Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting for the halloween patch to download.

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I'm excited to see this new content. It's too bad that GW2 is B2P and won't be delivering content on any sort of regular basis like sub-games with their monthly updates to justify the subscription.  Guess we should be glad we get this update even at all.  Maybe Anet will spread the improvements and updates around a bit so that it seems like we're getting regular updates. Maybe this time we'll only get 80 or so improvements.  

Not sure why I bought in to a B2P game. Guess I drank the koolaid.

EDIT: I am apparantly the worst person for expressing sarcasm, so just to note I am very happy with seeing a reasonable update coming with this event. I'm not hating on B2P.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• dorksmetaldorksmetal Member Posts: 77
    i agree with you, but the amount of people who buy gems is actually allot bigger then you would think, they probably made $50 per person, thats like an extra box sell. if tey keep competing with the gold sellers they will make much more money. i can see them pushing out regular updates. 

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

That's kind of a blind assumption.  I didn't play GW1 but I think that was patched and updated regularly.  You assume your money in a sub game goes to updates and patches. 

Games that don't have a sub fee do that just as often, they aren't mmo's but they do it.  There's no reason to assume you wouldn't be getting updates and patches.   Your sub fee goes into the pockets of executives.  That's all. 

• lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

should be cool

but i cant believe they are seperating another skill between pve and pvp

list will grow bigger

lot of people seem ok with it or dont even notice

not sure

dont get me wrong ive played the first guildwars so i know how it works

just not a huge fan of having skills done like that.

• aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133

It's necessary.

Classes that are great in PvP are subpar in PvE. If they were to nerf those classes for PvP, their PvE would suffer even more. So instead of balancing one side and ruining the other, better to nip it in the bud and have the two be separate. This way, both sides can be balanced easier.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Yeah, that was a pretty poor attempt at sarcasm. :P I think they're doing just fine with updates. Actually, aren't they throwing a fairly good sized update in November as well? Having a solid update and seasonal events every month or two seems on par with other top devs - subscription or otherwise.

Anyway, I'm also downloading the Halloween thing right now. :)

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Weird thing about this update I dont think I like, is before I had my speakers and PC volume at around 25% and it was pretty loud.  Game volume was maxed. 

Now, I have to turn the volume on my PC all the way up to hear the game decently at the previous volume.  What was loud at 25% PC volume is now heard at 100% PC volume.  I don't know why this is.  Kind of stinks though.  Nothing I can't deal with though I guess. 

yea but then they need to make sure you can tell the difference and make much more apparent

and no updates have been pretty good dont get me wrong just was suprised to find another skill be split

whats funny the skill is changed to be worse when it wasnt even that great to begin with. but i guess they seen it as to beefy

if you keep lowering and lowering stuff you just end up with something completely subpar is all and if its not that great to begin with then it just makes it moreless useless. definately doesnt promote diversity at all

which is why anytime i see change and things being lower it a bummer nothing has been that extremely bad op in the first place and some of the change havent been exactly small but. the problem the comes to what about spvp then you have pve/wvw

almost all these changes so far have come from people.

but what happens when people really start to notice and they adopt it to wvw

they really need to just get it over with instead of being unsure if they want to or not

all skills need to be changed between pve - spvp - wvw

then make it loud and clear that all parts of the game are seperate.

get pve gear items out of wvw to. make on wvw only items

cuz doing one skill here one skill there is just well very unorganized

lmao talk about redundant but whatever its what they must do.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by colddog04

Yeah, that was a pretty poor attempt at sarcasm. :P I think they're doing just fine with updates. Actually, aren't they throwing a fairly good sized update in November as well? Having a solid update and seasonal events every month or two seems on par with other top devs - subscription or otherwise.

Anyway, I'm also downloading the Halloween thing right now. :)

I have a sarcasm disability. It's called Textual Sarcasm Deficiency Syndrome. I'm a sufferer. It's debilitating. Please give generously to the TSDSBS or Texual Sarcasm Deficiency Syndrome Benefit Society so that someday I might actually be acrimonius.

Note: I am in no way attempting to poke fun at those who may be suffering from Sarcasm Deficiency Syndrome. These disorders can be very unfortunate and difficult to deal with.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

And it looks like they removed the 'free' travel to LA by hitting H from anywhere and going to the mists and then to LA.

Out-fucking-standing. Boy, the kool-aid is leaving a bad after-taste.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by lunarwitch00

yea but then they need to make sure you can tell the difference and make much more apparent

and no updates have been pretty good dont get me wrong just was suprised to find another skill be split

whats funny the skill is changed to be worse when it wasnt even that great to begin with. but i guess they seen it as to beefy

if you keep lowering and lowering stuff you just end up with something completely subpar is all and if its not that great to begin with then it just makes it moreless useless. definately doesnt promote diversity at all

which is why anytime i see change and things being lower it a bummer nothing has been that extremely bad op in the first place and some of the change havent been exactly small but. the problem the comes to what about spvp then you have pve/wvw

almost all these changes so far have come from people.

but what happens when people really start to notice and they adopt it to wvw

they really need to just get it over with instead of being unsure if they want to or not

all skills need to be changed between pve - spvp - wvw

then make it loud and clear that all parts of the game are seperate.

get pve gear items out of wvw to. make on wvw only items

cuz doing one skill here one skill there is just well very unorganized

lmao talk about redundant but whatever its what they must do.

i disagree with the separation of skills.  spvp and wvw already feel like separate games,  which is the main reason i dont like gw2.  it's 3 separate games rolled into one package.  leads to a feeling of disconnect from my character. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    *Points* This is the review and impression section, this belongs in the main section. I'll refrain from making any witty comments back until this is in the right section. :)

im sorry

and i do agree with you who quoted me

they need to be careful with seperating the game up

i dont do alot of spvp right now but do pve and wvw

and im really glad you can use pve stuff in wvw hope that never changes

just seeing the changes happen for spvp make you wonder will they go futher

ill leave it with this about the skills gear they can kinda get away with it in spvp i dont exactly agree with it but it is moreless a completely different game.

so far the patch is check it out yourself awesome loading art alot of art changes pretty cool so far.

kinda expect seeing what they used to do with the first one

peace

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by cahenderson

And it looks like they removed the 'free' travel to LA by hitting H from anywhere and going to the mists and then to LA.

Yep, now you have to click the pvp icon and travel to the mists then to LA.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by cahenderson

Ermm wtf are you talking about?

They just moved the 'free' travel to LA icon and paste it ontop of your screen.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)