a look at this mod's amazing English skills: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Bizarre-Name-Restriction/first#post493033.

Hello everyone,

it’s quite interesting how you wonder why words/shorts aren’t edited by the filter while others are. Does that mean you want those words to be filtered, too? Feel free to suggest some, then.

Greetings

The thread was asking (quite clearly) why the name "Frostbite" was blocked.

Arbitrary locks and bans (without reasons given) are the result of their staff's inability to comprehend what they're attempting to moderate.

I don't see the problem here. The only time I've ever had a problem with a name filter on a seemingly innocuous name was that it turned out to be an NPC's name. It appeared to me that the moderator was responding to another poster who had wondered why certain "bad" names were allowed. Honestly- google arenanet moderators and see the complaints about moderation, then click on page 2 of google results (I know, it's a safe place to bury dead bodies). You'll see complaints of LACK of moderation at offsite forums. *shrug* It seriously easy folks. If you don't like Anet's moderation, start your own forum, or use on that already exists.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863
    Newmoon, if you read the thread (and the mod's post), you can see the problem is his English. Just look at his formatting. He ends his post with "Greetings", fails to capitalize sentences, places commas where they don't belong, and I'm not sure what he meant by "shorts". The overall phrasing is just awkward. Maybe people are too used to awful English on this site to notice, but it's far below what is expected of a professional.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss