Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

Comments

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I played D3 for about week and half with a friend. Beat Diablo and quit. Gameplay  got repetitive fast. Wish the game had more longevity for me.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Still playing. I really like the new patch. Before it was frustrating to play now it feels a lot more like duablo 2. Farming for xp and legendaries. Doing group heart of sin runs similar to baal runs. Also leveling up a new toon.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Actually I don't play close to 3-6 hours a week, more about once per 2 weeks (that might even up to 3 hrs per week on a good day), so I actually picked no. Why? Because playing it like that is the same for me as someone asking if I play TF2: on occasion.

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Hell no, the game is just so boring.  A friend and I duo'ed and beat Diablo on Inferno like a week before they nerfed the inferno content.  It felt good to beat it but I never touched the game again until the legendary/paragon patch and it still sucks bad.  ULTRA repetitive gameplay is so boring it hurts.  And I don't know how they did it but Blizzard has created a bigger Pay 2 Win game with the RMAH and being able to buy gold for real money than Perfect World games. (Which is pretty freaking hard to do).

This game is a plauge to modern gaming.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Was playing it a bit but had to wipe my hard drive. Will be installing it again either tonight or early this week.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Been playing again, either farming Act 2 Inferno by myself or Act 3 with others.  Maybe put 6-10 hours in each week, depending on if I feel like playing or not.  Kind of just waiting to see what 1.05 and beyond brings.

• Originally posted by LachyFTW

Hell no, I'm done with this game for good and won't even bother checking it out when PVP comes out.

Bwaha!

So many things about it pissed me off just before release so i didnt buy it...

Until now i didnt even know there wasnt any pvp, im so glad i didnt waste my money on it

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Yeah on and off. 

Currently leveling my second class a Demon Hunter (Level 57 atm).

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm getting closer to returning just to gain paragon levels.  I quit after about a month but I'm getting bored of GW2 at the moment.  I may cave and buy TL2 instead, but TL1 was literally a one week game for me and knowing you can edit TL2 characters to have any item you want is a big turnoff.  They really shouldn't release the game without dedicated servers for closed bnet-like online play.  (Classic BNET, not online only limitations).
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I'm getting closer to returning just to gain paragon levels.  I quit after about a month but I'm getting bored of GW2 at the moment.  I may cave and buy TL2 instead, but TL1 was literally a one week game for me and knowing you can edit TL2 characters to have any item you want is a big turnoff.  They really shouldn't release the game without dedicated servers for closed bnet-like online play.  (Classic BNET, not online only limitations).

I heard 1.05 will have additional stuff to do ..like upping monster difficulties for better loot.

What is your paragon level? I only get to 19 so far.

Oh, don't forget Borderlands 2 .. that would be a good game and probably take me away from D3.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

I am no longer playing d3 (actually I ran across this thread cause in my history links I thought this was the gw2 forums lol, but then saw this thread and thought I'd reply).

The fact I put so much time into d3 without one valuable item to show for it really made me quit. the itemization is so horrible and the playerbase is horrible too. people say you are bad if you don't get that lucky 100m - 1billion item drop.

seriously?

• XodenXoden Member Posts: 10

Yep, agree, too much luck based stuff going on in Diablo 3. I also decided to invest my time in a game with less random number generation mechanics.

I am interested to see what Red 5 are doing with Firefall when the game is getting more competitive and balanced.

www.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    maxed out a few toons then stopped...
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    It's a fun hack and slash, played it casually from the start. There are so many options these days and so little time for any of them, but this one stays installed on my comp so I can hop in with a buddy everyone once in awhile.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    I recently ( last week) started playing again.  It coincided with my marked decline in playing GW2.  Maybe I just need a B2P game in my life?
  • FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    I recently ( last week) started playing again.  It coincided with my marked decline in playing GW2.  Maybe I just need a B2P game in my life?

Same here :O Next to RIFT I picked up D3 once more

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I briefly tried the paragon system but it wasn't enough.  I guess I'm not quite ready to return.  I quit with a Barb and a DH in A2 inferno.  I kept getting one shot on the boss of A2 and wasn't interested in farming A1 for weeks.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No didn't like being forced to play noob mode first

Got bored with constant trips to the bank

Got fed up with the reliance on the auction house

Torchlight 2 came out, they remembered fun was more important than getting players to use the auction house and you didn't have to wade through noob mode
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Stopped playing D3 cause GW2 came out.

Stopped playing GW2 cause MoP came out and hadn't played WoW in years so I decided to give it a try.

Last week I only had short gaming sessions, so I picked up Torchlight 1 on a whim to give the series a try.  It ain't bad, but playing it makes me want to try D3 again, so I'm downloading the 1.05 patch right now.

It's all a cruel, vicious cycle....

• AlisanosAlisanos Member Posts: 4

I stopped playing about 3 months ago - was totally bored with the game.

I might try it again now that the new patch is released, tried when 1.04 came out but that only kept me interested for a few days.

I have come to the conclusion that the game is very boring. I went back in time and installed 'Unreal' Original with the patch 227 (2011),  the graphics are updated to work well with windows 7.

Found Unreal to be far superior to Diablo 3 in many aspects, the 4 play settings make it very hard if you want it to be.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

no , never bought it.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    1.05 is a good patch ... just starting to play more because of it.
  • OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Not playing at the moment but I still read posts about D3.
  • huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    thank you for reminding me that this game exists. I might have to dust it off tomorrow. It's been hard with so many GOOD games in the last 3 months that it has been neglected.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I know Xfire is meaningless.. and I know it can't be used to measure or prove anything reliably. I know these things.. but I can't help but wonder how D3's continuing massive playtime on Xfire, six months after release, meshes up with the accepted dogma that everyone hated D3 and nobody plays it?