Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Dota2 have capture the point like in LoL?

Title ^

Can't decide between playing Dota 2 or LoL, having to destroy an enemy base does get boring so what I'm wondering is, does dota2 have different game modes like LoL?

Comments

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

If you mean dominion then no, DOTA2 is pretty much a 1 to 1 clone of DotaAllstars.

• sekuharadaioosekuharadaioo Member Posts: 22
    Why don't you just play both? 

Games currently playing:
    ------------------------
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    World of Warcraft
    Light of Nova
    League of Legends

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by sekuharadaioo Why don't you just play both? 

Cuz most people don't have time to play both?
    And they are so different that you really cant afford to screw with them both unless you only play a few drunk custom games a month with your friends.  

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I tried a lot of DOTA2 during beta...

Personally i prefer LoL, but then i am kind of a casual player.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Since when are DOTA and LOL MMORPGs?
    LFG!
  • oftenoften Member Posts: 7

The only map-mode Dota2 has is 5v5.  Summoner's Rift.  

One thing LoL has going for it is the different mapmodes (I'm a fan of 3v3, and I know it's getting an overhaul soon).  I think DotA2 is a better game, with better mechanics, and rewards better play more frequently... but that being said, LoL is probably the game I play more often, only because it's a bit more friendly if I just want to pop in and play carefree (the bots in LoL are also easier than the bots in DotA2).

I just wish you could get all the champs for free in LoL, like they give you the heroes in DotA2.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by DOGMA1138

Originally posted by sekuharadaioo Why don't you just play both? 

Cuz most people don't have time to play both?
    And they are so different that you really cant afford to screw with them both unless you only play a few drunk custom games a month with your friends.  

But most people have time to TRY both.