Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Baresark

AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

They finally posted "gameplay" video showcasing one of the "role" called "Baresark" and no, I didn't mispell that one.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3335:ohno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG40NPkI4rA&feature=g-u-u

I guess calling it Berseker made too much sense.

With that being said, graphically the game looks a bit better and I'm actually glad Aventurine proved me wrong on the melee I expected them to just leave melee as is (with the current DF1.0 skills) for DFUW, but they've actually made new skills for the classes, and given melee characters a mean to close the gap between them and their target (with a charge-like attack, which was non-existent in DarkFall 1.0).

On a side note, they should've named the second skill (Stomp) to something more ... fitting. It's an AoE pushback skill, so something along the name of a Shout would've made a bit more sense.

I'm also a bit sad that they removed so many skills from the game. I hope they'll leave a few non role-restricted skills in  for fun. I'm referring to this paragraph from their blog :

"The new roles system introduced in Darkfall Unholy Wars requires the player to pick up a role, along with 2 schools from that specific role. One of the schools is set by the player as the primary and the other as the secondary, and each school contains 4 skills/spells, and the ultimate, the most powerful in that school."

Edit : Added link to blog.

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Good.  I like that they have sub-roles in each main role.  I was curious if it was going to be strictly 2Hers rule in melee again.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    pure awsomeness!!!!!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

When I saw that Baresark knock the (NPC?) off the cliff I knew I'd found a class to love, especially if it works on players the same.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Looks good. I might actually start keeping an eye on this.

More than the role though I like the interface, it's been a while since I last looked at Darkfall but back then it was a mess. It looks sleek now.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Now I just need to know how easy it is to switch between roles... I personally hope it is a long CD so it is not easy to switch  whenever.... please be 24-168hour CD lol.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Kyleran

When I saw that Baresark knock the (NPC?) off the cliff I knew I'd found a class to love, especially if it works on players the same.

It was probably just a player standing still so yes, it will work on players. Rather, I'd actually wonder if it will work on monsters instead. Knockback skills in DF1.0 weren't very effective in PvE (the monster was barely pushed at all while a player would fly very high)

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

Did you guys notice the compareness of this and LOL?

Here you get 4 spells/skills 1 being the ulti...... Totally like LOL.

But you have it 2 times.... Like having 2 champs. :) But with focus on 1 of them...

I believe this is done so perfectly well.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by mikethk

But you have it 2 times.... Like having 2 champs. :) But with focus on 1 of them...

I think you're looking a bit too far into this...

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Looks pretty funky.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    With fall damage able to kill you now, stomp will be dangerous to foes on hillsides.  Better hope you have a slowfall spell qued.
  • mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

No dude, its true... And why not? LOL is the best combat game we have.... So why shouldent AV implement and increase this system to there game?

Ppl aint stupid. If RIOT makes the most popular game, ofc. AV learns from it. And maybe make it even better i dont know.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Wow that new UI looks fucking awesome!

Steam: Neph

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

No dude, its true... And why not? LOL is the best combat game we have.... So why shouldent AV implement and increase this system to there game?

Ppl aint stupid. If RIOT makes the most popular game, ofc. AV learns from it. And maybe make it even better i dont know.

GW1 = 7 skills + 1 "Ult"

GW2 = 9 skills + 1 "Ult"

There's a ton of other games that use this too; we could start with every single MOBA of which LoL is hardly the first.  Seriously you're looking at this through LoL colored glasses.  It's hardly unique to that game.

Steam: Neph

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Wow, it looks like a completely different game (in a good sense). good job AV!
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Baresark?

Bare Sark?

BEAR SHARK!

Also, apparently in their version of English, Stomp means spread out your arms so a flash of light can knock people back.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

wow..I'm really thouroughly impressed with AV

The UI looks really good and i LOVE that they're giving melee special ''abilities'' to make it a much more interesting role to play than what it was in df1

Looking good can't wait for release in 1 month!

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Kyleran

It was probably just a player standing still so yes, it will work on players. Rather, I'd actually wonder if it will work on monsters instead. Knockback skills in DF1.0 weren't very effective in PvE (the monster was barely pushed at all while a player would fly very high)

It was definitely a player.  The knockback skill worked on NPC's at _release_ of Darkfall but was quickly abused by players to glitch mobs so they were easily killed.  It is safe to assume that the knockback effects will NOT work in PVE.

And the baresark thing is a scandinavian word.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    So we know there are 4 roles and each role has 4 specializations.. I think sieges are going to bhe a lot different than df 1
  • IcarumbaIcarumba Member UncommonPosts: 50

I'm actually pretty impressed with this video. The UI looks INFINITELY better than it is right now and the graphics are without a doubt better as well.

Anyone notice anything different about animations? I thought they were going to have an animation overhaul, but the running looks the same to me.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Will be at least 14 useable skills at one time, hopefully more. 

but darkfall was technically 100 so some people understandably feel the game has been dumbed down.

my blog post ont he subject;

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Consensus/102012/24051_Darkfall-UH-info-analysis-game-mechanics-

My blog: image

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Icarumba

I'm actually pretty impressed with this video. The UI looks INFINITELY better than it is right now and the graphics are without a doubt better as well.

Anyone notice anything different about animations? I thought they were going to have an animation overhaul, but the running looks the same to me.

The animation for movement looks vastly improved to me.

• Justin9820Justin9820 Member Posts: 49
    Its funny that since they mentioned ultimate ive seen LoL mentioned multiple times. You people are worse than apple.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    UI looks good, hope it cuts down on the need for macro/scripts.
  • goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412
    Originally posted by Aviggin

Baresark?

Bare Sark?

BEAR SHARK!

Also, apparently in their version of English, Stomp means spread out your arms so a flash of light can knock people back.

He's clearly stomping the sky. With his fists. Causing the sky to fall. And knock people back.

It's very common bearshark behaviour.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Has there been any talk if scripts can no longer be used?