It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Had commented on New Legendary items on massively.
Mostly directed on Cosmetics > stat items.
After reading most of people comments, seems like people don't understand why lots of people do not like this.
Pulled from comments:
"Not wrong at all. If you refer to it as tedious work, then it can't suddenly turn into being fun just because the carrot has some numbers slapped on it alongside some sparkle & shine. Either it's fun or it's not."
I believe this is completely false. Many people would much rather play to become stronger then your peers, not just to look like it. this is how the MMO genre got popular in the first place.
Yes playing the game for fun, and getting rewarded by only "upgrading the shine" is cool and all.
But is missing the point lots of people play MMOs for, which is that strive you be superior to your friends and others. (not just too look cooler)
I personally believe there is a "skill cap" to this game. meaning you only get so good. but i guess that's still irrelevant. ( plus there is no way to show it, other then dueling or 5s?
(lulz this isn't league)
The fact of the matter is, Anyone can get these items. Not legendary at all. A mediocre player can grind there way to a new shiny, they didn't have to play well to get it. just take the time to do it.
I didn't even make it to 80, i guess my main reason if I felt I had seen all GW2 has to offer at level 40 already.
Things that I wish GW2 had, or didn't have. ( keep in mind, i left good while ago already.. things could of changed that i missed)
1) Complete world pvp.... if zones scale to level.. why not?
2) Raids? yea i know lots of people don't want this... but cmon, hard content with unique rewards. get 20+ people to coordinate as a team is challenge in itself. But overall gives that more "Epic Feeling" when downing progression bosses. Even if it just dropped "unique cosmetics"
3) More exclusive endgame, I guess just like in raids, I would like more to work towards then achievements and more shine.
4) take out waypoints and add mounts. complete personal opinion xD
5) Personally hate currency system, makes it feel more like grind... why not just have many many items you need (that drop) to craft your epic gear.. not farm out 500 badges, or 100 this and 100 of that......
Its not that have grind is bad, but make it seem less of a grind. make sense?
Would rather Farm a dungeon or w/e 100 times to get a super rare drop. then to farm that same dungeon to see a currency go from 0- 100.
Seems this is the general direction mmos are going, which is why I really only play EVE and dota2... but i do occasionally hop on others like GW2.... I might just burned out.. but i still the MMO genre.
BTW - i quit warcraft loongggg agooo..(so dont call me a warcraft fanboy xD) my casual drop in consist of gw2, rift and dcuo
waiting for eq:next and new Darkfall. love the sandbox types now. but i do sure miss Vanilla!
Leave some comments on your own opinion! maybe my view is wrong and you could change my mind! ( no trolls please, ty!)