Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Question about respeccing

EntinerintEntinerint brooklyn, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon

I haven't been able to find an answer to this question.

Are "roles"  in DF:UW chosen in character creation like a more traditional RPG, where that character is stuck to that class for his or her entire existence, or are they chosen after character creation and can you change them in-game, as needed or desired?

I would certainly hope it is the latter.  I've always loved DF's one character per account aspect, and hopefully, they just allow you to change your role in game, with some kind of penalty and cooldown of course.

Anybody have any intel on this?

Comments

  • marcustmarcust AdelaidePosts: 467Member Uncommon
    As far as I know we have no info on this yet, I'm expecting it to be the latter though with some cost involved at an npc.

    Playing: ESO, Submerged
    Favourite games have been: UO, Lineage2, WoW, Darkfall, Lotro, GW2

  • EntinerintEntinerint brooklyn, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by marcust
    As far as I know we have no info on this yet, I'm expecting it to be the latter though with some cost involved at an npc.

    Gotcha, yeah my fingers are crossed.

  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,660Member Uncommon
    No it is not like that. You can switch your role anytime as long as you are out of combat. Ive hear dmention there is a lockout timer, but no idea how long yet. Might just be a few minutes to prevent people quickly swapping back and forth.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    From what I understand you can swap roles whenever you are in a town and ooc.
  • EntinerintEntinerint brooklyn, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    No it is not like that. You can switch your role anytime as long as you are out of combat. Ive hear dmention there is a lockout timer, but no idea how long yet. Might just be a few minutes to prevent people quickly swapping back and forth.

    Pretty awesome.

    I wonder how they'll measure whether or not you're "in-combat" since there's no targeting, just if a player or NPC has given you damage in the past X minutes, or you've given damage?

    I hope it isn't like people can keep switching during a siege, that'd negate the whole purpose of roles to begin with.

    Also, I wonder if you retain your skill level in each role when you switch, or if you have to start from scratch each time.  The latter would be pretty hardcore, encouraging people to switch only when they wanted to really become something else.

  • RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    ent no you keep everything the role system is just to prevent what we have know in df1
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Phoenix, AZPosts: 2,660Member Uncommon

    Like Raxeon said, you keep your skills. Eventually you can master every skill in the game just like in DF1, you just wont be able to use all of them at once and have to choose which role to use at the time for different situations.

    Essentially everyone can be everything, just not all things at once.

    Will be kind of interesting to see which players become well known for being great at certain roles vs those who are known for being great regardless of which role theyre in.

  • EntinerintEntinerint brooklyn, NYPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

    Like Raxeon said, you keep your skills. Eventually you can master every skill in the game just like in DF1, you just wont be able to use all of them at once and have to choose which role to use at the time for different situations.

    Essentially everyone can be everything, just not all things at once.

    Will be kind of interesting to see which players become well known for being great at certain roles vs those who are known for being great regardless of which role theyre in.

    I am soooooooooooooo excited, this sounds like a really happy medium!

Sign In or Register to comment.