Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A.Net is getting the best at...

cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

... deleting any threads with no particular reasons :<

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I've been warned three time and banned for discussing bots, hackers, exploits in WvW and the culling issues.

They like to play coverup and delete any posts or threads that have negativity under things like "trolling" or "off-topic".

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/IoJ-SBI-JQ-10-19/page/5

209 posts with 13,000 views...if the posts were all left alone would probably be 400, but the Anet forum supervisors delete everything and then ban people, so nobody can post anything but score updates really.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Yep, I don't go to their forums at all anymore.  They say they do it to promote a positive friendly environment, but I dunno, having so many of my posts locked and deleted felt awfully negative and hostile, to me...

Have to say, I don't understand that pic you're posting though.  What's with "The Truth" schtick?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128

Isn't that kinda Anets style? Make up the rules as things go along?

"You shouldn't be doing that in the game, banned" week later "fixed the issue be we felt you exploited the game so the ban was completely justified".

Aww yeah, someone is doing it already, right after the mod posted no more off-topic discussions in the Sbi/jq/ioj thread someone did, I would but im currently BANNED for talking about orb exploitation in WvW.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    There is more to this story than meets the eye. Please don't come here and whine about forum where you are not following the rules and then you get a thread closed.

• cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

Originally posted by Vhaln Yep, I don't go to their forums at all anymore. They say they do it to promote a positive friendly environment, but I dunno, having so many of my posts locked and deleted felt awfully negative and hostile, to me... Have to say, I don't understand that pic you're posting though. What's with "The Truth" schtick?

it was the search term, from the search box up on the right, that's the forum auto-formatting highlighting the search term.

Originally posted by botrytis There is more to this story than meets the eye. Please don't come here and whine about forum where you are not following the rules and then you get a thread closed.
    ... Or ???

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I've been warned three time and banned for discussing bots, hackers, exploits in WvW and the culling issues.

So you got warned three times not to repost a specific thread, yet you did it again, and you complain?

You can't be serious here.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

So you got warned three times not to repost a specific thread, yet you did it again, and you complain?

You can't be serious here.

No they were all about different things actually, and upon my forum "ban" I have not even received a PM as to why I was banned.

I used to think this site had strict moderation but then I delved into GW2s site, the best forum still is TERAs, you can call the mods fat stinking hookers and they wouldn't ban you, they do lock threads and edit out excessively insulting things from posts though. But I have yet to get a warning, post deleted or banned on TERAs forums.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

FNR (For No Reason) bans.  Some of the most popular emails passed around between CE staff.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by botrytis
    There is more to this story than meets the eye. Please don't come here and whine about forum where you are not following the rules and then you get a thread closed.

Because no company ever banned someone out of self interest? Right....

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by dreamer05

nah...because botrytis sees no wrong in his savior.....

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

Because no forum user has ever left out important information (or even flat out lied) in order to pretend like they are a poor victim of unreasonable and unwaranted censorship when complaining about forum moderation? Right...

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by TGSOL

Because no forum user has ever left out important information (or even flat out lied) in order to pretend like they are a poor victim of unreasonable and unwaranted censorship when complaining about forum moderation? Right...

each instance will be different...with this instance, there are other's in the post stating that they too have issues with it...so you might want to start thinking that ANET isn't always right at that time. 

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Icewhite

FNR (For No Reason) bans.  Some of the most popular emails passed around between CE staff.

Considering what what they have to deal with all day long, those poor guys also deserve a good laugh sometimes... courtesy of the "wrongfully banned" crowd ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Ahh... now I realize why this forum is so full of trolls and whiners - ANet has banished them from their own forums!
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Naevius
    Ahh... now I realize why this forum is so full of trolls and whiners - ANet has banished them from their own forums!

+5 so very very true

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

This is what happens when a B2P game gets released, they no longer "owe you" anything as you do not pay them monthly sub, so make stuff up as they go, how they go.

You're no longer entitled to anything beyond the basic game you bought with 60$. They can do just as they please and you have no say in it as they're no longer obligated to deliver you any services (beyond the servers to play the game)

That's why i like subscription based games the most, the devs have "obligations" to deliver stuff, if they don't, we the subscribers vote with our money.

This was my first AND last ANET game.

No, im not a hater of the game, it's fine, but the attitude towards the end-customers is below standards i've come accustomed to, so i'll steer clear of their next endeavous.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by Naevius

There are still more whiners there, by far.

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

That thread was deleted because there are dozens exactly like it, but their moderation is outsourced, and it's obvious. Just take a look at this mod's amazing English skills: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Bizarre-Name-Restriction/first#post493033.

