Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any thoughts about hardcore pvp servers and assassin class?

After coming to an end in LotRO I am currently thinking about getting into Age of Conan. I always wanted to try it at least and now it seems the time to be.

I have already deciced to level an assassin. Can anyone point out, if it is a viable class for pve/pvp? I understand that EVERY class has the ability to hide and stealth? So what makes the assassin special?

I am very excited about the "new" hardcore pvp servers, but I am wondering if they have a solid playerbase? No point in hardcore pvp rules, if only a handful of players are online every evening. Any thoughts on this?

Thx in advance!

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

This guy is very PVP and Assassin. If anyone has an opinion he does. He's pretty good at replying on Twitter, 

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/

His twitter:

https://twitter.com/Slith_hideout

Goodluck! I mostly play a PoM and PvE so I'm probably not best person to give an opinion. Slith would be the person I would ask his opinion on PvP and the sin class.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Inlor

After coming to an end in LotRO I am currently thinking about getting into Age of Conan. I always wanted to try it at least and now it seems the time to be.

I have already deciced to level an assassin. Can anyone point out, if it is a viable class for pve/pvp? I understand that EVERY class has the ability to hide and stealth? So what makes the assassin special?

I am very excited about the "new" hardcore pvp servers, but I am wondering if they have a solid playerbase? No point in hardcore pvp rules, if only a handful of players are online every evening. Any thoughts on this?

Thx in advance!

well the last time i played on the hardcore pvp server it was dead. and i mean dead dead. this was the US server not sure how the euro one is doing.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Both "hardcore" PvP servers are dead. Stupid rulesets ruined it all (mainly Khitai and AA's).

PvE servers have the most pop, so join one of those. Just don't expect any PvP love in this game, with this game director.

• InlorInlor Member Posts: 37

Thank you for your answers!

Sad to hear, that the hardcore pvp server is dead...:( But I can't bring myself to play on a pve server, so I will try the regular pvp server instead.

@Sevenwind: Thank you for the link! Was extremely helpful!