Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So hows F2P?

cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
I played at launch and tried to play a few times later on but never saw enough people to group up with at lower levels.   Are there enough low level people to group up a lot?

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by cukimunga
    I played at launch and tried to play a few times later on but never saw enough people to group up with at lower levels.   Are there enough low level people to group up a lot?

Not in EU, don't know about US. What I do see is many high levels willing to use the mentoring feature to "level down" and help new players on level. Population has gone up with F2P, but the world still feels a bit empty.

What I do see is many of the new players actually stay instead of leaving after a few weeks.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I played briefly about a year ago, but couldn't stick with it due to what I felt were really bad character models and animations.  Has that changed at all by chance?

You make me like charity

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    I played briefly about a year ago, but couldn't stick with it due to what I felt were really bad character models and animations.  Has that changed at all by chance?

Not really. Just a few minor changes on some skills.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by asmkm22

Not really. Just a few minor changes on some skills.

That's unfortunate, but thanks for the response.

You make me like charity

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Not in EU, don't know about US. What I do see is many high levels willing to use the mentoring feature to "level down" and help new players on level. Population has gone up with F2P, but the world still feels a bit empty.

What I do see is many of the new players actually stay instead of leaving after a few weeks.

Many of the new players I've grouped with, dont play anymore. I've actually invested a lot of money buying stuff to craft for them as well.

• ShadowedMareShadowedMare Member Posts: 30

I guess that's a good sign. I played at launch and then a few times later on as well. I had a great guild for awhile there but real life and college took up most of my time for awhile there. I wish this game would have taken off during its launch - it was a pretty solid game. 

The Shadowed Mare - A Tavern North of Caldera and an Elder Scrolls Online Fansite and Forums.

• TorreyHTorreyH Member UncommonPosts: 43

I've only been back a short time, but it does seem so.  The game feels populated at the lower levels, and its mostly new or returning players, not alts.  Very encouraging that SOE is finally giving the game some attention.  The FTP is overly gimped - they should really open it up more.  But its working enough that the game world feels alive.  And grouping is viable.  Always been so much to like about Vanguard - I am glad its getting another chance.  image

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    The game is now finally available on steam again.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I just tried it again and it is bad imo,TOO many restrictions for the f2p players.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I was thinking about returning. Somehow I have 5000 station cash so I wouldn't mind paying for a month with that just to see how it's changed. Is it populated enough on the US server to get groups?
  • FaradenAlthorFaradenAlthor Member Posts: 4

There were plenty of people in the newbie zone last night. I think this game could do pretty well. It has everything it needs to be a comeback success: high adventure, crafting, diplomacy, player housing, player ships, and a massive world. Although Vanguard is not perfect, and the newbie zone does tend to lag a bit, the game has the essential elements of a true-school mmorpg. If you’re looking for a classic throwback to the roots of the genre with decent graphics, this might be the game for you.

As to the free to play restrictions being too harsh, if you end up playing the game enough to find these restrictions maddening, you’ve probably already received many hours of solid entertainment. At that point, perhaps forking over a few bucks for a subscription isn’t such a bad deal. 

If I had to rate this game, I would give it an 8.0 to perhaps an 8.2.... good enough for me, at least until EQ Next comes out. :) 

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I  played the game when it first launched and stayed with it for about 2 years. Ended up leaving over the raiding system. The guild I was in was full of great people and we had made it to kotasoth the dragon in ancient port warehouse. However I played a paladin our guild leader was a paly and 2 of our officers were tanks. Myself and 4 to 5 other tanks would always be sitting on our thumbs in group 4 during raids. With the guild leader and officer tanks actually getting a chance to play. They would occasionall rotate one of us but it was rare. I got tired of wasting my time so I left the game instead of the guild. I had already acquired all of my swamp armor, and a few pieces from APW. However  the no looting in group 4 change that was made made it impossible to advance.  And it got boring watching  other people play, while all you did was play the waiting game.

I left about 6 months before they raised the level cap.