Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: SOE Partners with Runewaker on Dragon's Prophet

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

SOE president John Smedley announced their partnership with Runes of Magic developer, Runewaker Entertainment, on a new free-to-play fantasy sandbox MMO titled 'Dragon's Prophet'.

Dragon's Prophet will feature over 300 dragons, including eight majestic types, action-combat, and even non-instanced player owned territory. This includes plots of land for individual players and guilds and even the ability for alliances to go out and vie for control of sections of the game's frontier, becoming lords in the process.

Four classes will be available at launch, including the warrior, ranger, priest, and mage, though players will all start as DPS classes. Class roles are earned by imbueing your character with dragon's captured in the wild. Players can even switch combat roles in combat by switching out different dragon pets.

The beta for Dragon's Prophet is set to begin early next year, with a release date sometime in 2013.

Comments

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    John Smedley is pumping out them MMO's [mod edit] sooner or later this dudes gota hit a "winner" with one of these 1billion mmos they keep throwing at us
  • MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Looks intresting. Tho i doubt it reaches the quality of reall SOE games like everquest. And i mean that content wise

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by MikeB

SOE president John Smedley announced their partnership with Runes of Magic developer, Runewaker Entertainment, on a new free-to-play fantasy sandbox MMO titled 'Dragon's Prophet'

and its features is what I'm curious about.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

holy crap another pvp mmo but this time a sandbox one..

Thank you SOE..

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

lmao

SOE must be in trouble if they have to convert all their titles to F2P and start partnering up with taiwanese game companies that made a bad WoW clone once

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

they have always brought in other MMORPGs as well as developing their own..

Only thing to change is the move to f2p as for some reason everyone wants f2p these days :( i think subs are they way forward but there we go :)

I guess SOE are just moving with the times..

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Will keep an eye on it. Hope it really ends up being a sandbox mmo. We need more of those instead of WoW clones.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    =S this is odd   why would sony

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    If it is f2p I don't want anything to do with it.  They ruined Runes of Magic with all their cash shop powerups.