Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Lion Chests + Event

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Drop rate is bad... Like really really bad.

I just opened 47 chest and ended up with typical trash. Not a single weapon skin to show for it. Lots of tonics, lots of tools, few salvage kits. some transmute stones... But nothing event related at all. 

v.v

Comments

• drkorodrkoro Member UncommonPosts: 5

The event kinda sux hard, 90% oriented to spend cash.

Plus I think your wasting cash on keys honestly. I was thinking about a ripoff event, and your post just confirmed that LOL.

I already spent over 100 bucks on gem, and dont feel spending anymore because they dont bring any decent stuff or content worth for it.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

They said that items would start dropping on the 23rd...

"The Black Lion Chest is getting a spooky upgrade for Halloween. Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!"

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Besides that, you can simplay buy the items with candy corn....... at least as far as I can tell.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by colddog04

They said that items would start dropping on the 23rd...

"The Black Lion Chest is getting a spooky upgrade for Halloween. Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!"

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

Besides that, you can simplay buy the items with candy corn....... at least as far as I can tell.

It is the 23rd (for most time zones) the event is live on the servers and some "few" people have gotten skins out of the bags.

Anet is currently in full damage control on their forums trying to merge 100 threads into a single topic.

I've seen one person that opened over 200 chests and GOT NOTHING.

I saw another open 27 with nothing.

Another with 44 and nothing.

Another with 81 and got 2 skins.

If I had to guess the drop rate feels like it is between 1%-3% from these chests. 

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

All the costumes you can buy with gems even suck, you can onlly see them out of combat. so wtf is the point? nobody is even in town in this game so nobody will see it.

I only was logging in for event and then to look cool with combat costumes, now i dont even want to play at all..

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by khameleon

All the costumes you can buy with gems even suck, you can onlly see them out of combat. so wtf is the point? nobody is even in town in this game so nobody will see it.

I only was logging in for event and then to look cool with combat costumes, now i dont even want to play at all..

Can't you transmute them over to your gear? I know with the weapons you can.

Originally posted by colddog04

Can't you transmute them over to your gear? I know with the weapons you can.

No you can not. 

I'm going to bed.. I went into this thinking Anet would be reasonable with the drop rates.. Since they are pushing the shop so hard in their advertisements and patch notes. However, it looks like it is exactly the opposite. Barely anything holiday related at all from the majority of chests opened.

I know it is a lotto.. but this is suppose to be little bonus perks. Little ways for us to give Anet some cash and get something fun out of it. 

I need to cool off a bit I think and that will be the last keys I ever buy from them. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

That isnt exactly true, Lions arch is usually full with people.

But still, RP clothing is only for people with special RP interests. That they sell it is fine, but they could at least have something for the necros to put over their armor as well.

Black lion chests are indeed pretty useless, I think it have dropped 5 times as many chests as keyts for me (and that includes the keys I have got from the personal story and from other chests. It is more or less just the BL salvage kit worth the bother.

Lets hope there are other ways to get the skin, or that they up the key drop rate during the event because I aint buying any keys for gems.

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    800gems = $10
    450gems = 5 keys

not worth it for the rarity of the event items per chest.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I dont know I have gotten sense 3 day head start till now over 100 keys through my 6 toons I play from drops map completion and from opening other chests. My main is a lvl 70 mesmer and he has 45 keys have not used but 2 of them and have 95 chests. As for the ratio on the chest skins as far as I know its the 23rd of oct so midnight tonight PST.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

Originally posted by Kenze
    800gems = $10 450gems = 5 keys not worth it for the rarity of the event items per chest.

You could trade gold for it, exchange rates are pretty rotten right now, 1 silver is 1.8 gems.

Still not really worth it in my opinion though, I cant believe that some people still say that those keys make the game pay2win.

Buying bankslots and character slots is fine, but keys is truly a waste of money.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Didn't they think people would talk about this? 

I wonder how many lil jimmys are going nuts "Just 10 more dollars PLEASE!!!" They should have given people the option to sub and avoid this kind of thing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by nolic1
    I dont know I have gotten sense 3 day head start till now over 100 keys through my 6 toons I play from drops map completion and from opening other chests. My main is a lvl 70 mesmer and he has 45 keys have not used but 2 of them and have 95 chests. As for the ratio on the chest skins as far as I know its the 23rd of oct so midnight tonight PST.

