Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im giving VG a second chance

RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

downloading it right now hopefully the server lag is all gone since the innitial F2P rush is over.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Tell me how it is. Or if someone can tell me, is the population good enough now to actually group? I will definately use some of my extra station cash to sub to this.
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    i just started a bard and in the Racial starting zone there are people everywhere
  • FaradenAlthorFaradenAlthor Member Posts: 4

Yeah, I really am starting to like Vanguard, despite its flaws. When I log in I feel as though I'm entering a world, not just a game.

Also, the diplomacy system is pretty sweet. It is a mini-card game that uncovers lore by letting the player engage in “parley” with the npcs. It is totally optional, but I’ve found this aspect a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. 

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by FaradenAlthor

Yeah, I really am starting to like this game, despite its flaws. When I log in I feel as though I'm entering a world, not just a game.

Also, the diplomacy system is pretty sweet. It is a mini-card game that uncovers the game’s lore by letting the player engage in “parlay” with the npcs. It is totally optional, but I’ve found this aspect of the game to be the central draw so far. 

Diplomacy is a great feature of VG, it's a whole other game within the game. It takes just as long to level up as adventuring and    crafting. It also has it's own quests and armour, it really is a great concept and i look forward to EQNext expanding on it.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

I just started playing around with my 50 Rogue again and having fun. I've never really had a problem with the gameplay, but some of the graphics could use an update.

- Textures. Most of them are great, some of the armor is awesome, but a few of the ground textures could use a higher resolution.

- Character models: They seriously need an update and they need more expression, namely to get rid of that "oops, I just pooped my pants, I wonder if anyone noticed" stare.

- Character animations: Need an update, more specifically the mount animations.

Do those three things and you've got me back as my main MMO, SOE.

Optional PvP = No PvP