Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[poll] Which top feature to get yourself interested in the game again

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Jenuviel

I think everyone involved would've been better off if they'd just made the game the world's first singleplayer online roleplaying game, no co-op at all. Make it KOTOR with a subscription, have a single branching storyline and update that each month. Essentially, achieve the same thing selling KOTOR 3, 4, 5 and 6 would if you made them as console titles, but without the 1 or 2 year wait between releases. Just make it a steady stream of content that lets you follow an ever-expanding, branching storyline. Screw class balance, screw guild systems, focus entirely on that fourth pillar that was heralded in every single press briefing. As it is, we got 2% "Saving/Destroying the galaxy" storylines and 98% "Kill 10 Rattataki" quests.

Tbh, I wouldn't be opposed to this only if they had coop like NWN.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    The game would need a complete revamp..  SWTOR plays like a mouse maze skinner's box..  The planets were not wide open masses, the classes were OK 

I have to agree with this, unfortunately Bioware and EA are to high nose arrogant to admit their game design sucked and they need to take it offline for a year for a major revamp done by a new team, new director, new everything to save what needs to be saved.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

its pointless, its been 11 days since this thread started and only 185 votes.

other polls get 1k votes in less than a week

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by kb056
    I have no interest. Shut ToR down and give me back my Pre-CU SWG.

This.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I want to roam in a Star Wars themed universe not play through a bunch of prescripted story lines.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I want to roam in a Star Wars themed universe not play through a bunch of prescripted story lines.

Exactly what you , I and othes have been saying for awhile.. But Bioware is not listening.. oh well :(

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    they could start with not restricting the freemium version to an unplayable state ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Thane
    they could start with not restricting the freemium version to an unplayable state ^^

It's playable. You want to play more - pay.... last time I checked we are not living in freebie country... yet. And I hope we won't.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Thane

It's playable. You want to play more - pay.... last time I checked we are not living in freebie country... yet. And I hope we won't.

As soon as they add an expansion pack, people will pay again

• AirtaeeAirtaee Member UncommonPosts: 84
    SWG2 thats what i would try again.
  • PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

I voted other.

This has probably been said already (and has because this horse must be the most beaten in the history of a mankind).

I might return if they did a massive world, meaning ditching all phases or instances what they have created and put people into same world at the same time. There could be instances, like dungeons (flashpoints) and raids (operations), those are all good. And probably some class quest instances, those aren't bad either.

They could study games like LoTRO, Rift, GW2, WoW and even EVE to learn how to do a world that feels like a world.

Now that I've said it, I realize once again it's not doable anymore without total redo of the game so maybe I just wish they pull the plug before 1 year mark and let someone else get the SW IP to make a real MMO.

Originally posted by Pelaaja

I voted other.

This has probably been said already (and has because this horse must be the most beaten in the history of a mankind).

I might return if they did a massive world, meaning ditching all phases or instances what they have created and put people into same world at the same time. There could be instances, like dungeons (flashpoints) and raids (operations), those are all good. And probably some class quest instances, those aren't bad either.

They could study games like LoTRO, Rift, GW2, WoW and even EVE to learn how to do a world that feels like a world.

Now that I've said it, I realize once again it's not doable anymore without total redo of the game so maybe I just wish they pull the plug before 1 year mark and let someone else get the SW IP to make a real MMO.

then you should have rather voted for the planet revamp option, that is what the intention was.

"Other" doesn´t tell them much unfortunately. Could be anything

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Thats about it yeah

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• SmilingdeathSmilingdeath Member Posts: 7

If they make space more like JTLS from SWG. the current space rail shooter sucks.

Also, MORE CONTENT!!!

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Player Housing.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

This: massive free roam universe space combat/trading/PvP/PvP

If they do this, I'll actually play. Perhaps there is a slight chance since they got rid of a bunch of linear-mind set devs, e.g., Dan Erickson...   ugh.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Number 1 obviously, but the game was built in a series of seperate hallways, so adding something like this would be near impossible based on the game's design foundations.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by mmoDAD

This: massive free roam universe space combat/trading/PvP/PvP

If they do this, I'll actually play. Perhaps there is a slight chance since they got rid of a bunch of linear-mind set devs, e.g., Dan Erickson...   ugh.

Yeah I hope they put some people in charge who know how to make this fun

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

QFT

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

Why is there no option for just 

CONTINUING THE STORIES THEY PROMISED TO CONTINUE and stop making endless raids, warzones, dungeons and dailies that hardly anyone does anyway. 

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

My top-choice:   Freedom!!!    Obi Wan be praised, but this game desperately nneds, more than anything else, some freedom.    I swear, freedom was to SWTOR as camping in my backyard is to scaling Mt. Everest.    Completely unrelated in virtually all ways...   

I'd like to fly around in space.   I'd love larger, more open planets.

And I'd like more to do than the crappy stories.   I'd like to trade.   I'd like meaningful crafting.  Building things like spaceships, clothes, weapons, whatever...     Like Fallen Earth, Eve, SWG, and some other more sand-box type of MMOs.