I think I have gotten about 25 in the same time, I think you are lucky... It might be 30 even, but still nowhere near 100 and I have been playing since the same day as you.

And some guildies claim that I am lucky who got that many keys... Keydrops are pretty random and they should at least up them a little more, they would still sell them but the chestpile wouldnt be so annoying.

Originally posted by bcbully

Didn't they think people would talk about this? 

I wonder how many lil jimmys are going nuts "Just 10 more dollars PLEASE!!!" They should have given people the option to sub and avoid this kind of thing.

Little Jimmy would also bug his family about a whole bunch of dollars for items in Wow which have a subscription...

At least the keys drop, if not enough. Flying my little ponies and crap doesnt.

Subscription doesnt neccesarily mean players will waste more money, usually it is the opposite.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    Well I spent 2800 gems on keys because of course all i had were chests.  Opend up about 40 and got no weapon skins.  I feel cheated to be honest.  Your better off trading in the gems for gold and buying the skins from someone else.  What a wasted and now I have a bad taste in my mouth.  I was so excited about the event and now I just feel horrible.  Oh well right? 
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I really used to like Anet as a company, but I am driven to hate them for their greed and misinformation they spew out.  This latest sharade with Black lion chests nips it in the bud for me, I didnt buy keys personally, but I realy feel for those that got ripped off.

I'm also getting a bit peeved off with the fanbois keep defending Anets actions and the way Anet are managing the game.  Bugs, Bots, DR's, lack of response and feed back to players is all adding up.

Man, I wonder what they are going to do for Christmas.

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514
    lol
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by bcbully

Man, I wonder what they are going to do for Christmas.

Well whatever it is, we better start our ramen diets now so we can save enough money to buy gems so we can then turn around and buy keys.

My favorite is shrimp, whats yours?

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Originally posted by Hokie

Well whatever it is, we better start our ramen diets now so we can save enough money to buy gems so we can then turn around and buy keys.

It is just skins you know, and you can actually farm keys, you have 2 months. I have gotten 30 keys in 2 months without bothering to farm them, and it seems I been a bit unlucky even.

Or farm gold instead and buy the keys, each key will cost you about 75 silver so you can easily get 2 keys a day without any specific farming tricks not including drops. Then you get a key in every second chest or so as well.

Besides, this is useless crap. Skins matter little or not at all (my HoM sword skin give my swords fire damage which matters a little, it is the only skin I have with some use).

But sure, if you must have them, enjoy your ramen. :)

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Loke666

It is just skins you know, and you can actually farm keys, you have 2 months. I have gotten 30 keys in 2 months without bothering to farm them, and it seems I been a bit unlucky even.

Or farm gold instead and buy the keys, each key will cost you about 75 silver so you can easily get 2 keys a day without any specific farming tricks not including drops. Then you get a key in every second chest or so as well.

Besides, this is useless crap. Skins matter little or not at all (my HoM sword skin give my swords fire damage which matters a little, it is the only skin I have with some use).

Loke I call BS on getting 30 keys drop, I have been playing the same length of time and with 2 lvl 80's and 3 other alts, I have never had a key drop, only as rewards from personal story or map completion.

There are also youngsters that have probably spent their pocket money (allowance) on buying keys  to open these chests and being young and emotional on things like this are pretty well upset and damn right they should be.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by biggarfoot
    Originally posted by Loke666

Loke I call BS on getting 30 keys drop, I have been playing the same length of time and with 2 lvl 80's and 3 other alts, I have never had a key drop, only as rewards from personal story or map completion.

There are also youngsters that have probably spent their pocket money (allowance) on buying keys  to open these chests and being young and emotional on things like this are pretty well upset and damn right they should be.

The keys do drop. You just seem to be very unlucky. They aren't common by any stretch but they are there. My highest is around 60 and I've had about 9 key drops and then I've had the ones from personal story rewards like you mentioned.

First official response.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/halloween/22-Chests-opened-nothing-unique/page/6#post508704

ReginaBuenaobra - North American Community Team Lead

You are not guaranteed to receive a rare item after opening a Black Lion Chest. You have a chance to get a unique/rare item. Some people are luckier than others. The Halloween skins are tradeable, so if you aren’t able to get them in a Black Lion Chest, you can obtain them on the Trading Post.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

i don't really mind them being rare tbh,

Just makes me want to have it even more :p

do we have any pictues off these skins btw ?