Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Structured PvP October Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 blog has been updated with a new post to give PvPers a look at what the team has been doing throughout the month of October. This month, players can find out more about Qualifying Points, the new UI, the new tournament browser, quick launch button update and more.

Qualifying points (QPs) are gained in paid tournaments – each person on a winning team in an 8-team paid tournament gets 1 qualifying point.  QPs lead to rankings for larger tournaments, and allow you to measure yourself against other players.

Read the full post on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Looks great! Love the new PvP UI.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Kool, I wanted more stats but its good for a start.

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627
    With the stakes in tournaments I can see things escalating to "50 DKP Minus" eventually :-)
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Now if they could just fix WvW....

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121
    All these PvP features and they still haven't unlocked dueling... I just wanna test out my builds against my friends!
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    I'm a little unclear what paid tournements are . Do you have to pay for them with real life cash or exchange gems to take part ?
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by MannyMana
    All these PvP features and they still haven't unlocked dueling

As long as they give people the option of blocking requests.

Originally posted by MannyMana
    All these PvP features and they still haven't unlocked dueling... I just wanna test out my builds against my friends!

It will come soon with the custom arenas.

Originally posted by roo67
    I'm a little unclear what paid tournements are . Do you have to pay for them with real life cash or exchange gems to take part ?

You have to use a tournament ticket. To get those I quote: "which you can purchase in the gem store, find in reward chests from free tournaments, and receive when you rank up!"