Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR, just jerked me around good

2»

Comments

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by MMOman101

So I have been playing and enjoying the game for what it is, an on line single player game with limmited interaction.  I have been playing the FTP to level 15.

I finished my main story quest to get ulock the ship before I hit 16.  I actually skipped a lot of stuff becuase I wanted to see what the ship was all about. 

I run to my new ship.  Click on it.  Jump inside and watch my ship start to take off.  Honestly it was one of the most anticipated moments of the game for me and I was about as excited as I can get playing a game.  The take off cut scence was nice and When the loading stops........BAM, you are not allowed on the ship unless you paying player. 

I understand the point of restricting access for FTP players.  But at least let me see the inside of the ship and figure out if there is a cool minigame or anythign worth wild on the ship.  Or just don't let me on the ship.  Don'e play the cut scene and then throw me right back to infront of my ship.  It is like they want to jerk me around. 

I cannot remember a bigger let down.  Note for EA, if you are going to prohibit access do so before the cut scene.  It will piss people off a lot less. 

Edit:

I see some people cannot read.  The red text has been highlighted so people can see how this is jerking someone around.  If you are not going to allow it, fin do so upfront.  Not after the cut scene.

First of all they dont try to jerk you they have already done that.

Besides the game worths till the moment you get the ship after that is total crap so they saved your time.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Btw F2P option for flashpoints is:

Quote: "Full rewards from 3 Flashpoints per week or purchase a weekly pass to unlock all rewards for all Flashpoints"

This means (I think) that you will be able to join as many FPs as you want but you will get rewards for only 3 weekly.

Am I wrong? Please let me know if this reads differently.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Quote: "Full rewards from 3 Flashpoints per week or purchase a weekly pass to unlock all rewards for all Flashpoints"

This means (I think) that you will be able to join as many FPs as you want but you will get rewards for only 3 weekly.

I read it the same as you.

Not that it matters much, since freemiums can't use purples.  It's Free to Play, get your fill on Blues, which is one step below the other people you group with! Yay?

Free to be inferior ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by MMOman101

So I have been playing and enjoying the game for what it is, an on line single player game with limmited interaction.  I have been playing the FTP to level 15.

I finished my main story quest to get ulock the ship before I hit 16.  I actually skipped a lot of stuff becuase I wanted to see what the ship was all about. 

I run to my new ship.  Click on it.  Jump inside and watch my ship start to take off.  Honestly it was one of the most anticipated moments of the game for me and I was about as excited as I can get playing a game.  The take off cut scence was nice and When the loading stops........BAM, you are not allowed on the ship unless you paying player. 

I understand the point of restricting access for FTP players.  But at least let me see the inside of the ship and figure out if there is a cool minigame or anythign worth wild on the ship.  Or just don't let me on the ship.  Don'e play the cut scene and then throw me right back to infront of my ship.  It is like they want to jerk me around. 

I cannot remember a bigger let down.  Note for EA, if you are going to prohibit access do so before the cut scene.  It will piss people off a lot less. 

Edit:

I see some people cannot read.  The red text has been highlighted so people can see how this is jerking someone around.  If you are not going to allow it, fin do so upfront.  Not after the cut scene.

[mod edit]

The OP explained everything.  The person is asking to be notified when the lv 15 trial ends.  If it ends, why bother with the usual loading screens, as with the OP's situation.  They mean nothing.  Just end the game, and EA auto email bots would say, "Thanks for playing..  If you want to see more please subscribe."

Zzzzzz....

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Karteli

Not that it matters much, since freemiums can't use purples.  It's Free to Play, get your fill on Blues, which is one step below the other people you group with! Yay?

Free to be inferior ...

I assume F2P can use orange modable gear... with blue mods... you can do all content wiith this armour...

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Karteli

Free to be inferior ...

I assume F2P can use orange modable gear... with blue mods... you can do all content wiith this armour...

EA wont overlook this :P  If they restrict purples, then they will restrict mods by item level.  It really doesn't make a differnce if it was orange or blue.  Every freemium player will be restricted to a lower item level, which IMO is fail.

PVE doing hard modes in blues, PVP in blues, surely you jest.  EA - "Your characer will suck, but could suck a whole lot less when you subscribe."

This should be included in their next video.  They actually might get more subscribers if they were simply honest.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

Yes everyone knows its a trial so you can stop repeating that part over and over..

Its a crap trial though. EA/Bioware can't do anything worth a shit is the actual point of the OP's comment.

You see if game was any good or if they had a clue, the trial would be the whole first planet Drumund Kass,or Coruscant, ship then fleet so a new player could actually see what the game offers. Since the game is shit and offers nothing, the ship does nothing as well outside of rail missions and travel, and fleet is just a game lobby, I understand why they cut the trail off at 15 as they think people will feel that there will be more to the game, but in reality all there is to offer is an empty overhyped hunk of buggy broken shit and a big waste of a great IP.

This is just my humble opinion of course......image

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

F2P games are big no-no for me. Is enough i read is f2p and game is lost for me. You can not expect to get quality food for free in any restaurant. Fact. 

Only decent game that does not have sub (however having sub does not mean game is great of course!) so far and is p2p is Gw2. Incredible surprise.

As for rest there are not true f2p games. There is always some price to pay. I prefer sub and getting all for free then spending double amount for cash shops (make me feel sick just remembering Rappelz) and getting crappy game with even more crappy performance.