Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Lion chests

7star7star Member Posts: 405

At present, account wide, I have 34 Black Lion chests and 5 keys, all from drops. So 34:5 for me. I hae six characters, level 40, 30, 10, 10, 10, 5.

I haven't opened any of them yet. I figured they are supposed to have crafting mats, so I will wait till I start leveling crafting. I don't plan to buy any keys. 

Questions:

(1) What is your box:key drop ratio?

(2) What do the boxes contain?

(3) How useful are the contents to crafting or  whatever?

Comments

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Found like 150 boxes, and 3 keys(found as in drops not reward from story quest etc.)

Random boosters, tonics and well pretty much all items on the TP consumable wise. 

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I've never found any crafting resources in any of the 40 boxes I've opened.

What made you think you get crafting items.

Most of the items have been fun items, with some boosters and mail boxes,a temporary TP etc.

If they had resources I'm sure they would be selling on the TP for alot more than they are now.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Plus they have, as I have pointed out in the other chest thread, seemingly exclusive event skins in them for weapons (during the event periods).

I believe that the chests are really just a vehicle for delivering event items, which is why they have looked 'worthless' up until now.

I believe that will change once people start to clock on to the fact that very cool stuff can indeed come from them.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

(1) What is your box:key drop ratio?

Similar to yours, but you can always buy more keys. Sometimes opening a chest will spawn another key as well.

(2) What do the boxes contain?

Boosters (which are basically buffs) for things like Karma, XP, Crafting XP, and Armor. Transformer potions are just items that some might consider "fun" (no other intrinsic value or purpose). 

(3) How useful are the contents to crafting or  whatever?

The crafting boosters are useful for xp gain. For example, if you get a bunch of mats together before hand, use a crafting booster, and then produce items, the XP gain is killer. 

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by AwDiddums

What made you think you get crafting items.

Maybe because you do image did manage to get yellow craft items
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I have 457 black lions chests sitting in my bank. When I've had keys to open them, I get another key every 1  out of 10 chests it seems.

Mostly tonics that are useles to me, why would I want a one time use tonic to turn me into an animal where I can't do anything. Always get some sort of boost, the most common one is the karma boosts or the health regen one.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Dev_NightsDev_Nights Member Posts: 67
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I've opened 5 chests in a row once, and got a replacement key in each one.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Chests are pretty much an extra way to snag people for some money in temrs of gems. They give you consumeables mostly, nothing really to worth wild unless you want one of the boosts and feel like taking a risk for it.
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    isn't the crafting boost the most valuable ? doesn't it actual give you exp that makes you reach the next tier faster , and therefore cost you alot less in crafting materials ?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by jondifool
    isn't the crafting boost the most valuable ? doesn't it actual give you exp that makes you reach the next tier faster , and therefore cost you alot less in crafting materials ?

The crafting booster increases your chance to gain bonus xp by 50%. This amount ends up being so little , it's not that big a deal. Somewhat like the xp boosters that give you 50% more per kill.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Do note that during the Halloween event which begins tomorrow, Black Lion Chests will start dropping Halloween stuff. One we know is a chance to drop from 6 unique halloween themed weapon skins. I cant wait, hope I get one (and if not, I hope they aren't account bound so they can be bought on the market).

Also hope keys go on sale for the week long event because my drop rate has been pretty abysmal. I haven't found a key in weeks.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Fion

Do note that during the Halloween event which begins tomorrow, Black Lion Chests will start dropping Halloween stuff. One we know is a chance to drop from 6 unique halloween themed weapon skins. I cant wait, hope I get one (and if not, I hope they aren't account bound so they can be bought on the market).

Also hope keys go on sale for the week long event because my drop rate has been pretty abysmal. I haven't found a key in weeks.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but I found that keys drop a lot more at the lower levels and started to dry up around 50-60.

Maybe this is a good time to level an alt and get a few extra keys stored .