Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Storm Legion NDA Drops, Beta 2 Begins

2»

Comments

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Tyrranosaur
    Originally posted by Siveria

All I can honestly sday is "meh" same crap in just a new area that your already doing, MMORP expansions need to start offering more than just the same shit in a new area, have some actually unique stuff for once, should take notes from stuff like the oblivion expansions/dlc and the skyrim dlc that add entirely new features that change the game up.

I also agree with rem, mmo's have been going down the shitter fast since wow came out, I haven't seen 1 mmo in years that actually offered some diffrent gameplay, that wasn't f2p. Swtor, TSw same shti diffrent wrapper all over again, same for guild wars 2, its still the same boring quest grind/hub bullshit with the same boring mechanics copied from wow. These mmodevs wonder why their sub numbers drop like a rock thrown in the ocean after the first month or 2 of subbing, its because none of them ever offer anything worth sticking around for. I played rift and quit early because it just felt like yet another wow clone to me, with very little to set it apart gameplay wise. Add in the fact you can hit cap in most sub mmo's in 2-4 days means people blow thru the content, Hell over half of a new mmo's pop quits before the free month is even over because of how fast you hit cap, and then the lack of stuff to do once there. They need to start designing mmo's so it takes 1.5-2 weeks even for a hardcore player to hti cap, and 1.5-2 months for a casual. FF11 was like this and still sort of is if you don't abuse abbysea, and its still doing fine.. Then again FF11 is like the only unique mmorpg thats pay2play on the market right now. Its the only one that hasn't caved into being turned into a generic wow clone.

2-4 days? I am impressed. I'm creeping up on 100 hours on my main in Rift and still just hitting level 40. Over a few months' play. But then, I need to eat, sleep and obey the laws of spacetime so yeah, 2-4 days was never an option for me.

This is the first time I've seen anyone compare FFXI favorably as a positive direction for MMOs. What did you think of FFXIV, if you tried it? Just curious.

No one hits cap in 2-4 days in a sub MMO, not even the 24-7 accounts played by multiple players.  He was just talking through his hat.

LMFAO. No, I actually streamed the entire process of leveling my second character, the Kelari Cleric. It was a group of 3 of us at that point that leveled together. We quested, then instance'd for gear while viable, quest some more. The stream is still up on Justin.TV, search for "Saez Kelari Cleric" and it will come up. 

On my server during head-start, we had multiple 50s during day 2 and 3 of the game being launched. On day 1, I have screenshots of a guy at 48.

It was also confirmed that there wasn't rampant exploiting for those people, either, at the time, and most of them weren't multiple players.

Goto Google, and type in "First RIFT 50" and see for yourself. No need to talk through my hat when RIFT proudly displays World and Server firsts, including each achievement for the 10 level increments. So go check for yourself, buddy. Quite ironic how the accusations of "talking through hats" are actually typically created from the people who base all their assumptions off of just that, an assumption.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I am glad for the expansion in Rift and I look forward to trying it out more.

Especially since I have a larger attention span than half of the kiddies these days it seems.

Which reminds me of how funny it sounds when any of those same kiddies try to brag about maxing level in such a short time in X mmo when 100% of the time it was done in a group or with their guild's help. They have never truly finished the game 100% on their own.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Nitth
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by mikury
    NDA drops before new Cleric soul is even officially revealed. Something is not right. :/

The new cleric soul isn't in the current version of beta, if that's what you mean.

Yes it is..

Yes, sorry, I was wrong there lol. Can't believe I missed it when I was looking.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

just to kill some leveling discussion either way:

i leveled my warrior to 50 inless as 24 hours /played, far less.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Synthetick

LMFAO. No, I actually streamed the entire process of leveling my second character, the Kelari Cleric. It was a group of 3 of us at that point that leveled together. We quested, then instance'd for gear while viable, quest some more. The stream is still up on Justin.TV, search for "Saez Kelari Cleric" and it will come up. 

On my server during head-start, we had multiple 50s during day 2 and 3 of the game being launched. On day 1, I have screenshots of a guy at 48.

It was also confirmed that there wasn't rampant exploiting for those people, either, at the time, and most of them weren't multiple players.

Goto Google, and type in "First RIFT 50" and see for yourself. No need to talk through my hat when RIFT proudly displays World and Server firsts, including each achievement for the 10 level increments. So go check for yourself, buddy. Quite ironic how the accusations of "talking through hats" are actually typically created from the people who base all their assumptions off of just that, an assumption.

Just why oh why rush to max level?? That is what I don't understand.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.