Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

idiot game makers!

zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

Shutting down twice a day is pathetic!

I don't care what the problem is, it is too much to do it more than once a day, especially with the size of the download to update close to 1gb today!

btw, the special events are a waste of time, a never ending swarm of monsters with very little exp is not worth the effort!

Comments

• fenowy30fenowy30 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    QQ more.. play saper, it has no updates..
  • SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Oh yeah, really! How dare they to make you restart the game TWICE a day followed by whole 2-3 mins of downloads at the most! They should really do it like Funcom and other companies that each time when there is a hiccup bring the server down for 4+ hours.

Really ANet. What are you thinking?!

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    at 150kbs (or less), the first shut down today took close to 2 hours to download the update!
  • Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

In the title I think the word 'makers' should be replaced with 'players'... (some of them at least).

Some people will literally complain about anything...   problem is when there really IS something worth complaining about, it will get lost amongst all the other whines like this one.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    ::sniffle::

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    Originally posted by zastroph
    at 150kbs (or less), the first shut down today took close to 2 hours to download the update!

this explains what made you impatient - but still for the rest of us it look like the wrong thing to complain about.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    I work for a tissue manufacturer. Whats your home address?
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Yikes. Two shutdowns? In one day? Clearly a sign of incompetency. How are they even still in business. I'm cancelling my sub.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    The download speed is really slow for me too, it jumps between 10kb/sec to 60kb/sec and it's not my connection because i was getting good speeds until now.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    The download speed is really slow for me too, it jumps between 10kb/sec to 60kb/sec and it's not my connection because i was getting good speeds until now.

Yeah, I don't know what it is. Mine downloaded in like 3 minutes. Looks like they are having serious issues.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Normally, a game is down a few hours for an update. Here you need to download it to play.

As I always get a good speed I can play more. In your case that is bad but good for me and bad for you is better than bad for both of us.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

They used to have issues with the login servers after such restarted, because obviously everybody that was online at the time was trying to get back on. It's obvious though that this is not the same issue that the OP is having.

Generally speaking, patching in GW2 seem faster than most mmorpgs companies. It could be a brand new architecture, or it could be the lack of certain preventive measures that could potentially show things down for others (like including time for the possibility of patch rollbacks).

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by zastroph

Shutting down twice a day is pathetic!

I don't care what the problem is, it is too much to do it more than once a day, especially with the size of the download to update close to 1gb today!

btw, the special events are a waste of time, a never ending swarm of monsters with very little exp is not worth the effort!

Just cancel your sub, bro... no wait...

This discussion has been closed.