Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext to be largest Sandbox game ever!

2»

Comments

• futnatusfutnatus Member Posts: 193
    Hype wagon, hype wagon!
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Yeah guys, I know it was Nancy "Oh look, I make Leapfrogs now!" Mcintyre.

But up until very recently, that outlook has been supported by SOE in everything they've done.

They have made ONE pure themepark.  ONE.  And that theme park was made when they already had the #1 sandbox on the market.  The only big budget game theyve done since EQ2 was DCUO, which is a ps3 game at heart.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    This is awesome news.  While I am really enjoying GW2 and look forward to play it as it develops and expands. Norrath will always hold sway over my imagination. BRING ON SOME EQNEXT!!!
  • WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

How many eggs do we place in Smed's Basket?

I get a funny feeling SOE had a master plan ever since they went into that NGE phase.....

SOE overtaking blizzard?..... could happen.... 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Starting over from scratch doesn't bode well.  This game had better be 5 years away from fruition.
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Starting over from scratch doesn't bode well.  This game had better be 5 years away from fruition.

oh i wouldnt say that. A great portion of developer time is spent creating art assets and content, and of course the forgelight engine is already complete or you couldnt be in the planetside beta, and they have almost 2 years since they changed modes. Not to mention you have no idea what art assets they might of lifted from their other games and reskinned them, and features like soe emote  and entire systems from swg might be useful in creating the game.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Who would have ever thought SOE ( "Noone wants to be Uncle Owen!" ) would be the ones to throw EQ into the sandbox fire?

Could be interesting.

I know, right! Apparently "research" has shown thereare more uncle owens out there than they previously thought.

people want to do more than kill x rinse and repeat? whoa Lucasrts must have learned something

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

And none believed me when I made a thread of EQ next tackling sandbox & possibly PvP to the Rumor room.

In your face, doubters.

And I ain't getting on the wagon, I'll be riding with the vanguard on a... Horse?

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I might not ever play 'EQ Next' when it comes out, but I am glad to see more sandbox mmo's in the industry being developed for sure.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/367601

Please do not create duplicate threads of already open discussions.

Thanks

Love Kenze

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673
    Originally posted by Sacfed
    Smedley just said it! What do you think?

I think smedley has been known to give out information that turned out to not be true about games that I have seen much more from than this one so I'm going to have to reserve my own personal judgement for quite a while longer.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Who would have ever thought SOE ( "Noone wants to be Uncle Owen!" ) would be the ones to throw EQ into the sandbox fire?

Could be interesting.

I know, right! Apparently "research" has shown thereare more uncle owens out there than they previously thought.

people want to do more than kill x rinse and repeat? whoa Lucasrts must have learned something

No, Lucasarts didn't learn anything. They made SWTOR which is exactly that: kill x, rinse, repeat.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495