They need to re-write a  lot of their stories.   They're space-magic not science fiction.     Sure, I love fantasy, but unlike fantasy where magic solves everything, science fiction requires an internally consistent and believable universe.   And while Star Wars has always been marginal in this regard, BioWare took it to lows I didn't believe possible.

After that, more skins.   Ability to have the skins you want on your clothing, like so many other games.   And get some sensible clothes in, I'd like something snazzy instead of looking like your character's outfit was designed by a Project Runway drop-out on a bad acid trip or some nun who thinks a plain black, ankle-length dress is too risque...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by william0532
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

A lot of their initial bad communication concerns were directly related to pretending the Alpha Hero Engine was in a launch ready state. The , "It's not us, it's your rigs." Garnered a lot of ill will. The subsequent silence on the dropping server populatons prior to the initial merge didn't help matters. Their descion to withhold content till FTP is sort of a dagger to many.

Perhaps commuication will improve following the FTP launch. Although I try to remain impartial, my inate skepticism based on their track record doesn't make me very hopeful.

I get that, but then again, alot of the issues, where fixable on rig side. Of course I realize people expect a certain ease of use, which bioware screwed up(judging the 3 page fixes, players posted to boost fps), and I'm not going to judge people for not knowing how to tweek settings on their side(I've ruined many a computer trying to figure out how to make toast with it), but bioware was lacking the expertise in the field to deal with those issues. In fact, some of their pc games had similiar issues.

It wasn't that.  It was the flat-out lying about the causes.    I play GW2 on the highest possible settings.    I've got an old, over-clocked ATI 5850 that's still Top-10 rated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86072414@N06/7883880110/in/photostream

That's the Vile Maw in a World Boss event with a good 30+ people.  There are tornadoes, special effects, and all kinds of things going on.  Far more than I ever encountered with Ilum.  42FPS.   That's the lowest FPS I've gotten.   Mostly I run in the 70's to 90's.   In an empty area that's more SWTOR like (caves, small areas) my FPS easily hits 120.  In SWTOR, in Ilum, it was a slide (10-to15 FPS) show even though in empty SWTOR areas my FPS hit 140+.

And yet they POINTED THE FINGER AT ME.   Called me a liar.  Said my machine was crap.   Part of the 'lousy 5%.'   The hell it was or is.  I'm still in the top 1% of all gaming computers according to most recent Steam Hardware Survey in everything but video which is Top 5%.   It had NOTHNG to do with ease of use.   It had everything to do with lying about a lousy engine.

Silence on dropping server populations. Again, thats like talking about a sensitive issue. They had to have been upset about dwindling numbers, embarrassed or hell scared for their jobs.

But they weren't silent.  They told us everyone was still playing, only at other times...   That's why things were empty.  They hadn't left...   They just didn't play when WE were playing...

So, please, let's not pretend they were silent on this issue.   They told us subs were holding and the issue was people, unique to SWTOR in all the MMOs I've played, mostly played when I didn't and all those empty worlds were just my tough luck...

Yeah the content thing, I would imagine isn't flying over to well(makeb?), than again I can see how they might want to push that out at f2p so as people will pay(since freemium only gets you what was in the game at 1.2), but if I was paying a sub, I would be pissed having to wait.

The way I see it, it's easy to communicate with your fans when everything is good, but say gw2 lost 2/3rds of their subs next month, they probably wouldn't talk about it as often as they do  now. Hell they have released several posts and communications about botting, but fans still scream they are ignoring the problem?. Biowares been getting heat since day one. Scratch that, before launch. Hell, I'm pretty sure as william0532, I've started or posted straight hate on that site when they revealed space as a rail.

Are you still playing?

GW2 doesn't have subs.     ANet doesn't go 'silent' on any issue.    They communicate on a regular basis.      Not every day and not to every crying special snowflake.   But they do communicate  -- twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Official Forums, Wiki...    And they don't lie to your face and insult you when they do it, unlike BioWare which has been that way for years...

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

Why is there no option for just 

CONTINUING THE STORIES THEY PROMISED TO CONTINUE and stop making endless raids, warzones, dungeons and dailies that hardly anyone does anyway. 

Maybe because they figured out that the gigantic cost for voiceacting and cutscenes doesn´t pay off in the long run.

I hope they concentrate more on new game mechanics than raids/warzones/dailies

Originally posted by Gaborik

GW2 doesn't have subs.     ANet doesn't go 'silent' on any issue.    They communicate on a regular basis.      Not every day and not to every crying special snowflake.   But they do communicate  -- twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Official Forums, Wiki...    And they don't lie to your face and insult you when they do it, unlike BioWare which has been that way for years...

[mod edit]

Anet´s methods and marketing appear to me like gigantic scam. BW can´t even get half as evil as Arenanet imho.

EA is a saint compared to NCsoft

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427
    I would LOVE BioWare to read this post, leave the game as it is, look at the 1st question an get back to the drawing board and create the most powerfull mmorpg ever seen in this universe! 
This discussion has been closed.