Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm really hyped for Unholy Wars.

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I am very hyped.

I played DF for 6 months. At the time, I had a really crappy computer, and I could barely run the game. I eventually quit solely because of my pc's performance, but I fell in love with Darkfall because it brought back the feelings I had in UO. By the time I got a new computer, DF1 was pretty much dead and Darkfall 2.0 was looming around the corner, so I've just been waiting.

One of my favorite memories was finding a remote little island close enough to the main land that I could swim to it. It was covered in ore. I would alway hit that island for a nice quite place to mine without getting ganked.

One day I could hear someone swimming up to shore, so I pulled out my polearm. An Ork came running over the hill carrying a two handed axe, and attacked me. I was a fat little dwarf, and I accidently wedged myself into a crevis in the rock. I was stuck, and the only exit was through the Ork!

The Ork came at me, and I swung with my polearm. Each hit, I could actually see him get knocked a little. He got a couple hits in on me, but I got the kill. I dry looted him and banked.

I can still hear the *tink tink tink* of a miners pick vividly in my head.

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Well even if their new version runs smooth enough to play I certainly hope they can actually sell enough copies to players who want to play. If they give 5 second windows to buy a limited quantity each day for weeks like they did last time they will lose a ton of players who simply will give up trying.

I would hazard a guess than <10% of their playerbase even got to play on opening days. Beta testers who already had the client and active accounts lined up exploited their way to regional dominance in a few days. Not entirely fun for other players.

You stay sassy!

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I think that's why they are giving away this month free to vets. 

They are trying to gauge  how many will most likely be there for sure on the 20th.

I also believe that's why they aren't releasing  more info. They don't want a huge opening.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I need to see some more gameplay vids before I get convinced. I played it for about a month or so and the GFX, UI and combat just looked too bad to play. Hopefully they have fixed that but we will see...
  • Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Yeah I'm pumped too. With new changes should be fun. Will have to see.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Meh, graphics look fine to me in DF1, and look good in DF2.

Just give me the sweet *tink* of a miners pick.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    we just have to sub to it to play it unless you never bought the game before
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Lustmord

I think that's why they are giving away this month free to vets. 

They are trying to gauge  how many will most likely be there for sure on the 20th.

I also believe that's why they aren't releasing  more info. They don't want a huge opening.

It's the best way, I think. Better to have slow growth than a massive influx that breaks the servers and then leaves.

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333
    The prospect of a new Darkfall is really exciting, I really hope they don't remove more than they add though, the new class system sounds pretty decent but classic AV is holding too much information too soon to release..

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

DF:UW can easily evolve into the medieval EVE Online. AV just need to see some of the core features in that game (btw - I'm sure they have, implementing them is another matter though) that promote accountability for one's actions and risk vs reward (Security Levels, etc).

There is NO medieval/fantasy sandbox in the market atm with the features DF has (FPS combat for one), and AV can easily become niche leaders if they pay attention to detail.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Lustmord

I hope they also delay sales or the servers are going to choke.