It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by kzaske Originally posted by Thebigthrill No swords,dragons,magic,shields or wizards. 1. A prison mmorpg 2.A sky diving mmorpg 3.Cowboys vs Indians mmorpg 4.Musical mmorpg Start a rockband With the limitations you have placed on your question I think you have invalidated your question. As an aside, I would not play any of the MMO's on your list.
he remove only the fantasy games, so sci-fi are inside, space flight sims e.t.c. but cowboys and indians sounds fun
anyway ill prefer a SWG without jedis, simple as that
I'm not sure I'd even attempt an MMORPG. I think I'd aim at lower population, player run servers. 100 to 200 people online per server.
1) Wild, Wild West with Steam punk and a magic system based around religion more than Wizards. I think this could work as a sandbox game with players being able to own property such as farms, ranches or mines. Combat and PvP would play a major role in the game, but the land ownership would play an equally important role.
2) A Lovecraftian themed game, set in the 20's with some Steam punk elements. Players would be investigators or cultists. I think a mostly sandbox style game with player guilds and server factions and the goal is to either bring the old gods closer, or push them farther away. There would be combat and PvP, but it would be minimal. Combat was never a major focus of the IP, so it wouldn't be a major focus of the game. 3) Wizard of Oz. This isn't very fleshed out as a game setting, but I think it's an interesting IP and there's a lot that could be done with it.
I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.
Originally posted by defector1968 he remove only the fantasy games, so sci-fi are inside, space flight sims e.t.c. but cowboys and indians sounds fun anyway ill prefer a SWG without jedis, simple as that
That's not exactly true. Like I said on the last page the no magic, swords, or dragons thing removes, for example, Shadowrun (which is cyberpunk but has all of the above) and Vampire (which is modern day but has magic and swords). His restrictions rule out quite a bit honestly.
i would just make it epic, something that does nothing but make casual players so upset and mad they can't see straight. Something that hardcore players love and need to log on everyday to play. The casual player blast it on mmorpg.com for being too hard to play.
I would mix the following games into one SCI-FI MMORPG
1) Eve Online - awesome space combat, ships, crafting, economy, mining
2) World of Warcraft - awesome controls, fun, fluid combat, flying vehicles, mounts
3) Minecraft - create anything in the game from scratch including your base on your planet, your ship,etc. All items in the game can be broken down for mats and can be upgraded.
4) Skyrim - Leveling system like Skryim, but there is no max level. You just keep gaining skills as you use them where it would take you 20+ years of play to max a character out. Also, throw in Jeremy Soule for the musical score for the win.
Star Control MMO
And just for fun, an Oregon Trail MMO
The conditions are too restrictive. Seems like you want that people write about what you want to hear.
I like swords, magic and dragons. But taking account your condictions I would like to play a post-apocaliptic MMO, similar to Fallout series.
Real time MMO, similar to TSW, but wih more freedom and exploring features.
And maybe sci-fi MMO. A game about exploring unknown planets.
Top 3 concepts that need to be made in to MMOs
Western made Marial arts MMO featuring Chuck Noris.
Vampires VS Warewolves
Ninja's VS Pirates
Originally posted by Thebigthrill No swords,dragons,magic,shields or wizards.
My top 3...
1. Space MMORPG. Think SWG meets EVE Online.
Twitch based space combat with an EVE-esque universe...but add in meteor showers, solar storms that would temporarily mess with your ships electronics, comets, giant hollow asteroids to explore, planetary exploration, and building space stations.
2. Wild West MMORPG.
World based between the Appalachian Mountains, to the Pacific Ocean, and North to south from parts of Canada to Mexico. Complete sandbox.
Be a Horse Thief, Blacksmith, Train/Bank Robber, Gun Slinger, Cattle Rancher, Farmer, Bounty Hunter, Sherriff of a Town, Deputy, run a Saloon...whatever you want! Players keep the law and order, or the chaos that needs law and order present. The players decide.
3. Zombie Apoclypse MMORPG.
Based off of certain locations (Start in the U.S., U.K., Japan). No leveling. Progression would be based on your survival time without dying. You get skills based on your survival time (Craft weapons, Build vehicles, become a skilled booby trap crafter, etc.). Work with others to survive, or kill other players for their survival goods (Careful though...zombies see and hear you.) If biten...you become a zombie and can restart, or play as a Zombie and go after other players!
Zombie mmo I know i know.....
Wild west mmo
A alternate reality where Nazi Germany hasnt lost YET mmo
Ill think of more...
Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim DawnWaiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert
Someone respected advised me "Lasers and Dragons".
Of course that's disqualified here, and at first I thought he was joking. Now I'm starting to wonder if he was serious.
Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security. I don't Forum PVP. If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident. When I don't understand, I ask. Such is not intended as criticism.