Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good sources for news?

Is there a WoD newsletter or site dedicated to it yet or something like that? 

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

CCP is too busy on Dust 514 at the moment.

More info will surface after that game will launch

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

There's no official news to the best of my knowledge.

This blog/forum seems to do a good job bringing up news (when available). http://www.wodnews.net/

Personally, I have a google alert set for world of darkness, That works well, but also gets a fair bit of marginally related things (e.g. Secret World news that has the work "darkness")

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    At their last EVEfest CCP said this would be the last time we'd hear about the game for a good long time, so I'd assume there are none for now.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by ashleymorrow
    Is there a WoD newsletter or site dedicated to it yet or something like that? 

i get my news from here : https://www.facebook.com/worldofdarkness

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Vapourware.com
  • ashleymorrowashleymorrow Member Posts: 176
    I appreciate the replies everyone.
  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by ste2000

yeah this is something I don't get. They decided to gamble and spend millions on dust instead of WoD. I get the feeling the failure of dust and the setbacks on WoD such as the layoffs they did on some of the team are gonna really hurt the game. There's gonna be a huge gap to fill in the new year or 2 but instead they went with dust the mediorce at best, lobby shooter that plays clunkier than lobby shooters from 10 years ago.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by yutty
    Originally posted by ste2000

yeah this is something I don't get. They decided to gamble and spend millions on dust instead of WoD. I get the feeling the failure of dust and the setbacks on WoD such as the layoffs they did on some of the team are gonna really hurt the game. There's gonna be a huge gap to fill in the new year or 2 but instead they went with dust the mediorce at best, lobby shooter that plays clunkier than lobby shooters from 10 years ago.

Dust514 and Walking in Stations was always more or less hinted at being a way to generate revenue while being projects that gives CCP animation and world building skill.

But more importantly WOD has to wait for GPU (and PC) technology to catch up so they can release the game the way it deserves to be released, i.e absolutly fucking mind blowing.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Vapourware.com

You don't hire people and maintain offices to write vapourware.

Seriously, best way to keep tabs on a game company's development and commitment to a project is to watch the job advertising.  They are still hiring people for this game, that they are not pushing advertising on it when it is clearly well away from release does not mean it's vapourware, especially from CCP who know what they are doing with MMOs.  Good things take time, and while I really would love to play this game right now I know that like everyone else I will likely not see it until 2014 or 2015. 

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Hello CCP, it´s time for some news... please
  • infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Hokie

But more importantly WOD has to wait for GPU (and PC) technology to catch up so they can release the game the way it deserves to be released, i.e absolutly fucking mind blowing.

Technology has been caught up for awhile. Devs need to stop just developing for 32 bit systems that only use 2 outa the 4-8 cpu ppl have. Todays technology is barely being fully used to its potential.