Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would You Pay Monthly Subscription Fee For GuildWars 2 ?

Comments

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    should of added a third option that said "I wouldn't pay a sub fee for any themepark MMO"

Ah, but many people would, their are themeparks and then their is GW2 which is not worth a sub.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Wouldn't pay a monthly fee for any themepark anymore... That bus has drove away long time ago.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I regret spending money on the game in the first place so hell no...
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    should of added a third option that said "I wouldn't pay a sub fee for any themepark MMO"

Ah, but many people would, their are themeparks and then their is GW2 which is not worth a sub.

which is your opinion. For me, not any single themepark nowadays is worth a sub and I wouldn't give a penny for that scam.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

This. 

Though I did sub to TSW for an extra month until GW2 came out, prolly would of been same via versa. Because I just won't be doing subs period. 

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i voted no

i still fail to see why you want a sub fee its like shouting here have my money for nothing 

what has any mmo  given the players  for the sub fee 

i still have  yet to see anything thats worth $15  dollers   for  any free updates let alone  the months you have to play  and pay    where you dont recive anything

when you look at game they  roughly cost 3 times a sub fee   so every 3 months i would expect a expansion the size of a complete game  do you get that much content added  every 3 months you dont get that much added  if you took all updates and addedd them all together

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

Absolutely not.

Anets response to issues and bugs is terrible & there is no endgame to keep me playing.

And no exploring maps and pvp is not endgame.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by zimboy69

i still have  yet to see anything thats worth $15  dollers   for  any free updates let alone  the months you have to play  and pay    where you dont recive anything

Well, you get to play the game. I know that sounds bad, considering you've payed for the game already, but that's how services work.

Even without extra content added (and there always is), it's still a service that requires payment.

Free 2 play games shutdown servers all the time, and fast (I don't mean just MMOs here). Look at EA Sports games. With those, you get a limited time service (until the next iteration of the game, or so) and that's it. Still a service, though.

• waterwizardwaterwizard Member Posts: 33
    No, but I do for WAR: Age of Reckoning. And I will continue to.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

which is your opinion. For me, not any single themepark nowadays is worth a sub and I wouldn't give a penny for that scam.

It's not my opinion it's a fact, check WOW,EQ2, RIFT, LOTRO and AOC if you think it's just my opinion. Some of those games i mention are F2P but also have people paying subs.

Contrary to what the the faithful think, sub are far from dead.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I won't pay a sub fee for any game. Subscriptions prevent you from actually OWNING the game. For example, I have spent probably spent $720 on subscription fees + base game + expansions on WoW. Do I own anything for spending nearly $900-1000 on WoW? Sure, several CDs.

Sub fees should be removed permanently if you ask me. But then again I wouldn't play any MMO nowadays, sub or no sub.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by nsignific

Well, you get to play the game. I know that sounds bad, considering you've payed for the game already, but that's how services work.

Even without extra content added (and there always is), it's still a service that requires payment.

Free 2 play games shutdown servers all the time, and fast (I don't mean just MMOs here). Look at EA Sports games. With those, you get a limited time service (until the next iteration of the game, or so) and that's it. Still a service, though.

but you dont compaire it to games like skyrim ,civ v , total war ,halflife and now gw2

at least when they release a expansion you can see what your paying for and choose to buy it  and  i can still play the game if i dont get the expansion

im all for paid content  and new versions of a game at least then you can see what your gettting for your money

but wow for example  says  you have  to buy this exact same game every 3 months  for nothing new or extra

years ago  you could justify a cost to running a mmo

but the cost is so small  now that   they dont even have a heading for  server costs on there own accounts

even your example of a ea sports game you only buy the game even with its limited time frame  its still not  the cost of a game + a subscription

the subscription is nothing but a cash scam  no reason for it   other than to get money for nothing 

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    No way. I own the game and even withotu subscription fees I don't play the game.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I said no, but GW2 is built to be a super casual game, therefore it doesn't fit the subscription model by default.

