Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R.I.P Dorfs! (hudwarves and hitboxes)

AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Suddenly dissapointed.

I was looking forward to rolling up a new dwarf and playing DF:UW (DF2, DF2010).

I decide to log into the free month and it says my account is not active so I head to the forum  and read some bad news.

When I looked at the new screenshots I thought the orc looked rather odd but I wasn't worried since I didn't plan to play one.  The reason it looked odd is because they have "normalized" hit boxes.  While this might be great for gameplay it means that all the races have been uglified.

Dwarves are gone and replaced with man-dwarves. . they tried to make it make sense lore wise but it was a strech.

Still going to play but for me it is a loss.

R.I.P. Dorfs!

EDIT:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=330069

also alfar are changing etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

The comment by KoKane made me laugh "R.I.P. Dwarves and Ginger Magician. Even when not playing, he gets owned."

I used to play a Mirdain so I was never really attached to the Alfar or Dwarf race. They made the Mirdain look a little better too. With that being said, I'm not surprise that AV would take such measure. Rather, it makes me wonder just how many times have they cut corners for DFUW, now. I suspect this is only the tip of the iceberg.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I'm still trying to figure out wtf the human males were thinking.  Start doin' the nasty with dorf chicks...that's desperation right there.
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by jdlamson75
    I'm still trying to figure out wtf the human males were thinking.  Start doin' the nasty with dorf chicks...that's desperation right there.
    You only say that because you've never had Dwarven "meat", it rocks your world! Handles both on the back and the front.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Human Males...

I saw Snow White...

7 Male dwarves going around saying Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work we go.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    mind posting pic of the new hybrid race?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

http://i.imgur.com/6BU67.jpg

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Hancakes

WTF!?!

Talk about Lazy!! this is more reason for why I perfer not to have Aim based combat.. all of this seem to be based around that crappy combat system.

yeah its fun at times, but limits the gameplay so much.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Not impressed.

The new Orcs look like shit, and now I can't even go with my secondary race choice either. Not a fan of Humans, Mirdain or Mahirim and Alfar will look absurd if they mess with the height of the race.

Ugh...

• DarkwoodDarkwood Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I was hoping to make dwarf female. image
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Did you guys (Particularly MMOExposed) seriously get trolled into thinking that picture is what it actually looks like?

Just download the fan kit off of the UW site. They have a few srceens in there of the game, and right now just humans and orks, including a shot of human vs ork. Unfortunately they didnt include the rest of the races in it, but you can at least compare those 2.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

The comment by KoKane made me laugh "R.I.P. Dwarves and Ginger Magician. Even when not playing, he gets owned."

lol

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Haha Hancakes, you made me burst out laughing.

Good one :)

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    :( I really liked DF dwarves, they felt dwarfy!
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by wartyxwt
    :( I really liked DF dwarves, they felt dwarfy!

Best part of dwarves: riding around in a herd of 40-50 dwarves all of them with emotes macroed all yelling "RAAAAAAAAAWR!" (taunt_04 IIRC) at the same time over and over as you travel across the continent.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Hmm hope dwarfs are dwarfs, I like playing them with me being short hairy and northern.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Don't think of it as Dwarfs getting taller, its just the other races got shorter.
  • jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

Originally posted by jdlamson75

You only say that because you've never had Dwarven "meat", it rocks your world! Handles both on the back and the front.

That, sir, is more information on fornication than I wished to process.  Thank you.

• BenjimonBenjimon Member Posts: 8
    Your account said it's not active, mine too, did you get in to the game? If so how?! Support isn't reponding to me. :/
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Did you guys (Particularly MMOExposed) seriously get trolled into thinking that picture is what it actually looks like?

Just download the fan kit off of the UW site. They have a few srceens in there of the game, and right now just humans and orks, including a shot of human vs ork. Unfortunately they didnt include the rest of the races in it, but you can at least compare those 2.

Humm the games coming out in weeks and all they have to show is a few screens of orcs and humans, this isn't putting up any red flags to you?

• Furion-HunterFurion-Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Get ready for the Norns of df?