Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most cherished item from any MMO you've played.

Comments

• CheriseCherise Member Posts: 232
    The only thing that comes to mind is in EverQuest when someone traded me their Fungi tunic for a beastlord weapon I had up for sale; the Fungi being much more valuable.   Ah it was fun to play my alts then.  And I never parted with it.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I love the little things, FBSS, the fashionable Centi Longswords, pretty much all the twink items of EQ1. I would spend HOURS inside the east commonlands tunnels trading. made a fortune and had a blast.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

For me it would be The Sun Eater, from World of Warcraft: http://www.wowhead.com/item=29362/the-sun-eater

It took me sooooo many mechanar runs to get it it's not even funny :-S

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I've had loads of armor pieces that were worked for and that I was "proud" to have, but I still think the little extras mean more to me.

The Albino Drake (for having 100 mounts)

The pet skunk (for having 100 pets, if I remember correctly)

Those were 2 of my most favorite items.

In EQ2 I had rare furniture that I wouldn't have traded for a THING.  So my home was my "item" in EQ2, since it was loaded with rare items.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11
    Swiftwind and Earthcaller Epic Ranger weapons from EQ1. I messed up the quest to get them like three times, damn fast dwarf.

Same for me too!  Those were real quests!  Ohh the good old days....

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

Probably my Mechano-Hog, if not mainly because I sunk over 40,000g into it.

(About 20,000g for the profession of Engineering, and it didn't exactly help that I didn't have mining as a sub-profession, and another 20,000g for the actual Hog itself.)

So...many...dailies...ugh.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Rincewind's Luggage (well, that's what I called it anyway--it never called itself much of anything),  Just followed me around, carried my stuff, went away at logout and came running at login, snapped its lid at critturs and people.  Various crittur-like animations.

Close second was a refillable water cannon.  That was just good clean fun :)

Of course, neither has ever appeared in an MMO; both were uniquely-scripted auction props in GS4. You won't see many unique props with that 'massive' word in your title.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Playing a Monk in EverQuest, at the time the Cloak of Flames was the best haste item available, which dropped rarely from Lord Nagafen, the Dragon. It was my second attempt on Nagafen and I was with a small guild that had added other people on to create an adequate sized raid, me included, as I was unguilded at the time. Nagafen went down and the Cloak of Flames was one of the drops, the people there rolled /random 420 to see who would get the cloak and the highest roll was 418. People were congratulating that person when I asked if I was allowed to roll, as I wasn't a part of the guild that organized the raid. The answer was yes and I promptly /rolled and got a 419.

While I felt a bit bad for the guy who had been congratulated already, that Cloak lasted me all through the Kunark, Velious and Luclin expansions, and only after hitting the elemental planes in Planes of Power did I finally exchange it for a higher haste item.

That really was my most treasured item. It came as a surprise reward and lasted me for most of my life through EverQuest.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Winblade from EQ1

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Santa Hat from Runescape xD
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

The dagger from Ragnaros in vanilla WoW. People (well other rogues tbh) would ask left and right how to get it or just would tell how awesome it was heh.

Meh, the good old days when server communities existed, when people talked in guilds and made bonds, when guilds were even needed to get stuff done before all the x-realm crap came and annihilated the server communities and devastated the need to be in a guild... MEH. This thread first brought nice memories but then just made me angry :(

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kuinn

Meh, the good old days when server communities existed...

That's all right, it reminded me of even older days, when player/gm direct interaction sill existed.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

Great topic!

http://eq.magelo.com/item/7249 <- Blood Point from EQ1. My half-elf rogue caused so much trouble with this thing back in the day. Just cuz the heal proc could steal a lil' aggro.

Loved having such a unique item at the time. I know life siphon is a pretty common effect for items, skills, and spells in games now. But it was really cool have one pre-nerf and another after nerf and they both were a lil' different as well.

a yo ho ho

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

My elite king tusken rifle from SWG.

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121

Ultima online  pre and after trammel.

the only reason i did quitt was i really  played it for way  too long.

untouchable  still

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

For me its 2 items. In US Knight Online it would be a Glass Belt from my guild  and the +6 Mirage Sword CoolTang gave me to replace my +7 Durandal. That +6 Mirage sword was stained with the blood of thousands and thousands of poor humans at the hands of CoolTang!

Couple months later I broke it trying to upgrade it to +7..... a legendary sword gone forever!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    EQ1 Flowing Black Robe!

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    My party hat in Runescape. Heheh.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    not an item,  but when i finally got exalted with the Argent Crusade. 
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    My attachable penis from Second Life
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    My sunrider's destiny lightsaber crystal in SWG.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    My dimension hopping kittycat from the TSW halloween event x-D omg its too cute with its little tentacles
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

A grade 1 hand Hammer in Lineage 2 Kain server

was a server first item

took my guild many months all working together to get the mats created to make it

was sooo crazy for the times hahah

(Fallens Angels Kain server)

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69
    bunny orb from asherons call.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Vesavius

I know it wasn't high level or anything... but my Jboots.

My cleric's clicky was also right up there.

Was gonna post the same exact thing.  JBoots and my first Epic Weapon in EQ.  My first Epic was just the Rogue Epic, so it wasn't nearly as big a deal as some of the others (Rogue being so easy comparatively).  But it was my first, so it was (is) special.  =)