Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking about trying this out

trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Never played any of the Final Fantasey Online games. I have a few questions if anyone would be so kind as to inform me about this game because I don't know very much about it, all I know is that people really hated it and now it's been redesigned and suppost to be better.

So what I'm wondering is,,

1. Is the game Open World?

2. Descent indepth Crafting system?

3. Descent Character creation?

Thank you so much In Advance.

Cheers,

-Trash

Comments

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

Hi Trash.  I don't believe you will be able to play this game until 2.0 is released.  If I remember correctly they are no longer allowing new players into the game.  The servers are going to stop saving character data on 1Nov and on 11Nov the servers are shutting down.

1.  I don't know what you mean by open world.  The world has many public zones.  The towns usually have quit a few people in them.  You can go outside of the towns to open areas where I usually see no more than a dozen people at a time. There are MANY instances where you will either be alone or with one or two other people.  I've probably spent 50% of my time in the game in instances or traveling between two different instances.

2.  As a crafter you gain levels just like you would as any other class in the game. You can gain levels as a crafter by making an item, completing a quest, or killing monsters.  To make an item you just open the menu and select "craft."  Then you have to select a recipe and gather the necessary materials to craft. You always have these materials or you can find them for very cheap. Crafting works by selecting the speed you want to craft. If you craft fast you have a higher chance of success but the item will be of bad quality.  If you craft slow the item will be of good quality but you might not even finish it! I'm simplifying a little bit... hope you get the idea.

3.  You can custimize your character and make him or her very unique.  I find this very ironic in every MMO since none of these unique feature have any bearing on the game.

4.  I hate this game and I really wanted to like it.

• crossleecrosslee Member Posts: 11

1. is the game open world? if by non instanced then yes.

2. Descent indepth Crafting system? I particulary like the crafting on it as it was, no idea if they changed it or not since but it was very time consuming and based on RNG back then.

3. Descent Character creation? think so lots of presets of faces,noses,bodies, etc. but can't remember if you could go into great depths like aion and morph the face n body to what you want.

"Sheep Will Always Look For A New Shepard. Fact Of Life" ~ My Head

"All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care."
    ~RavingRabbid

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

1. If by 'open world' you mean 'sandbox', then no.

2. The crafting system is more in-depth than any other game that came before it.

3. The character creation is 'okay'. It's more in-deapth that v.1.0, and less indepth than EVE.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Why is open world such a hard term for you lot to understand?

It means having a world like World of Warcraft rather than Guild Wars or Diablo.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Open world will mean a large landmass that you can fully explore without being funnelled down corridors or hitting a loading screen every time you move to another zone.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

What I mean by open world like some other posters have stated already is no loading screens, or instancing. I really hate instancing. Anyways thanks for the heads up and information. I've been trying to get info on the game but it's been hard because I've been so busy working on My industrial band I havin't had time to do any research so I thought I'de come here and ask people that probably knew more than I did.

Thanks again guys

Cheers,

-Trash