Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I think I'm done

124»

Comments

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

With all due respect to all parts and opinions, the "you can always come back whenever you want since there is no sub" does not speak any good of the game. You can say the same of Tetris, Pacman or Pong. Quoting someone else from another forum:

snip

What matters to people is if the game is fun for them. If it isn't, they don't care whether they'll have to pay sub or not, because they didn't like it. Chances are that the next time they'll bother to try the game they will have to pay for it, because it'll be when next expansion is released. Because GW2 will get more cash from you when they release expansions.

Do not use the "you don't have to pay for it if you want to return in future" as if it was any incredibly possitive feature of the game. snip

Unfortunately you are wrong on this point. What pushes you farther into the negative is when you underlined "will" as if it were fact. Thing that you're missing is they don't have to pay anything to come back. Even if they come back on the cusp of a new expansion or sizeable content update they still don't have to pay a dime.

Guild Wars 2's launcher isn't going to deny them entry to the game because they haven't shelled out 15 bucks to reactivate their account. On the same not they don't have to buy the expansion to get back in either. Most people who come back to a game for an expansion do it one of 2 ways(and several other less popular ways): Either a few weeks to a month before its release to get back into the groove of the game, see the changes made while they were gone, and get geared up(not in GW2's case) and earn some money for the new ex-pack. The other way is on the day it releases in which case they probably would pay for the expansion.

The major overhead here is that the expansion doesn't have to be purchased to come back. You don't have to purchase any gems, or have logged in within the last 6 months, or any other silly account gimmicks. You can simply come and go as you please. Whether or not you buy that expansion is totally up to you. No one is holding the MMO Market gun to your head and saying "If you wanna play me you better buy my expansion, fool!"

The second point you're wrong on is that arenanet get's more money from an expansion. Honestly even without pulling numbers you can look at both the Gems shop and GW1's ingame shop do some calculations and see how the sales of digital ingame merchandise over the course of a development cycle [for an expansion] outweigh the earnings from box sales of an expansion. You may disagree because perhaps you personally don't buy from cash shops(I don't know you well enough  to say one way or the other), but you cannot deny that the shop is used frequently and that it's visitors generally purchase quite a bit over time. From my experience most people who use cash shops tend to keep using them even if it hurts them.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Well I have to admit the initial spell of GW2 was pretty strong. More so than any MMO I have ever played. Alas... I logged in today after not playing for a couple weeks. I admit to being lured away by Torchlight 2, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and the recent Skyrim patch/DLC. Yes I know they are not mmos. Anyway so I logged in and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am done. Not much else to say. Got a Necro up to level 45 with articifer up to 225 but I just don't have it in me to take it any further. With 16% world completion there is absolutely no way I will ever find the motivation to continue. I remember swearing off themeparks after SWTOR. Well I'm going to try and swear them off again. We'll see. Anyway, back to the trusty single player/coop PC games. 

Pardon me sir.....

may i have your stuff?

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    interesting that we have a person swearing off themeparks because there is too much to do.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by evolver1972
    Originally posted by Pumuckl71

@evolver ; being bored of a games content is no idication of bashing, flip flop it like you want.

however i do understand you being tired of hearing  constant negatives  bout a title you enjoy.

But nitpicking words and putting them into an personal viewpoint ... is cheesy and cheap. 

Suck it it down

Being bored of a game and stopping play isn't bashing it, I totally agree with that.

Starting a completely new topic in a subforum when there is already a place in that subforum to post your opinion is.  There is no other reason, really, to make it into a new topic other than to make sure as many people as possible see that you think the game is boring.  Apparently the reviews area of the subforum doesn't get enough exposure.

By that rationale you also believe that any post describing a positive experience in GW2 should also be limited to being posted inthe reviews area of the sub forum and not the general discussion area?

Driz

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Betakodo
    Originally posted by romanator0
    Originally posted by nsignific
    My sub games wait for me as well.

Only if you're willing to cough up more money. Something you don't have to do if you decide to take a break from GW2.

What if there's an expansion for GW2. Really, sub games are so rare now that instead of advertising for Anet that they're the saints of no sub, you should be talking about how the game costs $60 and has a cash shop. I actually miss sub games because we didn't have this cash shop crap back then and no buy to win. Well actually, to be honest I like that the F2P games are free and the good ones are good until they force you into buying crap.

is that so? can't think of any other AAA MMOs that were B2P at launch. A lot of F2P converts have horrible freemium models right now as well.  also what in GW2 CS is P2W? figured this was already beaten to death as obviously false by now. Not to mention you can easily get anything in the CS without spending a dime

I believe that your so guided towards protecting GW2 honor that your not understanding the posts you read. Or your twisting post around to sound the way you want them to. By the way the cash shop in GW2 is pretty horrible also.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by travamars

Only if you're willing to cough up more money. Something you don't have to do if you decide to take a break from GW2.

