Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I think I'm done

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I'm shocked. Please don't stop playing. Your passive aggressive replies to certain posters in the past months would have been for nothing.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    16% world completion and you're done? Okay, I guess it didn't appeal to you as much as it did to me. What race did you pick?

imageimage
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by korent1991

I really don't get it what's with those "I'm leaving" and "I'm playing" threads...

Why do people have this urge to post something like that? Don't you have a gamer friend who you can share this news with and he actually might care?

Well I'm going out for breakfast now and then doing some grocery shopping. I'm leaving the house, but I will come back. I might play Guild Wars 2 today depending on my schedule.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    [mod edit]

All?

270 hours and counting.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    [mod edit]

All?

270 hours and counting.

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

To OP: You can always come back for the holiday events or when they eventually add the mini games in those might be some fun for you. But yeah, if you're not enjoying yourself you shouldn't feel forced to play. All aspects of the game don't appeal to everyone.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    [mod edit]

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Well I have to admit the initial spell of GW2 was pretty strong. More so than any MMO I have ever played. Alas... I logged in today after not playing for a couple weeks. I admit to being lured away by Torchlight 2, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and the recent Skyrim patch/DLC. Yes I know they are not mmos. Anyway so I logged in and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am done. Not much else to say. Got a Necro up to level 45 with articifer up to 225 but I just don't have it in me to take it any further. With 16% world completion there is absolutely no way I will ever find the motivation to continue. I remember swearing off themeparks after SWTOR. Well I'm going to try and swear them off again. We'll see. Anyway, back to the trusty single player/coop PC games. 

things  taken to extremes have a  high chance  to end up being of being routinne ...and as we routine is boring.

I was where you are  2 years ago , i had my fill  and  couldnt take any mmos anymore..(maybe our reasons differ though).

Im keen to play a full MMO title again ...but pfft  nothing out there motivates me to make a comeback .

Thought bout DF re release but argh i cant handle gankfest dimwits ...guess im too old for that shit  (maybe i will even take that

risk , and lose the last 10 hairstrings on my  queball:P).

PS: You did the best in  taking a break , this way you wont invest  endless hours into boredom...and you get morre time away from your PC/Console  remember life is short

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by Hell_Hammer

Hah, don't want to bash or anything...but I honestly don't understand these "I'm not playing this game anymore" threads.

Alright, you're done...why make a topic about it?

Agreed.  It seems really pointless.  QQ I quit.....and who cares?  After the second thread on this same topic....I just didn't give a shit anymore.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by stayontarget

So this is what it has come down to "well the game will be waiting for you if you decide to come back because its free ya know"?

You can say that to about 90% of the games out on the market now.

Funny thing is that once or twice a year, I get free game time from my subbed games. Rift, WoW, Anarchy Online, They have all given me free time. Ranging from a free weekend to up to 14 days. 

I mean that's not much, but it does let you experience some of the major events from time to time if that's all you want to do.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    [mod edit]
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Odd. Altho I can understand your disappointment with SWTOR, can't imagine why you feel that way about GW2. It's certainly not due to a lack of content, gotta level 77 and 48% complete. It's not due to a poor design, they've provided great solutions for every major issue a pve mmorpgamer like me has ever had in other games. Altho i can understand the allure of BL2, saying it's a single games fault for your dislike of themeparks after you spent your own money on something you even admit that you don't like, is just odd. :)
  • YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    [mod edit]
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    [mod edit]

hey he felt like to sharing it , so whats the biggie here?

you dont agree , ignore it  and have your own fun?  He didnt bash , and didnt QQ (wich is a pathetic way to show disagreement as a response).

Funny that this thread spreads   into  nonsense subtopics  like waht Swotor is ect ect. Some ppl are seriously confused .

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Hah, don't want to bash or anything...but I honestly don't understand these "I'm not playing this game anymore" threads.

"Hey!  Over here!  Look at me!  I have something to say even though it's completely meaningless!"

That's why people make topics like this.  That, and it's a way to bash the game if you want to look at it that way.

@OP - Yea, you're bored with the game.  Big deal.  Join the minority of those who have bought the game.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Originally posted by evolver1972

"Hey!  Over here!  Look at me!  I have something to say even though it's completely meaningless!"

That's why people make topics like this.  That, and it's a way to bash the game if you want to look at it that way.

@OP - Yea, you're bored with the game.  Big deal.  Join the minority of those who have bought the game.

Isn't that what every post is here? 'look at me i love the game so much and i am going to tell you this every day over and over again'.

OP didn't attack anyone personaly. . So why flame him?

