Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

LF space game similar to spore

neal8929neal8929 Houston, TXPosts: 2Member
I am looking for a fun space strategy game similar to Spore. Spore had a really fun space phase that allowed you to land on planets and conquer other solar systems and stuff it was really cool. I am not really looking for an MMO but a single player space strategy game.

Comments

• neal8929neal8929 Houston, TXPosts: 2Member
    My first post in 5 years and no one replys to it, I hate you.
  • gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member

You may try VGA-Planets. It's a very old game but it's still going on. There's a web site that offers a web-based interface that works quite well, and it's free since they are in beta (it's perfectly playable, they are just adding interface features and stuff like that).

It's a multiplayer turn based strategy game. It's very complex but very easy to start to play. Mastering it is another matter. 11 different races put together in one universe. All turns are rolled simultanously, so you never know what your opponent is going to do.

I know you were looking for a single player game, but if you have not played this and you are into turn based strategy, I still have not found anything (IMO) better.

• ArakaneArakane Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 200Member Uncommon

I'm going to say a name to you, Chris Roberts, and, he's back,look it up,and become very happy :)

(The game is called 'Star Citizen", btw)

• gordiflugordiflu BarcelonaPosts: 757Member
    We ll have to wait a few years. Meanwhile, there are still many 24/7 active Freelancer servers.
  • AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy DumfriesPosts: 108Member
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    We ll have to wait a few years. Meanwhile, there are still many 24/7 active Freelancer servers.

Yes freelancer has some of the most dedicated communities i have seen in games that allow public server hosting. Custom content and ships, Roleplay elements as well as various rulesets to cater to different gameplay styles. Worth checking .