What if there's an expansion for GW2. Really, sub games are so rare now that instead of advertising for Anet that they're the saints of no sub, you should be talking about how the game costs $60 and has a cash shop. I actually miss sub games because we didn't have this cash shop crap back then and no buy to win. Well actually, to be honest I like that the F2P games are free and the good ones are good until they force you into buying crap.

is that so? can't think of any other AAA MMOs that were B2P at launch. A lot of F2P converts have horrible freemium models right now as well.  also what in GW2 CS is P2W? figured this was already beaten to death as obviously false by now. Not to mention you can easily get anything in the CS without spending a dime

I believe that your so guided towards protecting GW2 honor that your not understanding the posts you read. Or your twisting post around to sound the way you want them to. By the way the cash shop in GW2 is pretty horrible also.

Yeah not like those with a windmill to tilt and an axe to grind that relentlessly rage against a game they don't really like and aren't interested in.  I hope you see the irony in your post.

WEAK. Didnt even make sense with my post.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

Yeah not like those with a windmill to tilt and an axe to grind that relentlessly rage against a game they don't really like and aren't interested in.  I hope you see the irony in your post.

He's an opportunist. What did you expect? 

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    interesting that we have a person swearing off themeparks because there is too much to do.

I would agree there is a lot to do. That said, it never really feels much different. What you do at level 2 pretty much feels the same as what you do at level 42 and 52. The game never really feels like it changes.

Now, I know the same could be said for all games, but there were all these things and places to look forward to in previous games. That just feels absent to me in GW2. 

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Well I have to admit the initial spell of GW2 was pretty strong. More so than any MMO I have ever played. Alas... I logged in today after not playing for a couple weeks. I admit to being lured away by Torchlight 2, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and the recent Skyrim patch/DLC. Yes I know they are not mmos. Anyway so I logged in and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am done. Not much else to say. Got a Necro up to level 45 with articifer up to 225 but I just don't have it in me to take it any further. With 16% world completion there is absolutely no way I will ever find the motivation to continue. I remember swearing off themeparks after SWTOR. Well I'm going to try and swear them off again. We'll see. Anyway, back to the trusty single player/coop PC games. 
    Engineer has rekindled my interests a bit for now.

If you are like me, Engineer will get old too. I just can't get into any of the classes. I cannot pinpoint what the problem is, but GW2 can't hold my attention. Like someone else said, I think I am just having sandbox withdrawal. I used to be able to jump in SWG and lose myself in the gameplay. I haven't experienced that feeling in a long time now.

Is GW2 a bad game? absolutely not. Out of the thempark mmo's, I would venture to say it leads among them all.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by itgrowls

Odd. Altho I can understand your disappointment with SWTOR, can't imagine why you feel that way about GW2. It's certainly not due to a lack of content, gotta level 77 and 48% complete. It's not due to a poor design, they've provided great solutions for every major issue a pve mmorpgamer like me has ever had in other games. Altho i can understand the allure of BL2, saying it's a single games fault for your dislike of themeparks after you spent your own money on something you even admit that you don't like, is just odd. :)

It's the OP's opinion. You are simply stating your opinion of the game. Basically you're saying you don't understand why he doesn't like what you like... Lol. I'm kinda feeling the same as the OP. I don't find it to be a bad game, however, I'm not finding that I have a strong desire to log on either. I play this and wow, and honestly I find myself logging onto wow more. I really am not enjoying the hearts and de's in guild wars 2. While not really "bad", they're incredibly repetitive and boring lately. Kinda misse meeting an npc and doing a chain quest lol.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by f0dell54

He's an opportunist. What did you expect? 

I lol'd (not eyelolled :p).  I guess I just see the perspective differently from him.  If he doesn't get it, oh well.

I was just joking by the way. I really had nothing to follow that up with :P

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I logged in, after the update download, and didn't feel like figuring out how the halloween event works and logged out.  It's a nice world.  It may just be the other distractions in life, but GW2 doesn't have teh pull for me.  I'm sure if I bought MoP I could have fun getting to the cap and running dungeons.  Dungeons in GW2 just turned me off completely.  Hopefully I'll find the game fun again in the future.
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    I logged in, after the update download, and didn't feel like figuring out how the halloween event works and logged out.  It's a nice world.  It may just be the other distractions in life, but GW2 doesn't have teh pull for me.  I'm sure if I bought MoP I could have fun getting to the cap and running dungeons.  Dungeons in GW2 just turned me off completely.  Hopefully I'll find the game fun again in the future.

I've given up on MMO's for awhile. I actually haven't played one seriously since the first 3 months of Rift. I'll wait for the next round of releases and see if anything holds me. I think I am just burnt of Themepark's. WoW and Rift do them the best but I have no desire to play either one ever again. GW2 to me is a single player game with co-op features. It's not a bad game, but if I want that sort of thing, there's plenty of other console games that do it a lot better.