Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of mmorpg would you create? No swords or dragons allowed

123457»

Comments

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

i would just make it epic, something that does nothing but make casual players so upset and mad they can't see straight. Something that hardcore players love and need to log on everyday to play. The casual player blast it on mmorpg.com for being too hard to play.

Peace

Lascer

• gxgunnygxgunny Member Posts: 64

I would mix the following games into one SCI-FI MMORPG

1) Eve Online - awesome space combat, ships, crafting, economy, mining

2) World of Warcraft - awesome controls, fun, fluid combat, flying vehicles, mounts

3) Minecraft - create anything in the game from scratch including your base on your planet, your ship,etc. All items in the game can be broken down for mats and can be upgraded.

4) Skyrim - Leveling system like Skryim, but  there is no max level. You just keep gaining skills as you use them where it would take you 20+ years of play to max a character out.  Also, throw in Jeremy Soule for the musical score for the win.  

• IndolIndol Member Posts: 189

Star Control MMO

Dune MMO

And just for fun, an Oregon Trail MMO image

• RafanestRafanest Member Posts: 13

The conditions are too restrictive. Seems like you want that people write about what you want to hear.

I like swords, magic and dragons. But taking account your condictions I would like to play a post-apocaliptic MMO,  similar to Fallout series.

Real time MMO, similar to TSW, but wih more freedom and exploring features.

And maybe sci-fi MMO. A game about exploring unknown planets.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Top 3 concepts that need to be made in to MMOs

Western made Marial arts MMO featuring Chuck Noris.

Vampires VS Warewolves

Ninja's VS Pirates

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

No swords,dragons,magic,shields or wizards.

My top 3...

1. Space MMORPG. Think SWG meets EVE Online.

Twitch based space combat with an EVE-esque universe...but add in meteor showers, solar storms that would temporarily mess with your ships electronics, comets, giant hollow asteroids to explore, planetary exploration, and building space stations.

2. Wild West MMORPG.

World based between the Appalachian Mountains, to the Pacific Ocean, and North to south from parts of Canada to Mexico. Complete sandbox.

Be a Horse Thief, Blacksmith, Train/Bank Robber, Gun Slinger, Cattle Rancher, Farmer, Bounty Hunter, Sherriff of a Town, Deputy, run a Saloon...whatever you want! Players keep the law and order, or the chaos that needs law and order present. The players decide.

3. Zombie Apoclypse MMORPG.

Based off of certain locations (Start in the U.S., U.K., Japan). No leveling. Progression would be based on your survival time without dying. You get skills based on your survival time (Craft weapons, Build vehicles, become a skilled booby trap crafter, etc.). Work with others to survive, or kill other players for their survival goods (Careful though...zombies see and hear you.) If biten...you become a zombie and can restart, or play as a Zombie and go after other players!

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Zombie mmo I know i know.....

Wild west mmo

Steampunk mmo

A alternate reality where Nazi Germany hasnt lost YET  mmo

Ill think of more...

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Someone respected advised me "Lasers and Dragons".

Of course that's disqualified here, and at first I thought he was joking.  Now I'm starting to wonder if he was serious.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.