Originally posted by Pumuckl71

you dont agree , ignore it  and have your own fun?  He didnt bash , and didnt QQ (wich is a pathetic way to show disagreement as a response).

Funny that this thread spreads   into  nonsense subtopics  like waht Swotor is ect ect. Some ppl are seriously confused .

Yes, he did.  Here's how:

He claimed to play the game at least part way through and then claimed he was bored.  So, what he is saying in a passive/aggressive way is that the game has nothing to offer beyond the beginning.  He posted that idea on a forum about gaming to make sure that as many people as possible on that forum saw that he was no longer interested in the game because the game had nothing to offer.

That is bashing the game.  Plain and simple.

I have no problem with people not liking the game.  That's their opinion.  But to go on a game's subforum and make a whole new topic about how lame he thinks the game is is just bashing the game.  Especially when he could have just posted a quick comment on the reviews and impressions part of the subforum.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    YOu are allowed to play other games I give you permission? lol heh anyways you arent suppose to play the same game for hours on end or the same game all the time on your free time. Their is more then one game. I play alot of different games but I just dont quit one of them cause another one comes out that I like better. Sounds like you dont know what you want. You named atleast 4 different games there in the first paragraph.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    I've cleaned this thread up a little bit. Yes, we've seen threads like this before. That is, however, not reason to attack the OP or make posts bashing the game (ANY game) without any sort of substance to your argument.   

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Originally posted by halflife25

Isn't that what every post is here? 'look at me i love the game so much and i am going to tell you this every day over and over again'.

I didn't consider Hell_Hammer's response to be flaming.  I think it's a very valid question.  The OP can post his opinion in the Reviews section of the game and be 1 more voice.  Instead he decided to call attention to himself by effectively bashing the game.  Why wouldn't someone question his motives?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

What matters to people is if the game is fun for them. If it isn't, they don't care whether they'll have to pay sub or not, because they didn't like it. Chances are that the next time they'll bother to try the game they will have to pay for it, because it'll be when next expansion is released. Because GW2 will get more cash from you when they release expansions.

I wont pay sub since I get nothing in return. It's like walking to your local store, give money for the cashier and walk out without taking anything from the store. I dont like paying money for nothing, does not matter if it's 2$ or 10$ or 123423$.

What about expansions? Ofcourse it will cost money, it's an expansion. Pick any game and expansion will cost money. In sub based games you pay for an expansion every 3-4 months without even getting anything + then you pay a full price for actual expansions when they are being released. You might aswell start mooing.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Pumuckl71

Yes, he did.  Here's how:

He claimed to play the game at least part way through and then claimed he was bored.  So, what he is saying in a passive/aggressive way is that the game has nothing to offer beyond the beginning.  He posted that idea on a forum about gaming to make sure that as many people as possible on that forum saw that he was no longer interested in the game because the game had nothing to offer.

That is bashing the game.  Plain and simple.

I have no problem with people not liking the game.  That's their opinion.  But to go on a game's subforum and make a whole new topic about how lame he thinks the game is is just bashing the game.  Especially when he could have just posted a quick comment on the reviews and impressions part of the subforum.

which is a continueing trend on these boards accross all games.. they have a reviews/impressions section for this type of stuff but many do post in the general forums to "get more attention" it seems or they just don't know about the subforum or they just misposted..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by halflife25

I didn't consider Hell_Hammer's response to be flaming.  I think it's a very valid question.  The OP can post his opinion in the Reviews section of the game and be 1 more voice.  Instead he decided to call attention to himself by effectively bashing the game.  Why wouldn't someone question his motives?

Look at he post of Amana above you. People whes post their view on review and impression section they still get flamed. So problem is not where OP is posting but agressive fans as usual who can not tolerate others opinion especially when negative.

best part is 'who cares' response. And they will post this in every 'i quite' thread.

@evolver ; being bored of a games content is no idication of bashing, flip flop it like you want.

however i do understand you being tired of hearing  constant negatives  bout a title you enjoy.

But nitpicking words and putting them into an personal viewpoint ... is cheesy and cheap. 

Suck it it down

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by AmbrosiaAmor

Originally posted by korent1991 I really don't get it what's with those "I'm leaving" and "I'm playing" threads... Why do people have this urge to post something like that? Don't you have a gamer friend who you can share this news with and he actually might care?

Well I'm going out for breakfast now and then doing some grocery shopping. I'm leaving the house, but I will come back. I might play Guild Wars 2 today depending on my schedule.

Where do you live? You got anything valuable in your house? What time do you think your coming back? Dos your house have a security system?

Thx for the info.

Have a good time shoping and take your time :-)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty