Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's coming back?

grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

My sub has not technically run out yet, so I can honestly say I never really left.

I am interested to know who is coming back when it does go F2P next month.  I am currently playing GW2 but plan to play TOR again with the incoming change.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Oh I will. I'll finish the story of two of my characters. I think I finished my main. I actually enjoyed the game quite a bit when I played.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

me personally, depends on the free to play.. because the only thing i will play will be the pve portion for the stories only.

forget the pvp, or the raids.

the social/rp community makes me wonder if its even alive at this point the ones that i followed vanished or bailed to other mmos.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I play on Jung Ma and it still has a good RP community.   Just rather unpopulated as of late.  Hence, why I am looking forward to next month.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Not even if you paid me.
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Not even if you paid me.

So you would be choice 5 then?

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Not going to play it again because there are simply too many limitations for free players.

No end-game, and only 1 pvp match a day. If I were to play it free, the only thing I'd want to do is a bunch of pvp matches.

F2P...you still can open world PVP if you are on a PVP server I believe.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by grimal
    I play on Jung Ma and it still has a good RP community.   Just rather unpopulated as of late.  Hence, why I am looking forward to next month.

Same here. Still playing and plan on staying.

Gotta say, grats to those 14.3% of people that aren't afraid to admit they're just here for trolling.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Nothings changed so there isn't much reason to, so:

"No I do not intend to come back, but who knows?"

I'll hang out for awhile and wait.  I want an awesome Star Wars experience, and this game needs to distance itself from WoW before it can start healing.

The F2P restrictions aren't really tempting me to come back and see my characters again anyways.  Too restrictive for folks who already bought the box.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Im just guessing that the OP is just looking to see how many people are going to be coming back and if he should re sub. It is a barren game, in a barren state. F2P will boost numbers for a month and then drop back down again.

Go ahead bro, resub. You dont need to make a whole thread to make that decision.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by moguy2

Im just guessing that the OP is just looking to see how many people are going to be coming back and if he should re sub. It is a barren game, in a barren state. F2P will boost numbers for a month and then drop back down again.

Go ahead bro, resub. You dont need to make a whole thread to make that decision.

Did your read OP's post? They're currently playing.

Umm, guess you didn't read my OP (even though it was quite short).  I have been subbed since early access.  My sub has not run out.....so how could I resub?

Umm, guess you didn't read my OP (even though it was quite short).  I have been subbed since early access.  My sub has not run out.....so how could I resub?

You said " Technically your sub has not run out yet". Lets play a match of words here but to me it says you cut off the sub but have time left. THAT is what it says. Twist it all you want but it is what IT IS. You need validation for resubing.I get it. Just do it. OR just keep drilling into this. SWTOR is a game that anyone can walk away from at any time because of what it lacks. 

Originally posted by Draron

Did you read it? Let me quote.. " My sub has not TECHNICALLY RAN OUT YET "  What does that mean to you?? It means he cancelled but can still play. 

People need validation. As does the OP. He wants to make sure his x amount of dollars is not going to waste. Read through the lines. I deal with people on a daily basis that need ME to make their decisions for them. This is another one.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The way I see it, they not fixed the issues that chased me and a lot of folks from the game.  They can take it free to play but it still has parts of it that sucks, and until they fix the suckage parts I am not interested.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

My sub has not technically run out yet, so I can honestly say I never really left.

I am interested to know who is coming back when it does go F2P next month.  I am currently playing GW2 but plan to play TOR again with the incoming change.

curious what type of game you consider swtor.. i couldn't imagine you consider it a mmorpg... played like a co-op srpg to me when I played personally

as for the OP if they add actual space combat i'd consider it but till then probably not.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Draron

Did you read it? Let me quote.. " My sub has not TECHNICALLY RAN OUT YET "  What does that mean to you?? It means he cancelled but can still play. 

People need validation. As does the OP. He wants to make sure his x amount of dollars is not going to waste. Read through the lines. I deal with people on a daily basis that need ME to make their decisions for them. This is another one.

If I may,  It could very well mean that is sub is still active but the OP does not log in as much now? 

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Not even if you paid me.

/cancels $700 / hour contract offer to Istavaan...

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I wont be back..

If I were to take on another mmorpg right now,it'd be Rift.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Don't plan on coming back unless there will be a crazy NGE for swtor and lots of things change which is very unlikely, but ya I don't plan on coming back at the launch of F2P. I still have to laugh at John Ricellito of his comments towards Blizzard/Activision. LOL.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Istavaan Not even if you paid me.

^This^

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• BasementcrawlerBasementcrawler Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Don't plan on coming back unless there will be a crazy NGE for swtor and lots of things change which is very unlikely, but ya I don't plan on coming back at the launch of F2P. I still have to laugh at John Ricellito of his comments towards Blizzard/Activision. LOL.

Who ever thought we will see a day when people are asking for an NGE? Myan end days really are here and I think Elvis is delivering my pizza.

It really has gotten that bad hasn't it?

To answer this thread, I'm with this guy. Not without a TOR version of NGE or should we say reverse NGE.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Definitely not. Was curious when I heard they were going F2P, but after seeing their model it's impossible to take EA seriously with this game.

There's no shortage of games atm to waste my money on. I might as well do it w/ games that are new & fun, rather than on one that was kinda fun for a time, but got bored quickly.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Nope.

EA Louse was right.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I will never play this ever again...unless a lot of other people do then I might. - 3.8%

I guess we are in the minority >.>

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"