Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Walking Dead, not bad

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Just bought the game on Steam last night.  I normally do not play these type of games and I have never watched the series, but this game is actually very relaxing and fun.

UNTIL

you get the crap scared out of you from one of those damn zombies.  Took me by surprise a couple of times.

Overall, it is not a bad game for 25 USD.  Plus, they will release new episodes which automatically gets downloaded to your computer through Steam

The Walking Dead

Anyone else playing this little jewel?  Thoughts?

Comments

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120
    You do realize that this website and these forums are for MMORPGs, right? I know exactly what game you are talking about and I know for a fact that it is a console game, and I'm under the impression that it doesn't support even the most basic multiplayer settings.
  • aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

There's a non-MMORPG section that this will probably be moved to.

Anyway, it is a very good game. A minor annoyance is that sometimes your choices don't register. I sided with someone in Episode 1, and they said I didn't in Episode 2. It certainly cheapens the experience.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Feverfew
    You do realize that this website and these forums are for MMORPGs, right? I know exactly what game you are talking about and I know for a fact that it is a console game, and I'm under the impression that it doesn't support even the most basic multiplayer settings.

You DO realize that this is the NON-MMORPG portion of the forums, where you can talk about NON-MMORPG things if you'd like?

No, obviously you don't realize that.  Way to read.

Unless it has already been moved and then I suppose my response is quite irrelevant.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    As far as the topic goes, I enjoyed the first three episodes.  I haven't played the forth yet, I'll get around to it though.
  • aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

Oh. That's weird. Why is there a sub-forum that says for PC Gaming and Console Gaming when you can just discuss everything here?

That's a bit confusing.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Amazing game in terms of story telling. Puzzles are a bit meh, but for their defense they can't expect insane solutions for everything either considering the world it takes place in. 

The last episode end... yeash, I wanted to facepalm and shout at how it ended but thats a spoiler so I won't really go into that... I get why it happened but yeash. Over-all the fact it is split up in the way it is really helps to make it one of the few games where your choices do 'feel' like they play a more significant part at the very least.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Feverfew

If you haven't noticed this is in the right forum it does say general gaming which would imply that this is a game and not a MMO but it is considered general gaming.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

The Walking Dead is apart of the new Telltale adventure games evolution.

While I prefer older styled Adventure games i've enjoyed Walking dead and Back to the Future.

If you do want to play some excellent adventure games that have more of a retro artstyle try the Wadjet eye  games.

Look up the developers main site games like Blackwell legacy, Gemini Rue and Resonance are amazing! 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I brought it when the first episode came out, i aint had chance to try the others yet :) so its somthing for me to look forward to..
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
      This is the right forum for non mmo games!   Yes this is an excellent game, love the story telling, graphics are ok but good enough, same with controls. I do not like the fact that on PC you only get one episode a month but I can live with it. I think there is an episode 6 coming out also
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

The game is alright.

The opening line that states your decisions change the way the game plays out annoys me VERY much though. I have come across 2 decisions that made a change. Those 2 changes also resulted in almost the exact same playthrough anyways (lets just say its an aesthetic change). So therefore, your decisions mean JACK.

I bought into the game knowing what it was, but I did expect my decisions to have at least a little impact on the story. Heck, at the beginning of the game I made a decision that I felt was good, only to have one of the characters react as if I had made an alternate choice! Sure enough, even on TWD forums everyone else experienced the same thing. 

Not worth the $25.00 IMO. I got it on sale. Some friends were going to get it, but since its so short I talked them out of it and let them play it on my PC instead. Don't let my negative attitude fool you, it is a decent game. I just react poorly to blatant lies!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by Vardahoth
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Just bought the game on Steam last night.  I normally do not play these type of games and I have never watched the series, but this game is actually very relaxing and fun.

UNTIL

you get the crap scared out of you from one of those damn zombies.  Took me by surprise a couple of times.

Overall, it is not a bad game for 25 USD.  Plus, they will release new episodes which automatically gets downloaded to your computer through Steam

The Walking Dead

Anyone else playing this little jewel?  Thoughts?

