Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November Content Update

2»

Comments

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by cgnius
    Having not progressed particularly far in GW2 (highest character lvl is only 26) I'm hoping that the new updates, starting with next week's events, will renew my enthusiasm for the game.

it definitely wont. youre either leveling your second or third 80, or youre not liking the game. 

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    What could he possibly mean by saying he's goin to do things with the core skill bar.  This could be pretty bad because that could mean a plethora of things and lots of people will get their hopes up for something drastic and crazy awsome that changes everything, when I really think that he means something relatively minor.  But really it's anybody's guess.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Dark_Titan15
    Originally posted by tomfabio
    I love the skill system in Guildwars2, the only problem I feel is a lack of progressions with the weapon skills (other than player skill, of course). Now, I don't know what they have planned for skills, but I am excited, very excited. I have started to lose interest in GW2, but Anet has managed to recapture my attention with the promise of better loot, more content and improvements to skills. Let's hope all of these promises will come to fruition  sooner rather than later :)

Yea I kinda wish they would add a system similar to the utility bar for the weapon skills so I can select which weapon skills I want after I've unlocked them.  This would add alot more variety and a lot more unique builds.

That is exactly what I was telling a buddy the other day. The only part of the game I don't really dig is the static weapon abilities. This is mostly due to the fact that there are a lot of abilities I just don't like. I have avoided some weapons completed due to this fact alone. If they were to add additional abilities to weapons and let me choose the five I want to use... that would be MUCH better in my opinion. 

• keirionkeirion Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

What does he means "using core skill bar" ?

It can be either all kind of pickup hold items with skills - which is lame and doesnt add much to the game ( at least until now )

Or return of GW1 skills which you hunt in the world and than equip as your skill load out - which would be awesome (but i doubt they will be brave enough to admit their misytake in ommiting this in the first place )

If the quote is read in context then one can understand that using the core skill bar simply means content such as dungeons, boss fights, pvp, etc where you are playing 'as your character' as opposed to minigame type things such as the keg brawl where you are playing using a different set of skills

IE: main game as opposed to minigames.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Hmmmm...

Been a few hours now. Where are all the regular " it's B2P which means no new content because only sub games get new content regularly" , etc trolls?

Glad to hear theyre looking into adding some new stuff, especially in reference to endgame and PvP. Was planning on getting back into the game a bit again for the halloween events. Hopefully theyll get these November updates in before DFUW launches so Ill have more time to check out the new stuff before I get wrapped up in that.

We know nothing about this ¨new content¨ coming on november yet, it could be just more DE maybe 1 more battleground for the Spvp, and they was talking about more tournaments options. That wont be enough, without a fix to the casual  fest that is the Spvp and the zerg aoe spam fest that is the WvWvW, nothing will change. Im more exited about PS2 and having an insane amount of fun with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (If you dont have it, Buy it NOW). 

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by keirion

Originally posted by Lobotomist What does he means "using core skill bar" ? It can be either all kind of pickup hold items with skills - which is lame and doesnt add much to the game ( at least until now ) Or return of GW1 skills which you hunt in the world and than equip as your skill load out - which would be awesome (but i doubt they will be brave enough to admit their misytake in ommiting this in the first place )  
    If the quote is read in context then one can understand that using the core skill bar simply means content such as dungeons, boss fights, pvp, etc where you are playing 'as your character' as opposed to minigame type things such as the keg brawl where you are playing using a different set of skills

IE: main game as opposed to minigames.

Exactly, he's saying don't expect any activities that will provide a new skill bar, such as keg brawling, they are focusing on content that utilizes your current core skill bar.

There is no suggestion of change to the skill or trait system, it's a content update.

Edit: From further down that thread:

ColinJohanson

Game Director

<<If you’re telling us that the focus is creating new content to do with the max level builds we worked hard to create instead of mini-games I can greatly appreciate that.>>

Correct, yes, that’s what we’re saying =)