So the question is a bit redundant.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Subs for MMOs are dead in the water, or should be.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

I chose yes.

Though Im not currently playing, it has nothing to do with sub fee or lack of it. Game just isnt my cup of tea in it's current state. But If I were to pick a themepark game to stick with, it would probably be GW2 and if I were still actively playing then yes I would pay a sub fee for it.

There may be a few better games out there more worth a sub fee for other individuals, but compared to the majority of the market GW2 offers a lot more, and will be bringing more to the table in the future than most of them have done with several years to add to and improve their game. I wouldnt pay $5 a month to play a lot of games that are out there, but I would have no problem paying $15 per month for GW2.

Yes, Im looking at you Mythic / Bioware / EA with your several years of WAR charging people $15 a month and adding absolutely NOTHING (in fact taking away content and making what little content exists not worth doing) to the game that entire time except for a single, mostly useless, zone that is only accessable to half the players at ny given time in over 2 years.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: No

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I couldn't last more than two weeks with the "free" version, so obviously the answer is a big no.
  • HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Only themepark I am interested in currently but I still voted no.
    Monthly sub with paid expansions are dead to me now.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

It'd be the first single player game of history with a sub.

It's fun to play it through once and try out some classes and WvWvW, but to me it's not worth a sub.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'm done with paying monthly subs for MMOs. GW 2 certainly isn't good enough especially on the PvP side to be the exception. So no I wouldn't pay a monthly sub for it. And if it had had a monthly sub from the beginning, I would already have cancelled if I had even bought it in the first place.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

No I wouldn't pay a sub fee for it and no I wouldn't drop another mmo to play it.

I am though more than happy to pay a sub fee for an mmo, so it is not the model I have an issue with, more the fact that I don't think GW2 is worth a sub.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

i voted no

i still fail to see why you want a sub fee its like shouting here have my money for nothing 

when you look at game they  roughly cost 3 times a sub fee   so every 3 months i would expect a expansion the size of a complete game  do you get that much content added  every 3 months you dont get that much added  if you took all updates and addedd them all together

Decent and timely customer service and support..... To me that is a big one. I had to wait anywhere from several days to over a week for various issues with GW2. To me that isn't acceptable. I understand they don't have the revenue stream to support a decent CS team, but I would be willing to pay for it. This is just one thing.....

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

No, but not because I don't want to pay subsciption for mmorpg, but because for me Guild Wars 2 is too gamey and lacking depth in non-combat depertments to pay sub for it.     

I am ready to pay subscription for an mmoprg that would be designed around separate virtual world idea and GW2 is not imho. 

GW2 for me is not type of mmorpg that is worth a sub.

Of  course this mmorpg would have to drop all cash shop, currency selling / exchanging, rmah's, etc .  Paying susbcription does not make sense if game is monetized in other ways. (apart of maybe box price / real expansions).

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

i voted no

Decent and timely customer service and support..... To me that is a big one. I had to wait anywhere from several days to over a week for various issues with GW2. To me that isn't acceptable. I understand they don't have the revenue stream to support a decent CS team, but I would be willing to pay for it. This is just one thing.....

Dont really see how that makes a difference wether a game is sub or not. theres tons of sub games out there that offer much worse customer service & support. Its specific to each company, not a payment model. Ive had my share of bad experiences in sub games and good experiences in F2P / B2P games.

Its like saying youre automatically going to get worse service at a cheap fast food place than a normal restaraunt, JUST because you paid more for it. When price has no relation. Its all about the company itself and their staff.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It'd be the first single player game of history with a sub.

It's fun to play it through once and try out some classes and WvWvW, but to me it's not worth a sub.

[mod edit]

Calling it a single player game while also mentioning WvWvW (which consists almost entirely of fighting OTHER PEOPLE). I really cant think of any better words to describe this than: Epic Fail.