I never understood why game companies make games based off of movies/tv shows. 0 inovation involved which is something games do not need right now.

Don't get me wrong. I thought the show was/is very good. I also enjoyed Lord of the Rings, Fast and Furious, and many others. But I will never enjoy these games because when I play games I'm looking for something new.

It doesn't follow the TV Series. New characters, new story, different locations (Georgia still though). It only takes place in the same setting and that is about it. It's not as if you are playing a game that follows the TV show and allows for 0 innovation.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

Being a fan of the comics (not so much the TV series), I figured I'd play it even though I was kinda suspicious it will suffer the same fate that plagues every game that follows a succesful tv series/books etc.

Honestly it's a very well made game and keeps you on your toes. Hell I'd recommend it even if you don't know anything about the walking dead.

Characters are well made and their actions make sense and react well according to your actions. The story keeps a good pace and is very fluid, When I played the first 2 episodes I never realized I was playing for like 5-6 hours.

My only concern really is the replay value after you finish it once.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309
    Not a bad game, I've only purchased the first episode.  I'm kind of bummed that at least with the first episode you end up at the same location regardless of choices.  Maybe in some of the later episodes you choices will have more consiquences in where you end.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Venger
    Not a bad game, I've only purchased the first episode.  I'm kind of bummed that at least with the first episode you end up at the same location regardless of choices.  Maybe in some of the later episodes you choices will have more consiquences in where you end.

*SPOILERS*

The illusion of choice is there, but even in later episodes, your choices still end you in the same area with the same people, minus one or two.

I tried playing through all released episodes to get different people, change who died, etc.

In the end, always ended the same, with the option to keep one or two people to bring to the next episode(where they will die off on their own as the rest did.)

Illusion of choice, but no actual choice. Good for one play through though.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Toxia

*SPOILERS*

The illusion of choice is there, but even in later episodes, your choices still end you in the same area with the same people, minus one or two.

I tried playing through all released episodes to get different people, change who died, etc.

In the end, always ended the same, with the option to keep one or two people to bring to the next episode(where they will die off on their own as the rest did.)

The choices aren't illisionary they affect the other characters in the game,the way they percieve your character and in some cases who lives and dies.No they don't change the where you go and it was never advertised that they do but they do change the narrative between the characters and carry through allt he episodes.

Now how well they carry through I don't know as I've only palyed through the first episode after buying it  int he Steam Halloween sale for $14.99 but jsut reading through the marketing blurb I realsied that your choices affect inte character relationships not the gameplay itself.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Drakynn

*SPOILERS*

The choices aren't illisionary they affect the other characters in the game,the way they percieve your character and in some cases who lives and dies.No they don't change the where you go and it was never advertised that they do but they do change the narrative between the characters and carry through allt he episodes.

Now how well they carry through I don't know as I've only palyed through the first episode after buying it  int he Steam Halloween sale for $14.99 but jsut reading through the marketing blurb I realsied that your choices affect inte character relationships not the gameplay itself.

They ARE illusionary. I've played ALL the episodes MULTIPLE times, you will have kenny and lee, and the option to bring 3 others with you you havent met yet.

It doesnt matter if they like you or not in the grand scheme.

After episode 4 it even shows you all the possible outcomes, and the percentage of players that ended up in each.

The only difference is the 3 optional characters. Sorry.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Drakynn

*SPOILERS*

They ARE illusionary. I've played ALL the episodes MULTIPLE times, you will have kenny and lee, and the option to bring 3 others with you you havent met yet.

It doesnt matter if they like you or not in the grand scheme.

After episode 4 it even shows you all the possible outcomes, and the percentage of players that ended up in each.

The only difference is the 3 optional characters. Sorry.

So your saying your chocies dont' effect how the other cahracters percieve you or how they speak and react to you?They don't remember your choices and refer back to them when appropriate?

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Great game!  Felt innovative as I played through it even though I know it isn't. :)