Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: BioWare Previews F2P in New Video

2»

Comments

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104

One thing I dont like is that ANYONE can play levels 1-15 free with no time limit except if you bought the game for 60 dollars and let your sub ran out that account cant play levels 1-15. Atleast on rift every account can play levels 1-20 and starter areas not just the new accounts that haven't spent one cent.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Sounds good. 
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I just hope this will not ruin best game I have ever enjoyed. F2p is seen by me as killer of quality gamming. But sure there are games that could never exist as sub based (gw1, rappelz, aion, ...).
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
     they plan on introducing even more crippleware then sony does xD these guys never learn

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

I think I'm going to resubscribe for a while now, before it goes F2P. You never know what F2P will do to a game.

I still have a hard time believing they're giving the story content away for free though. Might it be that they're confident the system they have will be able to "annoy the players enough to make them pay"?

Oh, well. On the sunny side, I think it's really going to stand out among other F2P experiences you can get with the amount of content and expensive production.

I wonder if it'd have been better for them had they made the game B2P with frequent story-content DLCs.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well the problem with the f2p option, it does not solve this games lack of content.  Investment in far too many cut scences and voice overs prevented them from making enough actual content to justify a subscription.  This game might be better in the future, but they had better have big plans on adding content and fixing the ludicrous space part of the game.  Adding more battlegrounds is not the way to go.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    if I ever back to play TOR ,it ll be with monthly sub ,i dont'care for F2P crapy limitations
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Gona take more then F2P to get me to come back. Also with what I get with GW2, it makes SWToR F2P model seems way to restrictive. 
  • vierklauwvierklauw Member UncommonPosts: 27
    crapy game with "f2p" demo version from EA? lol no thanks
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

For some reason that video has me missing SWTOR, and considering re-subing...

Odd.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    when you pay to unlock new races, you're actually paying to just unlock new skin colors for humans
  • roystoncomproystoncomp Member Posts: 1
    dont be fooled by this trailer folks its a poor game !
  • eyeqdkeyeqdk Member UncommonPosts: 37

so, they made a video, but dont realy sad anything new in it. 

All of the info were already put 2 month ago. 

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by Asamof
    when you pay to unlock new races, you're actually paying to just unlock new skin colors for humans

Exactly.