Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever paid for multiple accounts for a single MMORPG?

1235»

Comments

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Nadia

Everquest            - 3 accounts

Everquest 2         - 4 accounts  (but 1 was a trash acct for RAF)

World of Warcraft 4 accounts (but 2 were trash accts for RAF)

never paid for multiaccounts long term,  probably 3 months duration max

Yup :-)  2 accounts for EQ for boxing =D

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I had three accounts for Darkfall...yes, Darkfall.  Two originally - one for regular farming/pvp, one for mining/logging/alignment (back before praying and all that jazz).  I transferred one to EU for some reason I can't remember, then forgot the account info.  Bought another account, used it for various crap.  Forgot the info on one of the remaining two, so I'm back to one...

You'd think I'd write this stuff down somewhere and not trust myself to just remember it.  Hardcore gamer right here...

• MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I once had 4 accounts on Everquest and Everquest 2.  In EQ2 I had 2 "main" accounts and the other 2 were just for a refer-a-friend mount giveaway promotion.

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• LeegOfChldrnLeegOfChldrn Member Posts: 364

I consider myself quite hardcore, and my nephew even hardercore. Yet I've never come even close to something like 12 accounts.

WoW, I believe, is my closest achievement. On one Bnet account, Ive had 4 active accounts. I've also multi-boxed a full group (5 accounts) all with RAF.

So basically, I have 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, and AutoHotKey macroer. I hit a button and all 4 accounts (4 hunters) follow my Druid (Tank Healer), and on another button they all attack my target.

With RAF, I get triple XP and can solo dungeons by myself. When I get all to max RAF level, I can free level any 2 characters I have to that level. (2 levels = 1 free level.... 4 characters = 2 characters free leveled). So it takes me very, very little time to get to that max RAF level and then free level 2 alts instantly, with the final result of 3 characters on my main account at max RAF level in lightning speed.

I'm sure I've multi-boxed more than that before, but I really don't remember much else besides multi-boxing on Dark Age of Camelot with a healer bot.

That isn't to say I haven't had plenty of times where I subscribed or paid for multiple (typically 4) copies of a video game. I always buy the 4-packs for video games like Left 4 Dead, L4D2, Payday: the Heist, etc. I give one to myself, one to my nephew, and two to my brothers. Ironically, only me and my nephew ever really play together.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469
    Yup.  PotBS... for a month or two.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I had a buffbot account once when i played DAoC--

Also 2 accounts for GW1 to play with my daughter, but there where no subs required.

I am glad the old DAoC days of buffbot accounts are over.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)