Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another WoW dynamic hyped F2P 30-60-90 piece of garbage

LaurannLaurann Member UncommonPosts: 47
The Zenimax TESO team are spending tons of money on a long term loser. I don't want more WoW themepark clones - I'm after a hardcore sandpark - light on the park side. They would have the ability to charge my card every month for the next 15 years (just like UO has) - but I'm afraid to say we have what I call a 60 to 90 day loser on our hands, another hyped themepark, another free to play loser. Too bad, as the elder scrolls is my favorite series of all time.

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

I dunno Miss.  Game is looking pretty solid actually.  IF they release it AS STATED by the mmoprg.com preview, I think it will be a title worth the money.  If they tweak it even more to feel like a multiplayer TES game then all the better.

Loser garbage though?  Still too early for me to place that kind of bet. 

• MercArcherMercArcher Member Posts: 57
    Have you even read any of the information out on the game? It is no where close to WoW.
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Originally posted by Laurann
    The Zenimax TESO team are spending tons of money on a long term loser. I don't want more WoW themepark clones - I'm after a hardcore sandpark - light on the park side. They would have the ability to charge my card every month for the next 15 years (just like UO has) - but I'm afraid to say we have what I call a 60 to 90 day loser on our hands, another hyped themepark, another free to play loser. Too bad, as the elder scrolls is my favorite series of all time.

Emperor Elder Scrolls Online: Good, I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the troll side will be complete!

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    If you want a sandbox go play df. The fact that game can not make great profits keep more from being produced.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by MercArcher
    Have you even read any of the information out on the game? It is no where close to WoW.

Right! And LotRO, and Rift, and AoC, and SWTOR, they're all totally unique games, not WoW clones at all!

Phasing 4tehwin!

Yeah, gimme a break.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Ausare
    If you want a sandbox go play df. The fact that game can not make great profits keep more from being produced.

Darkfall is a growing game with a profitable company behind it.

That's more than just about any themepark MMO of the last 7 years can say.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Ausare

OP said Sandpark, a barely touched upon hybrid genre that no one has quite figured out yet.

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I didn't realize AoC could be considered a WoW clone. Guild buildings? Mounted combat? Twitch based attacks rather than one button? Hmm, maybe I missed the memo...also, to call a game in Alpha, a WoW clone, is laugh out loud worthy. Unless you're on the development team and are actually making the game to know for a fact that it's exactly like WoW but with a different name/class titles slapped on it..I suggest you chill out and wait for CB at least before passing judgement.
  • AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    And exactly what is a true sandbox?

Trion and turbine seem to be making money. Many game companies are doing great. Df just had to scrap their game for an overhaul to try and save it.
  • himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    Nah man, WoW never looked this bad. ESO has created a whole new level of suck.
This discussion has been closed.