Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Release Date Announced at SOE Live Keynote

2»

Comments

• The-Blade2kThe-Blade2k Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Robokapp

You Only Launch Once.

and this won't go well in the long run.

I laughed with this one, pls see FF XIV :P

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

From reading this thread it seems as if SOE are going, once again, to release an unfinished buggy product how does this company survive is amazing, here's their gameography.

EQ : first of its kind so can be forgiven for probably being buggy

BUT

SWG: Severely buggy, unfinished with very little content.

EQ2: Unoptimised engine made the game unplayable for many thus handing the market to Blizzard.

Vanguard: Same problem as EQ2 but with a ton of missing and broken content and Kojan still being only half a continent.

Pirates Of The Burning Sea: Buggy and unfinished with again an unoptimised engine.

DC Universe Online: Playable but buggy with very little content so players had finished everything within 3 weeks.

Planetside 2: Seems to be going down the same road of unfinished and buggy as hell.

EQ & EQ2 xpacs: released buggy with litle cxontent for a premium price that at one time were released twice a year.

Free2Play: The worst implimentation of F2P I've seen all they had to do was copy Turbine's lead, but no lets make it as restrictive as possible and then spam the player every 10 seconds to "upgrade" missing the point of f2p me thinks.

PS1 and The Matrix: I don't have much knowledge of but I con only imagine they were the same.

Having many of their games put on life support with no updates or promotion.

How the hell has this company survived the past decade or so? how the hell is John Smedly still in a job? when his decisions handed the whole MMO market to a competitor and then spent the next 8 years trying to copy that competitor pissing of fans of his games in the process. The only company that releases regular small expacs that piss off the player base but they still buy them. Its the same shit different day, I play shitty f2p games that work better than any SOE game at release. Also where is the critique from the MMO media about the abysmall record of this company? Has Smed got pictures of the editors with their pants down and their hands on the arse of a sheep of something?

For the record I'm not an ex-SWG vet only played it briefly in circa '09 and have enjoyed playing SOE games especially EQ2 and VG but have always come to them when they were fixed up years later, but from reading MMORPG.com and other sites SOE's record is second to none in releases crappy performing and unplayable games it amazes me they are stil in business.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Boognishe
    Too soon..

yep. way too soon.

they said release would have 4 continents not 3. eg, they rushed it.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Boognishe
    Too soon..

For me is out of question, I do not play 1st person games. This will be one of very rare (if any) mmo's in 1st only as I have understood.

• XanderxavierXanderxavier Member UncommonPosts: 25
    ya to soon, when will sony learn releasing early IS NOT a good thing, for them, their money or the game