Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wanted to like it...I really really did

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

OK, here is my take on GW2:

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

Comments

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    well... it's a pvp game.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by bigsmiff

I find myself logging in just to hit the next level. I am currently level 36 and I am hitting a massive boredom wall. I find the crafting horrible, the quests redundant, the same old mobs in different zones and the auction house is totally useless since you can't craft anything that sells.

The plus side of the game is the exploration, but that isn't enough to keep me playing. I am sure Anet will eventually make the game great, but I am going to have to move on until they do.

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    it's a decent game imo.  but, it lacks longevity.  by lvl 30 your character has learned all the weapon skills and the majority of utility skills.  combat gets too repetitive.  heart quests get tiresome,  events become same old,  and there is a lack of goals for you to strive for.  i think Anet did a good job laying the foundation for what could be a great game,  but right now it lacks in some major areas.  namely re-playability and longevity.  luckily it was buy to play so i can log in when i get bored with other games.
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by muffins89
    it's a decent game imo.  but, it lacks longevity.  by lvl 30 your character has learned all the weapon skills and the majority of utility skills.  combat gets too repetitive.  heart quests get tiresome,  events become same old,  and there is a lack of goals for you to strive for.  i think Anet did a good job laying the foundation for what could be a great game,  but right now it lacks in some major areas.  namely re-playability and longevity.  luckily it was buy to play so i can log in when i get bored with other games.

Exactly...

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

I knew this by playing beta 1, at this time everyone believed it will be the second coming of MMO messiah.

Why do you think there is no trial available?

Why do you think there is no sub available?

Count 1+1

What game ever does have a free trial immediately after release? You normally dont see trials for 6 months to 1 year after releas. Saying that this implies something about GW2 is just utter nonsense.

GW1 was also no-sub. They wanted to continue with that system. Lots of games offer a lot less for a monthly sub. Some offer more, but not very many.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

I am not sorry I bought it. And...I didn't say I wouldn't try it again later. I am just commenting on my current interest.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I just want to take the time to thank you for adding to the sales count and helping to fund future development for my game.

you might as well thank the hundreds of thousands of bots as well.  without them the sales numbers would have been less impressive at launch.

Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    [mod edit]

And your point? I would take the crafting in SWG NGE over the content in any of todays current MMO's. At least it could keep you interested for longer than a month.

SWG NGE had everything that I like in an MMO:

1. Deep crafting system

2. Dungeons

3. Exploration

4. Best housing system in any MMO

5. Great space content

6. No grinding unless that's what you wanted to do

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by muffins89

you might as well thank the hundreds of thousands of bots as well.  without them the sales numbers would have been less impressive at launch.

Hundreds of thousands? Thats just amusing as hell. I see youre yet another one who never actually played and just thinks they know something they saw some troll post on a forum.

There were very few bots at launch. They increased over time, and most of those were hacked accounts, which were sold to legit players. Not bought by bots.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I hear ya....

I really really really wanted to like LOTRO, got lifetime sub, I was buying all expansions, but after several tries I just couldn't make myself  even to log into it.  My highest toon is 63 I think... and I have few other alts, so it's not like I did not give a try.

I love Tolkien World and lore, hah I have a framed golden map of Middle Earth hang above my fireplace,  but I just could not get the feeling that I am part of the world.  I tried, tried and tried an finally gave up. This was not it.

I found this incredible connection in SWTOR... here I live lifes of my characters, to the degree I had never ever in any game... I even started to write my own stories LOL. It just clicked.

My point is that game has to have  this special something that makes you thrilled with anticipation every time you log in. Otherwise it's just a temporary thing.

Everybody has a different "need" for this thrill. That's why it's so great that there are so many different MMOs that we can hopefully find what we are looking for.

I wish you find MMO which will click for you :) Keep looking image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Dont worry OP, better games are comming.image
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    [mod edit]

I guess people just like to fight for their game of choice rather than encourage positive threads that talk about whats to love about said game.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar
    [mod edit]

I guess people just like to fight for their game of choice rather than encourage positive threads that talk about whats to love about said game.

not really if you notice it's mostly people who agree with the OP giving each other virtual high fives.. but misery loves company and yadda yadda

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

[mod edit]

The best part about that thread you linked was half the replies are gw2 fans saying "here come the trolls!!!lol brace for impact!!!" The number of those posts actually outnumbered the number of negative posts haha /cheers

Originally posted by Foomerang

[mod edit]

The best part about that thread you linked was half the replies are gw2 fans saying "here come the trolls!!!lol brace for impact!!!" The number of those posts actually outnumbered the number of negative posts haha /cheers

this is true guess they decided to make their own threads instead:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

I got a refund.. guess I'm outta the sales count

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by Aerowyn lol      gotta love it this thread was posted couple hours ago has 6 replies http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/367646/Very-good-game.html this one was posted couple min ago and already on page 2.. just another thread to show how this webpage feeds off negativity
    this is true guess they decided to make their own threads instead:)

Hehe yeah youre probably right.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

My account has been gone to another. For a small fee of couseimage

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

think it's horrible ANET gives refunds to the likes of these people but guess they are a pretty good company in that regard.

WOW...are you OK? I am not bashing the game at all, but you come on these forums being rude to anyone that doesn't like the game. I only made this thread to maybe help give someone some insight on the game...same as anyone else that discusses a game here.

WOW...are you OK? I am not bashing the game at all, but you come on these forums being rude to anyone that doesn't like the game. I only made this thread to maybe help give someone some insight on the game...same as anyone else that discusses a game here.

you can read my post history i only get on certain people that are obviously trolling(not saying you are trolling at all).. and besides i think it is obsurd people can play this game for more hours than most single player games offer and still get a refund.. that's being VERY generous of ANET  imho 

Can a mod please close this thread? I don't know why I even bothered with my opinion...
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    It's not for everyone, no game is. but it doesn't lack longevity or content to me..it's just the right fit for me.
  • DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

To OP:

I am sorry that you have not found enough enjoyment in GW2. I myself am still having fun, have an 80 and working on an alt here and there. I will fully admit it's going to take some work to get the game to appeal to more people/have a sense of longevity. To me most MMO's rarely have an actual sense of longevity, despite maybe older type sandbox games, but that was mostly spent just making your own stuff to do. To me, hitting end game and running raids, and hitting endgame and farming Orr...are pretty much the same thing, so I was expecting it. It's really matter of perspective and what one enjoys. Exploration is fun, but even I can admit it can get old. Hopefully they will add enough content that you can once again enjoy it, until then good luck in your MMO adventures :D

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Dont worry OP, better games are comming.image

Keep saying that and one day your life will be over.