Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: 'Shadow of the Mad King' Event Teased with New Video

2»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by EvilGeek

Evnts in GW are great fun, really looking forward to seeing what they do in GW2, also looking forward to seeing what new content they add. I'm disappointed by the use of RNG for the halloween weapon skins, I detest RNG for bought items, it's a gamble and I'm never very lucky at gambling, gambling should never be bought in to games like this. I'd much rather they went in to the shop. It's starting to feel exploitative, it's the kind of thing they never had to do in GW, I understand GW2 cost way more but having already spent more than a monthly sub in the shop I'm not impressed.

Nobody twisted your arm to buy items in the CS. You did it all on your own. Stop playing the victim here since you are not a victim.

Halloween should be fun and I am looking forward to it - just like every year in GW1.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by fundayz

Originally posted by EvilGeek Evnts in GW are great fun, really looking forward to seeing what they do in GW2, also looking forward to seeing what new content they add. I'm disappointed by the use of RNG for the halloween weapon skins, I detest RNG for bought items, it's a gamble and I'm never very lucky at gambling, gambling should never be bought in to games like this. I'd much rather they went in to the shop. It's starting to feel exploitative, it's the kind of thing they never had to do in GW, I understand GW2 cost way more but having already spent more than a monthly sub in the shop I'm not impressed.
    You're kidding right?   Nobody forced you to spend any money whatsoever on the cash shop nor are any of the shop necessary to enjoy the game. if you can't control your spending urges that's not ArenaNet's fault.
    I'm referencing the fact that they've already had more money off of me since the games release, which is more coffers in their pot. I don't resent paying a dime, what I do resent is RNG in cash shop items.
    That is what I am confronting. You shouldn't feel resentment towards something that you are not entitled to.
    Lol now your not making much sense. What am I not entitled too? A solid return for my hard earned money? Or do you think its perfectly fine to have RNG on a bought item that you could well spend loads of money on and get absolutely nothing you value from? It's a lottery, a gamble.

Keys are an incredibly rare drop, I've played hundreds of hours and I've only had them for zone completion and as a reward from a chest, realistically, unless they massively increase their drop rate over the holiday, the only way to open any amount of chests is to use the gem store.

Using gambling (RNG) is a low trick to exploit the players desire for something, it's going to bring them more money than selling them directly in the shop,otherwise why aren't they doing that?

I love the game and Anet but this is a poor decision IMHO.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Originally posted by EvilGeek Evnts in GW are great fun, really looking forward to seeing what they do in GW2, also looking forward to seeing what new content they add. I'm disappointed by the use of RNG for the halloween weapon skins, I detest RNG for bought items, it's a gamble and I'm never very lucky at gambling, gambling should never be bought in to games like this. I'd much rather they went in to the shop. It's starting to feel exploitative, it's the kind of thing they never had to do in GW, I understand GW2 cost way more but having already spent more than a monthly sub in the shop I'm not impressed.
    You're kidding right?   Nobody forced you to spend any money whatsoever on the cash shop nor are any of the shop necessary to enjoy the game. if you can't control your spending urges that's not ArenaNet's fault.
    I'm referencing the fact that they've already had more money off of me since the games release, which is more coffers in their pot. I don't resent paying a dime, what I do resent is RNG in cash shop items.
    That is what I am confronting. You shouldn't feel resentment towards something that you are not entitled to.
    Lol now your not making much sense. What am I not entitled too? A solid return for my hard earned money? Or do you think its perfectly fine to have RNG on a bought item that you could well spend loads of money on and get absolutely nothing you value from? It's a lottery, a gamble.

Keys are an incredibly rare drop, I've played hundreds of hours and I've only had them for zone completion and as a reward from a chest, realistically, unless they massively increase their drop rate over the holiday, the only way to open any amount of chests is to use the gem store.

Using gambling (RNG) is a low trick to exploit the players desire for something, it's going to bring them more money than selling them directly in the shop,otherwise why aren't they doing that?

They had it in GW1 - Rock - Paper - Scissors and also rolling dice in town - gambling did occur. They did eventually kill that.

• fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

You are not entitled to telling ArenaNet how to run their company.

Yes I do think it's perfectly fine for the boxes be a gamble because nobody is tricking you or focing you into buying them. They make it clear that it's a gamble and it's your choice whether you want to participate or not. You are just bitter because you the event is not being run the way you want it being run.

If a specific item was required in order to enjoy ro participate the event then you would have a point, but you don't on both regards.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by botrytis
    They had it in GW1 - Rock - Paper - Scissors and also rolling dice in town - gambling did occur. They did eventually kill that.

None of that was paid for by real cash though.

Honestly I am looking forward to seeing all the amazing stuff they have lined up for us and excited to see what the mad king has become.

I don't get why people are reading my post as though I feel like a victim? I was just trying to get across that yes they've had additional income beyond the game purchase coming in, maybe I could have worded it better? I have no resentment about my purchases at all, I'm loving the game and feel it deserves my support. This is the first thing I've felt strongly negative about.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

i dont care about events, but i had the luck to be active at the April's fool day extra quests at GW1, and i loved them !, i hope the acts will be something similar ^^

• Shadows59Shadows59 Member Posts: 47
    Looks to be a fun event. Hope it is as cool as the GW1 events. 

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

You are not entitled to telling ArenaNet how to run their company.

Yes I do think it's perfectly fine for the boxes be a gamble because nobody is tricking you or focing you into buying them. They make it clear that it's a gamble and it's your choice whether you want to participate or not. You are just bitter because you the event is not being run the way you want it being run.

If a specific item was required in order to enjoy ro participate the event then you would have a point, but you don't on both regards.

I think you are taking it way to far here. It is a valid oppinion to be against RNG in a cash shop, it is a valid concern to have to wonder about that things like that happend, and it i a costumers right and obligation to raise these concerns. As a costumer he should state what he prefer. Why you are in such a hurry to state what he does is wrong. I don't get it. Is every thing that ArenaNet does perfect or what?

personal i don't mind the RNG in the weapon skins- i just don't like the chests firsthand. I would prefer if everything that you get in them where accessable without RNG.   

• BobRichmondBobRichmond Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by jondifoo
    ...I would prefer if everything that you get in them where accessable without RNG... 

Well since you can buy gems with in-game currency nobody needs spends real money at all. Oh and yes it takes time to get a lot of in-game currency, but did you expect to get valued items for free or with little effort?

Bob