Hello everyone,it’s quite interesting how you wonder why words/shorts aren’t edited by the filter while others are. Does that mean you want those words to be filtered, too? Feel free to suggest some, then.Greetings

The thread was asking (quite clearly) why the name "Frostbite" was blocked.

Arbitrary locks and bans (without reasons given) are the result of their staff's inability to comprehend what they're attempting to moderate.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

To be fair, ANet isn't anywhere near the first company to purposely 'silence' their forums of stuff that appears negative. Its done on a lot of games, not every company is as willing as Trion in letting 'negative' threads wander around and would much more willingly cover up problems as much as possible on their own forums. 

Sadly, they have full right on their forums to do so as do other games and its not really unexpected. The easiest way to 'fix' a problem is to pretend it doesn't exist and let others who don't know about it have little way to see just that.

Don't worry, even our governments do it, its the in thing. :)

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Bottom Line is this.

1. All you have to do is go to google and search for hacks for any MMORPG, and know the basic concept of how they work.

2. By using hacks you risk being banned, keylogged, malicous virus etc.

3. Arena Net is likely removing threads to cover up how bad their game is doing from the search engines.

4. I really quit GW2 alraedy it just feels not fun compared to Guild Wars 1, I am waiting for DFUW.

5. Whoever made  the Leather armors needs to be FIRED from GW2 Artwork seriously sucks (Opinion) but good lord i played a leather wearer as a Norn and they all look the same.

6. Not enough costumes make pirate costume and such wearable in combat add skills while in town or a toggle for them.

7. Add a function instead of using tramsute stones just to place armor into a slot like rift it changes appearance.

8. If they are removing posts they are no better than minea on the Tera forums fail community managers covering up how bad their game is doing.

Unless a forum contains foul langauge or breaks rules other than opinions they should not remove it because they should know the posts will go to other big MMO sites and just make their company look worse.

These are the reasons I quit besides bots/hackers they either fix it or they dont.

/end rant.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I can't tell about other posts but it seems the half image you posted here, indicates that your post had turned to a blaming and flaming tournament so it had to be closed.

That's also the main problem with many forums, many people have to flame or troll around 24/7, making many threads that were supposed to be constructive, turn into a flamewar which leads to closure.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Raekon

I can't tell about other posts but it seems the half image you posted here, indicates that your post had turned to a blaming and flaming tournament so it had to be closed.

That's also the main problem with many forums, many people have to flame or troll around 24/7, making many threads that were supposed to be constructive, turn into a flamewar which leads to closure.

This ^.

Anet has come out the gate stating that they will be moderating their own forums very strictly and to their own rules. This shouldn't be a shocker to anyone at this point. They don't host their own forums to provide a place for people to whine & complain about their game.

The primary purpose of their forums are to resolve technical issues, report bugs, issue updated statements to the community, and provide a place for friendly discussion / feedback on the game. Things a lot of people (especially on these forums) can't seem to handle very well.

They've made it quite clear that their forums are not a fansite. There's a huge difference between the two. However, there's quite a number of forums you can go to to complain about the game if that's your thing (and it looks like the OP is already aware of one of them).

• Zipp_23Zipp_23 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Fusion

This is what happens when a B2P game gets released, they no longer "owe you" anything as you do not pay them monthly sub, so make stuff up as they go, how they go.

You're no longer entitled to anything beyond the basic game you bought with 60$. They can do just as they please and you have no say in it as they're no longer obligated to deliver you any services (beyond the servers to play the game)

That's why i like subscription based games the most, the devs have "obligations" to deliver stuff, if they don't, we the subscribers vote with our money.

This was my first AND last ANET game.

No, im not a hater of the game, it's fine, but the attitude towards the end-customers is below standards i've come accustomed to, so i'll steer clear of their next endeavous.

I believe that in certain conditions, they dont even have to provide server for you to be able to play the game. E.g. bunkrupt

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

good day to all, until last patch i was enjoying the game , but yesterday i got (as 1000's others) a DC issue, then i take a look on forums , at certain post i saw something as this from a ANET - staff employe :
    ...''

Hey guys as a temporary workaround if you have the mobile authenticator linked to your account I would recommend un-linking it for the time being until this gets worked out.

''....
    Then i and many others post there and told its not acceptable to switch off authenticator,

Its very bad a person from ANET comes to their forums and talked about a fix by removing the only secure feature that we have in the game , well i stop to play for a day until they really fixed it