Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SADPANDA.. WARNING!!

dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77
wait to open your chests.. its true you can get the skins now but many just like me opened tons to get nothing (i opened 456) wait till they increase the drop rate or its just a waste of gold > gems > keys.

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

AKA let me sell my skins at outrageous prices before the market saturates and the value depreciates :)

400 hundred keys huh? image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I've opened 42, you'd think that many I'd at least gotten one. I think it's a money grab. So not worth spending gold for gems or your money for gems if thats the way you go.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I've opened 42, you'd think that many I'd at least gotten one. I think it's a money grab. So not worth spending gold for gems or your money for gems if thats the way you go.

It is a very simple strategy. Make people spend a lot of money on buying keys. make skins very very rare. So that lucky ones can sell those on outrageous prices on TP which will further encourage people to spend more on gems to convert them into gold to buy these items.

In both situations Anet wins. This is business after all, and they gonna make lots money. never understimate amounts player would pay for vanity items.

They could have easily made these items available through events or other halloween activities but they decided not to. No profit in that.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Why would you want to pay so much money for so little in return? I don't get it. I usually buy gems with ingame gold and can already buy another character slot.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by dorksmetal
    wait to open your chests.. its true you can get the skins now but many just like me opened tons to get nothing (i opened 456) wait till they increase the drop rate or its just a waste of gold > gems > keys.

do u know what cash shops are for? 

$medley must be dreaming now on how he will implant something similar in EQN and roll in cash.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

It is a very simple strategy. Make people spend a lot of money on buying keys. make skins very very rare. So that lucky ones can sell those on outrageous prices on TP which will further encourage people to spend more on gems to convert them into gold to buy these items.

In both situations Anet wins. This is business after all, and they gonna make lots money. never understimate amounts player would pay for vanity items.

They could have easily made these items available through events or other halloween activities but they decided not to. No profit in that.

I think it's pretty upsetting Anet is taking this road, they should be available in game through some work as well as available in the cash shop, but Anet just went the straight up greed way...they even give 4 hour "trial" versions to tempt you even more into trying to get them.

TERA put the items in the cash shop before the event started, then has an event that makes the items pretty easy to get in-game...personally I think that's the non-greedy way of going about making a lot of money. I saw like 30% of people with a cash-shop item from halloween even though the event was going to start in just a few days(first day of event everyone who signs in gets one of three halloween masks for free), there's also like 4 pages of the halloween stuff being sold by players on the AH for very reasonable amounts of gold.

I think that's the best way to make a lot of money and still please those people in game who want to get the item through an activity.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

I wonder how they were able to implement real money gambling like this in a rated T for teen game ?

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    This is the reason I don'y play many games with cash shops and why many Dev have moved to a F2P/P2W model.  It is far more profitable to lure someone in at $1 a day than it is at $15 a month.
  • NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

I wonder how they were able to implement real money gambling like this in a rated T for teen game ?

There's no gambling in any legal sense. You can't win money, so it is simply a form of randomized purchasing.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I think it's pretty upsetting Anet is taking this road, they should be available in game through some work as well as available in the cash shop, but Anet just went the straight up greed way...they even give 4 hour "trial" versions to tempt you even more into trying to get them.

TERA put the items in the cash shop before the event started, then has an event that makes the items pretty easy to get in-game...personally I think that's the non-greedy way of going about making a lot of money. I saw like 30% of people with a cash-shop item from halloween even though the event was going to start in just a few days(first day of event everyone who signs in gets one of three halloween masks for free), there's also like 4 pages of the halloween stuff being sold by players on the AH for very reasonable amounts of gold.

I think that's the best way to make a lot of money and still please those people in game who want to get the item through an activity.

Tera has a sub fee too.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Can't wait for the Christmas event! image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

AFAIK you can also craft them.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

AFAIK you can also craft them.

Can't craft the ones that come out the chests.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

truthfully this game will get  banned  in countries that dont allow gambling within games

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by lotaparty

truthfully this game will get  banned  in countries that dont allow gambling within games

Do you know of any?  The USA has banned online poker sites.  Maybe they will ban this game as well.   sic.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Just wait until you can craft the Mad King's Chests on the mystic forge. The drops were known to be rare, and your chance of getting one is based upon that chest as it is opened, and certainly not cumulative. I hoped 23 myself and got the bull's head shoulder skin, which seems a bit more common than the weapon skins and I'm fine with that. I'll take all the mystery tonics and boosts I got from those 23 and craft a whole bunch of Mad King's Chests once that is available. :)

For those that don't know, once they patch it into the game, you can make Mad King's Chests which will supposedly have higher chance of dropping the rare skins by combining;

1 Candy Corn + 6 Mystery Tonics + 1 Booster + 1 Booster.

Since most of these mats are from opening Mystic Chests, even folks who opened 200 should have a freaking tun of mystery tonics and boosters.