Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The only real issue that I currently have with guild wars 2 is ...

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

...people using the term kitten.  Drives me nuts and makes me want to punch something.  Can you people using the term please stop. 

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Isn't it a profanity filter?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Kitten?
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Kitten
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I've been playing mmo's since UO, and GW2 is the first mmo I've played where people would insult others with the word kitten. Guess it's the new word for the epeen crowd.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

[troll]

if youre playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something simillar (gw2), dont be suprised others call you kitten:)

[/troll]

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Insane666

[troll]

if youre playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure or something simillar (gw2), dont be suprised others call you kitten:)

[/troll]

Is that seriously what it means? Is it a new, more derogatory term for "carebear"?

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    erm GW2 has a profanity filter which replaces offensive words with the word kitten....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Badaboom

...people using the term kitten.  Drives me nuts and makes me want to punch something.  Can you people using the term please stop. 

Turn off your profanity filter then.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Hmm

kitten

kitten (kit'en) n.

A small, sometimes domesticated animal; usually a pet; a member of the cat family, wants to grow up to be a lion, tiger, leopard, etc; thinks the world revolves around her; is probably right.

kitten

a woman who likes to date men older than her, usually by about 10 years, or more depending on the woman. Also the opposite of a cougar.

Also some other unmentionable definitions extending to human anatomy.

I guess someone was looking for a new innocent word to use for insults / to replace insults.  Helluva irritating replacement lol.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Ah that would be the profanity filter on the official Anet forums. I personally think it's kitten awesome!
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    Ah that would be the profanity filter on the official Anet forums. I personally think it's kitten awesome!

Ends up with some amusing contractions too..... like kittenmuncher (insteead of buttmuncher) etc. Of course if you start thinking pussy instead of kitten you end up with some real filth!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    LOL.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by stragen001
    erm GW2 has a profanity filter which replaces offensive words with the word kitten....

I guess some people would prefer to be called biatch, a..hole and that sort of stuff. Looks like disabling the profanity filter is the way to go then. Hope it's more fun for you that way.

imageimage
  • GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78
    I can't tell if you're serious or not.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It must be an Anet forum thing?
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• aphydorkaphydork Member Posts: 133
    Where's the picture of Fry when you need it?
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Bunch of whiny kittenholes around here, crying about a mother kitten filter.

XD

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by aphydork
    Where's the picture of Fry when you need it?

:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg