Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: First Look at In-Game Footage

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine has sent out the first short gameplay video from Darkfall: Unholy Wars. The short video shows off a first look at the Role System. In this video, the Warrior's Baresark school is spotlighted, a close combat heavy melee style of fighting. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    looks awesome , cant wait!
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Nice fast movement, which is a nice incentive to get the warrior bersaerk.

Nice knock back.

Want to see more.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    The graphics and animations look decent enough for me to be able to stomach playing this title. I don't play pong anymore for a reason, hence why I never played DF very long after first month, it is just horrid.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Did they misspell berserk?  Or are they trying to make a new word?

Over all rating from me.

NOT IMPRESSED.

So much crap, so little quality.

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Hodo

Did they misspell berserk?  Or are they trying to make a new word?

Over all rating from me.

NOT IMPRESSED.

It's actually the more correct translation than berserk. 

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This is actually a product releasing within the next month?  Uhm..... ok.  So that begs the question, why does it look stiff and crappy?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Umm... stomp. wtf.

That was a pretty hilarious interpretation of a stomp. It's functionality worked like an AoE knockback and the visual looked like some kind of purple forcefield.

[mod edit]
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    [mod edit]

I actually love how darkfall looks..  It's beautiful how the shadows look from the moon, while your hiding behind a tree as a goblin is trying to sniff you out..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I just think the animations need a lot of work. The gameworld and the particle effects looked pretty good even if the animation/particle effects looked way out of whack for "stomp." Honestly, they should just rename it "brutal force" or something.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    [mod edit]

The world environment looks pretty impressive given it is so open. The animations could be better but when actually in combat they should be fluid enough for it to be of little to no real issue.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    [mod edit]

I thought the graphics/visuals looked just fine, guess we have different standards in what is needed to enjoy a game.

(of course, I play EVE, so that might be why) image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    [mod edit]

I didn't see those details, so fair enough.  I'll keep checking back, thanks for not attacking me, I realize using words like crappy and awful probably irritated some fans, so my bad.  It was just my opinion from a short video.  The thing I like least is still the sub fee, but I'd pay for a good game...

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    >.< wish they had shown more then 2 moves also that stomp move seems like some fun trollin :]

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well one thing i can say, looks wise its an improvement on Darkfall thats for sure..

Never really played darfall for the looks tho..

As for the so called stop skill where the guy puts his arms out well yeah that quite clearly needs to be renamed to "arms out fly away"

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Funny to see that people want to judge the game by it's graphics after watching a 1 minute long video ( quality: 360p )

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Doesn't look too great graphically but the game is still interesting.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    This is actually a product releasing within the next month?  Uhm..... ok.  So that begs the question, why does it look stiff and crappy?

True - I mean it is full loot and hardcore.  And PvP actually has a consequence - something one from GW2 would not understand -- consequences.......

So agree with me that it looks crappy, then bring up features that have nothing to do with the awful visuals.  This has NOTHING to do with GW2.  I want to be excited about a sandbox, but if they look like this, I'll keep waiting.  Sorry if that offends you.

Fair enough and if you get the chance to try it out you will see the graphics actually look quite nice for how huge and massive the world is... 

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    animations look pretty bad. Its be embarrassed to run around holding a big hammer like that.
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

True - I mean it is full loot and hardcore.  And PvP actually has a consequence - something one from GW2 would not understand -- consequences.......

So agree with me that it looks crappy, then bring up features that have nothing to do with the awful visuals.  This has NOTHING to do with GW2.  I want to be excited about a sandbox, but if they look like this, I'll keep waiting.  Sorry if that offends you.

I actually love how darkfall looks..  It's beautiful how the shadows look from the moon, while your hiding behind a tree as a goblin is trying to sniff you out..

I have to agree, I've watched the trailer many times and I don't think the models look stiff. 

The graphics also look good as far as I'm concerned. In particular, I thought the falling animation was hilarious. 

Hi

• lorddarkalorddarka Member UncommonPosts: 26
    bleh for a game thats suppose to be new and not just an expansion. it really doesnt show a damn thing. no mobs someone standing still while he knocks them back etc. whats the point of this video? its stupid wheres the new pve content show us something new and improved not some ediot running and doing knockbacks on someone standing still. it looks fail.. sorry to say because i love the concept but was missing so much to make it feel alive. mobs better pvp ai was horrible hehe just countless things that needed tweaked and updated but it looks like they spent more time redoing the company logos then they spent on the game.. :-( gameplay=win not the gfx. thousands of people still play games like eq and uo and the reason y is the gameplay not gfx.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Can't really tell much from a low-res 1 minute video, it looks like every other fantasy mmorpg but it does looks a bit dated and stff.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Looks great to me. 
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    A month away and this is the video they put out?  I could make something better than that on my lunchbreak.  That's damn embarrassing for a "professional" gaming company.  Seriously, do they have absolutely no pride in their work what-so-ever?  

Originally posted by Draemos
    A month away and this is the video they put out?  I could make something better than that on my lunchbreak.  That's damn embarrassing for a "professional" gaming company.  Seriously, do they have absolutely no pride in their work what-so-ever?  

Yeah, I'm thinking my disappointment was based more on what you said than the graphics themselves, which are decent enough for an MMO this size I guess.  No open world sandbox PvP game is going to look as good as it could/should when you post 1 guy spamming one skill at a time against a dummy.  I'd suggest for their second video they show the two people fighting... or just ramp things up and show either real PvE content or several player characters onscreen at once; that's what people want to see this late in development.  Honestly, I can deal with a game that doesn't have Unreal tech, but first impressions matter.  They need to show some real action, IMO.  C'mon guys, clock's ticking!